IGNORED

Some Exciting Stuff Too

Port Said Red

Last night reminded me of why I love football. A cracking atmosphere from the faithful who knew how important a game it was as we hadn’t won in the league yet. Fast flowing possession based football. Luton looked decent without really hurting us . Was a little worried when I saw the team sheet and when we went down to ten I was quietly confident we wouldn’t concede.

Ive moaned on here about the product not being entertaining enough and this season I can see what our Nige is up too and the changes he’s made are massive . I know it’s early days. More please ? 

• Like 8

Yeh I wanted to chat a bit about Dasilva's runs. Atkinson we've seen do them before, they're great and I really, really enjoy a swashbuckling run from a centreback. In my dreams it's what I would love to do on a pitch. It feeds that 8 year old boy inside me. We've been blessed with a few who like it over the past few years. Ayling, Webster, and now Atkinson and Naismith on occasion all enjoy a run forward. Webster was probably the most capable, but I'm picking hairs there.

We don't see it as much (I think, subject to stat check) from Dasilva though. I wonder if it was an instruction to cut inside and take on Luton's defenders. He's good with his feet and has that low centre of gravity to jink and twist through the lines, but we all know he's not got the shot at the end to finish it. Is it preferable to a cross from the wing? Perhaps with Wells and Conway it is...although it's not like we've scored tons of goals from Dasilva crosses to Martin headers (that's possibly moving into the realm of the old Eliasson/Diedhiou myth). 

Perhaps it's simply nice option to deploy against shakier defences.

Enjoyed it greatly though.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For those who say they just want to be entertained, what about some of those runs from Atkinson and Dasilva in the 2nd half? 

Jay was absolutely flying and Atkinson, well one day he is going to get it absolutely right and score the goal of the season for a centre half.

Atkinson’s runs are great aren’t they? Pulls them all out of shape! Just waiting for the Kompany-esque banger now!

Edited by SBB
  • Like 2