IGNORED

Forest buying 16 players

Show Me The Money!

Apologies if this has been discussed already and another apology as this isn’t City related but I’m baffled as to how Forest seem to be not only buying lots of players (16 now) but also spending quite large amounts of money for a newly promoted club that have a ground not really that much bigger than Ashton Gate. How are they able to do this?

I’ve never liked Forest for some reason as they always seem to be one of these clubs that the media seem to kiss the ass off because of Brian Clough and have fans that think they belong in the prem because they won the European cup a couple of times 40 years ago. I’m basically wanting them to get thrashed every week and will be peeved if they stay up because they are basically over spending beyond there means.

Rant over

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

They’re in the Prem, mate.

Plus their (totally legit) owner is someone who has fought hard to clear his name of those obviously false match fixing, referee intimidating (that bomb that went off at the referee’s business, all a mere coincidence) allegations who has easily passed the EFL’s fit & proper person’s test.

Expect plenty of Olympiakos/Forest transfers in the same way loads of players miraculously go between Udinese & Watford.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already and another apology as this isn’t City related but I’m baffled as to how Forest seem to be not only buying lots of players (16 now) but also spending quite large amounts of money for a newly promoted club that have a ground not really that much bigger than Ashton Gate. How are they able to do this?

I’ve never liked Forest for some reason as they always seem to be one of these clubs that the media seem to kiss the ass off because of Brian Clough and have fans that think they belong in the prem because they won the European cup a couple of times 40 years ago. I’m basically wanting them to get thrashed every week and will be peeved if they stay up because they are basically over spending beyond there means.

Rant over

They are in the prem, winning the play off alone is worth 120 million to the club, then add on prize money and TV money it's probably close to 200 million just for 1 season up there 

38 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Rant over

I'm with you

They are basically Bristol City with more success and why wouldn't they be when you compare Bristol v Nottingham, very similar in many ways

Fanbase is overrated in my opinion, they have averaged less than 20k in the Champ in the not to distant past

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I'm with you

They are basically Bristol City with more success and why wouldn't they be when you compare Bristol v Nottingham, very similar in many ways

Fanbase is overrated in my opinion, they have averaged less than 20k in the Champ in the not to distant past

They are massive compared to us  they won a European trophy we've won nothing of note

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm with you

In fairness if we got to the prem we’d have just as many ‘fans’ come out of the woodwork as forest have 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm with you

Forest are still a big club to be fair to them but i agree their fanbase particularly at this level is nothing to write home about.

I said it on a previous thread a few weeks ago but despite what some say on here our fanbase particularly after the re-build and considering the lack of success we have had (30 plus years and counting out of the topflight) is very good IMO. Barring a complete horror season i think we will average 20k plus again at home this season which would be a very good effort.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Why have we not seen teams like Norwich or West Brom ever go for it like this?

Fulham did it a few years ago

Upgraded their entire squad but kept the Championship squad in reserve

Got relegated

Sold all the new players and went back to the original squad for the next season in the Champ

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got relegated

Sold all the new players and went back to the original squad for the next season in the Champ

Although importantly they neglected to retain a number of loanees or out of contract players- or were unable to, importantly in the case of Fredericks and Targett...probably 2-3 others who were quite important in how the squad was set up.

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Rant over

Very true only a couple of years ago they were skint cotterell when manager similar to here had no money to .spend .

Edited by Cityboy1954

Nottingham Forest

Basically they were under an embargo for 2-3 years on and off which helped to stabilise the finances- this was under the old system which didn't have deductions but open ended embargoes until the club had rectified if they stayed down which gave a club a very strong incentive to fix FFP and do so correctly if they were unsuccessful wuth promotion.

Then the system changed old to new AND they became quite good at cashing in on youth products.

Pushed FFP to the limit- who knows in the fullness of time what proper analysis of their accounts to 2022 will show, they put in for £28m in 3 years in Covid addbacks and claims iirc which could surely in the fullness of time be challenged or amended by the EFL for FFP purposes- remember though they were rather good at sales, especially youth players as I say which on disposal is pure profit.

Cooper came in, strong loanees- something just clicked and they surged last season- Cup run helped too IMO, beating Arsenal and Leicester will have put confidence up further- perfect storm, struck while iron was hot. That Carvalho 'sale' to Olympiakos in January however...would be very interesting to see what that was- could it have kept them the right side of FFP?

38 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Why have we not seen teams like Norwich or West Brom ever go for it like this?

Norwich owners can't afford it and West Broms is being investigated for taking ( sorry borrowing) money from the club for o e if his other enterprises.

• Admin
1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got relegated

See my post above 

Difference is Forest lost SEVEN players from last season 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

+1