IGNORED

Woodwork bursting at the seams

SBB

24 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

We’re all City fans after all.

That’s debatable imho.  Some seem to wallow in negativity, happy when things aren’t going well.  I don’t subscribe to happy-clapping either, but that’s more the behaviour of a fan imho, than the other.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s debatable imho.  Some seem to wallow in negativity, happy when things aren’t going well.  I don’t subscribe to happy-clapping either, but that’s more the behaviour of a fan imho, than the other.

I don’t believe they don’t want City to win, which makes them a fan. Whether  they’re worth having as fans is more debatable!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

I don’t believe they don’t want City to win, which makes them a fan. Whether  they’re worth having as fans is more debatable!

Think there are some whose narcissistic need to be right is more important than City winning. Loads who I disagree with and are generally more negative than I think plausible, who’ve been all over here saying how much they enjoyed last night - they’re supporters with a different perspective to me (groovy, debate/opinion is good, but we all want the same thing) some of the absentees, not convinced. 

• Like 3

Who are the "they" you're referring to?

Seeing @GrahamC on the thread it must include us (FBC) but if you see my tweets and listen to the Luton review on our latest episode we are giving an outpouring of praise! 

Would be good if some of these critics came on the pod but they won't! 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Seeing @GrahamC on the thread it must include us (FBC) but if you see my tweets and listen to the Luton review on our latest episode we are giving an outpouring of praise! 

Wasn’t aimed at you or the pod in particular, more a general statement about those who are missing all pre season but turn up at the first bad result. The same ones who then disappear and strangely never seem to celebrate or have anything positive to say, when we win. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, headhunter said:

What a bizarrely paranoid response! Was obviously aimed the posters who only appear after a bad result and then disappear.

• Like 6

It truly is laughable. 

During our League One double season under Cotts, I sat towards the back of the Dolman. 

There was a guy in the row behind me, and all he did was moan every single game. Criticizing each and every player. 

He spent half of the Swindon game slating Wilbraham, then grumbled (instead of celebrating) when he scored. 

Imagine, One of our most enjoyable seasons as a football club, and all you do is turn up to moan at the players. 

Even more amusingly, he left before we lifted the trophy, after the 8-2 win over Walsall. 

Baffled at times as to why some people even call themselves fans.

I can guarantee he's one of the first to start a new topic on here after a bad result. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The clue is always in the name imo. Supporters are supposed to support. 

Are you a reindeer by the way? and can I now be a :tv_horror: as I have COPD, just recovered from Cancer and now surviving just on a pension. In my defence I did used to watch all home games and most away back in late 60`s early 70`s,

did watch the game last night though on a really good stream, and did think we were really good.

On 17/08/2022 at 12:31, steveybadger said:

I don’t really see the point of goading those particular individuals (and yes they are predictably negative) after such a terrific result and performance? Why replace the positivity with negativity?

We’re all City fans after all.

Exactly this.....what value is this thread adding?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Exactly this.....what value is this thread adding?

I never promised value in the title or my OP. Merely calling out “supporters” who are strangely absent during the good results but are prominent during the bad. Not that difficult a concept to grasp really. 

On 17/08/2022 at 13:04, Rudolf Hucker said:

The clue is always in the name imo. Supporters are supposed to support. 

It seems that some only support their point of view.

1 hour ago, SBB said:

I never promised value in the title or my OP. Merely calling out “supporters” who are strangely absent during the good results but are prominent during the bad. Not that difficult a concept to grasp really. 

40 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Name them then. 

Not that difficult a concept to grasp really and tremendous fun

1 hour ago, SBB said:

It's human nature to be more bothered or pre-occupied by negative events than by positive events, it is quite commonly thought. That's why "news" is full of bad things and news outlets pump out bad stuff, 24/7. It gets more attention than "things are going well."

Some people just feel the need to offload when we are shite, get it off their chests (and get a/see the reaction), and not so much when we beat Luton 2:0. People feel disappointed when we lose and need to do some-thing about it: the forum offers a public arena for dealing with this need.

Best way to reduce the moaning is total tumbleweed, no response at all to anything negative. Reason and logic and facts in response to when people are feeling emotionally disturbed in the immediate aftermath of defeat (and late surrender of one point or three) is worse than useless, it's counter-productive.

• Like 3

On 17/08/2022 at 11:07, SBB said:

So quick to criticise when we don’t get a result, calling for the managers head….. but conspicuous by their absence when we do. See you all again when you decide to crawl back out on those jerky hands and knees. 

Now who's gone missing?

Haha! Name them !

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Name them then. 

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Now who's gone missing?

Haha! Name them !

I couldn’t off the top of my head. Most aren’t regular contributors and that’s part of my annoyance. No problem with those who are critical of the team or NP because most can also appreciate when we play well and are happy to say so. Only coming out when we lose and in some cases, probably creating accounts purely to moan is just odd, to me. 

6 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

It's human nature to be more bothered or pre-occupied by negative events than by positive events, it is quite commonly thought. That's why "news" is full of bad things and news outlets pump out bad stuff, 24/7. It gets more attention than "things are going well."

Some people just feel the need to offload when we are shite, get it off their chests (and get a/see the reaction), and not so much when we beat Luton 2:0. People feel disappointed when we lose and need to do some-thing about it: the forum offers a public arena for dealing with this need.

Best way to reduce the moaning is total tumbleweed, no response at all to anything negative. Reason and logic and facts in response to when people are feeling emotionally disturbed in the immediate aftermath of defeat (and late surrender of one point or three) is worse than useless, it's counter-productive.

Very true. Thanks. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SBB said:

I couldn’t off the top of my head. Most aren’t regular contributors and that’s part of my annoyance. No problem with those who are critical of the team or NP because most can also appreciate when we play well and are happy to say so. Only coming out when we lose and in some cases, probably creating accounts purely to moan is just odd, to me. 

OK- probably best when starting a thread about various consistently negative posters to actually have the ammunition  ready in your gun!

On 17/08/2022 at 12:57, Davefevs said:

Dave, I have warned you before about being sensible and balanced...