IGNORED

Ticketing question.

spudski

Trying to purchase one adult ticket online...can't get through to ticketing by phone. In upper Lansdown W7 section.

It won't let me purchase. 

This comes up...what does it mean?

For every Junior Price Type, between {@minsubs} and {@maxsubs} Adult Price Type(s) can be selected in this Area.'

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Thanks for the replies...I didn't realise you HAD to be accompanied by a child.

Seems a very odd decision as there are plenty of single seats dotted about, where no one will be able to purchase as they won't be sat with a child. 

I was in W8 last season. There was always one single seat right behind me that was always free - my brother used to use it quite a lot but he had to ring up and say he was with us 

Seems a very odd decision as there are plenty of single seats dotted about, where no one will be able to purchase as they won't be sat with a child. 

It's a safeguarding issue. No adult in the family area without a child, and no child in without an adult. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

In the family section?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

It's a safeguarding issue. No adult in the family area without a child, and no child in without an adult. 

Is that true RedM?  I thought you were allowed to upgrade a kid ticket to an adult on an individual game basis?  Do they move you to another part of the ground for that?

3 hours ago, spudski said:

For ‘Gold’ Category games you have to be accompanied by 3 children

crazy

25 minutes ago, Super said:

In the family section?

Thanks everyone that replied... appreciated.

In response to this reply...The family section is 4, from memory, sections of the ground. 

Families sit together in other parts of the ground. They don't fill up all of the family sections. So you are left with many single seats every game not filled in the family sections.

Do you realise how many individual seats aren't taken up because of the club's rule?

Seems mad to not release single seats that are on their own. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just trying to work out the logic here M.

So kids are with their parents or guardians in this section. And the club are worried about safeguarding from what exactly? They are safe with their parents surely?

As an example...you could have some juniors on their own or with mates in another section...surrounded by adults who aren't related!

I understand the Club wish to make certain areas family ' friendly'...but as like today...there was two rows filled with one empty seat. A prime seat at the very front. Why not sell individual seats when it's obvious they can't otherwise be filled?

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

So kids are with their parents or guardians in this section. And the club are worried about safeguarding from what exactly? They are safe with their parents surely?

As an example...you could have some juniors on their own or with mates in another section...surrounded by adults who aren't related!

I understand the Club wish to make certain areas family ' friendly'...but as like today...there was two rows filled with one empty seat. A prime seat at the very front. Why not sell individual seats when it's obvious they can't otherwise be filled?

Calm down Prince Andrew

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Pre-Covid for a couple of seasons, a workmate and his two mates sat in the Family area for cheap because they bought a season ticket for mates grandson (who they never took dowm).

12 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Pre-Covid for a couple of seasons, a workmate and his two mates sat in the Family area for cheap because they bought a season ticket for mates grandson (who they never took dowm).

Yes...I've sat there before when I've taken my partner's two kids with me. She hates football. I noticed people without kids...and the empty single seats. Hence why I initially thought you could buy single tickets. 

7 minutes ago, !james said:

It's a pretty common thing amongst most clubs, have a quick Google. Not sure why you are calling us out as being different. 

I've not called us out as being different. I haven't compared us to anyone.

I asked a simple question to the logic and got an answer. 

Simple as that.

Now I know the reason.

I didn't before.

Under 14's have to be accompanied by an adult anywhere in the ground.