IGNORED

Promoted sides unbeaten

Dr Balls

So a few games in and all 3 promoted sides have played 3 and are still unbeaten. I think you would have got pretty long odds on that pre-season. Admittedly 2 of those 9 games have included us as opposition, but it also suggests that the battle at the bottom of this league could be even more tough than usual.

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

So a few games in and all 3 promoted sides have played 3 and are still unbeaten. I think you would have got pretty long odds on that pre-season. Admittedly 2 of those 9 games have included us as opposition, but it also suggests that the battle at the bottom of this league could be even more tough than usual.

It’s not unusual for promoted sides to surf on their success for a little while until they run out of steam. Hell even City went to Highbury and won! 
I cringe when people were saying how easy our start is. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s not unusual for promoted sides to surf on their success for a little while until they run out of steam. Hell even City went to Highbury and won! 

Indeed. Hull unbeaten too. Very early in the season but the three teams we have failed to beat this season are teams nobody else has yet managed to beat either. 

Edited by LondonBristolian

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Now now Major. We had this chat before. History shows that this season is the outlier rather than the norm.

And this is exactly why you don’t worry about position after three games. Nobody expects Norwich or Boro to be bottom three where they were, and there is Bob Hope of Birmingham mounting a promotion push. 

I remember the McInnes season with 8 goals in the first two home games and look how that ended. 

The fact is, the table (and “unbeaten” means nothing after three games - witness our six fingered brethrens excitement after Oxford which has soon been tempered.

Titles and Relegation aren’t decided in August. They’re decided in November, as we all know.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1