IGNORED

One Andy Weimann! ..... There's only one Andy Weimann ...

KURTZ

Loved how he was straight in there snapping at Freeman after the Mark Sykes’ incident.

Another incredible display last night, no idea how many kilometres he must cover in a game & a brilliant assist.

All time great for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Loved how he was straight in there snapping at Freeman after the Mark Sykes’ incident.

Another incredible display last night, no idea how many kilometres he must cover in a game & a brilliant assist.

All time great for me.

Shut up! He just runs around pointing a lot!!!

seriously the big difference is Nigel Pearson. The issue really was that Weimann made runs that were routinely not picked out. Pearson unlike his predecessors has got players to look and find the guy and the rest speaks for itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

All time great for me.

Having watched almost identical years as you Graham , I didn’t think I had ‘favourite players’ anymore , and struggling to think of one I regarded that way for many years

But this bloke, definitely right up there in my all time favourite players to have represented us.

Much more than his abilities , it’s his attitude and professionalism- I’m yet to see an appearance where he hasn’t ‘bust a gut’

In terms of respecting a player he really is in the medals at City in my lifetime , someone only like Tom Ritchie can compete

People salivate over JET or Jacki and even describe them as some sort of legend...... Give me the professional Andi Weimann every day of the week , and some

Said it before , in the days of ridiculous wages , he’s one of ours I don’t begrudge a penny

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Having watched almost identical years as you Graham , I didn’t think I had ‘favourite players’ anymore , and struggling to think of one I regarded that way for many years

But this bloke, definitely right up there in my all time favourite players to have represented us.

Much more than his abilities , it’s his attitude and professionalism- I’m yet to see an appearance where he hasn’t ‘bust a gut’

In terms of respecting a player he really is in the medals at City in my lifetime , someone only like Tom Ritchie can compete

People salivate over JET or Jacki and even describe them as some sort of legend...... Give me the professional Andi Weimann every day of the week , and some

Said it before , in the days of ridiculous wages , he’s one of ours I don’t begrudge a penny

Agree with every word & the Tom Ritchie comparison is a good one.

Neither ever came off the pitch without giving everything they have.

There was a short spell after the sending off where Nige switched him to RWB, as usual no drama, he just did it.

Imagine some of the prima donnas we have had doing that if they were our top scorer.

Don’t start me on Jacki, dear oh dear.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Agree with every word & the Tom Ritchie comparison is a good one.

Neither ever came off the pitch without giving everything they have.

There was a short spell after the sending off where Nige switched him to RWB, as usual no drama, he just did it.

Imagine some of the prima donnas we have had doing that if they were our top scorer.

Don’t start me on Jacki, dear oh dear.

Seems to have a really good relationship with the young players and fun banter to

Antoine , Conway and Scott have all talked about him - his influence and example to them I would suggest has been quite significant (Chris Martin & Nahki too tbf)

Unbelievable that last season was post a nasty ACL injury , especially for a player who relies on pace ,running and intensity as a significant part of his game - What an inspiration for Ayman for example 

I know our budget is tight but I’d like to see him offered a wage increase and another year on his contract as a recognition of what he’s done post ACL,

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Shut up! He just runs around pointing a lot!!!

seriously the big difference is Nigel Pearson. The issue really was that Weimann made runs that were routinely not picked out. Pearson unlike his predecessors has got players to look and find the guy and the rest speaks for itself. 

Yep I think this is a huge part of why Weimann has been so much effective, his finishing has got better but a lot of the time previously people just weren't noticing how he plays. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Gazred said:

I think he's probably a better player now than he's even been. Really mastered his own game. Covers so much ground and contributes no matter what's asked of him.

Too often we sign players with a half decent reputation and see them go backwards at City. With Andi, I believe we are getting the best Andi Weimann the world has ever seen.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, underhanded said:

Crazy to watch his recovery runs - they're explosive, 100% sprints....every...single...time. Never labouring, never jogging. He's one of the fittest footballers I've seen at Champ level

100%, there was one just before he was hooked that those around me were discussing, it was around the 85th minute, he went on a run down the right, thought he was fouled & when Luton regained possession he ran back with an intensity it is hard to believe.

I know his parents were both sportspeople but he’s a machine, insane levels of fitness.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

The pass/cross for TC goal last night was sublime. Perfect 

See below!

4 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

And with his left foot

His weaker foot!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%, there was one just before he was hooked that those around me were discussing, it was around the 85th minute, he went on a run down the right, thought he was fouled & when Luton regained possession he ran back with an intensity it is hard to believe.

I know his parents were both sportspeople but he’s a machine, insane levels of fitness.

That was the one that stuck in my mind as well

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Weimann's pass map from yesterday. Shows locations from which he passed the ball.

He was, in summary, everywhere.

Screenshot_20220817-095609.png

He's here, he's there, he's every ***** where...........................

Brings back memories for those of my generation and Andi seems to be another who is the heartbeat of the team!

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Needs a better song that what he’s got. One of the consistent better players we’ve had in years and he’s got a song that nobody can understand, let alone him!

There's Barry Manilow's "Mandy" (Oh Mandy, you came and you signed without asking, and we cut half yer wages. Oh Mandy, you run up and down without stopping, and we want you to stay. oh Andy, you scored and you stopped us from shaking .... ) I can see that being adapted quite easily.

• Haha 3