IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Living The Dream

Sheltons Army

He looks the real deal to me. Pace, movement, aggression, instinctive goals. Every game I’ve seen him in the first team he has either scored, or come close. But most importantly, he seems eager and able to learn quickly, reminds me a little if Joe Bryan in that respect, however he is doing at a higher level, earlier in his career. Could he be the semenyo  replacement - and go beyond him? 

Edited by ciderwithtommy

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

He looks the real deal to me. Pace, movement, aggression, instinctive goals. Every game I’ve seen him in the first team he has either scored, or come close. But most importantly, he seems eager and able to learn quickly, reminds me a little if Joe Bryan in that respect, however he is doing at a higher level, earlier in his career. Could he be the semenyo  replacement - and go beyond him? 

When I’ve seen him in U23s his work rate , movement has always impressed me 

He’s an ‘all round footballer’ - got a bit of everything and an all round game

Most of the goals I’ve seen him score , he’s ‘passed’ the ball into the net , which is normally a good sign

(I’m not comparing their level. :laugh: ) But he’s a bit Kane like in his all round game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

He’s noticeably stronger this season. What’s very noticeable is that he looks to “spin” his man a lot, and does it well. Little lean in as ball comes to him and then transfers balance to other foot and accelerates away as defender adjusting. Did that extremely well today.

…and quicker too…imho.

5 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

So would you still play martin ? 

The way in which Nige used Martin was excellent. Coming on late to bolster the 10 men and help see the game out. I noticed he had plenty of touches during his cameo  - more in that time than he had in the entire game at Wigan………...:cool2:

• Like 1

Nige will have a selection conundrum when Semenyo becomes available again. Watching game last night with City playing so well I wondered what a difference AS could have made with his added pace and power especially down the flanks.

His strengths are very different to Wells and Conway and City are blessed to have so many striking options.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

As Harry said earlier on here we had to change things but taking off those two upfront allowed them to push us back should have brought a fullback on but hey ho three points 

It did but I’d also say both of them had run themselves into the ground and were flagging, added to fact Wells was on a booking and the officials were at risk of losing control of the game.

That Conway interview is a joy to hear. I severely doubt he’d have got a chance if certain other managers were still here. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You beat me to it…Robbored is wrong.

Perhaps if you stop counting at 5 you miss the other 23 touches.

I remember him receiving the ball, controlling it before laying it off - that was when I lost track. I stopped counting at five.