IGNORED

Benarous

Littlesh*t

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t see any reason why the prognosis that he’ll be back around Christmas/ early’23 would change with the type of injury he has.

Wouldn’t be trusting any App for scores on this.

That was my thinking to be honest and I didn't trust it hence the question if anyone was aware of the situation.

Looking forward to seeing him back and can see him fitting in well with a more footballing side if we keep it up.

I don't believe we will see him until after Christmas. 

The type of injury sustained, and at the age he is at, the club won't risk the injury re-occuring. 

He's a special talent, and has a long-term future at the club. We won't risk rushing him back until the injury heals, and he is 100% back to full fitness. 

He's been doing low impact training (bike work) in the HPC gym. But there's still many stages he needs to work through to even get back onto the grass. Then he will complete individual training (like Semenyo currently is) before being reintegrated back into the team training sessions. 

One thing Nige is very strict on, is ensuring players are fully fit and free of any injuries before he will consider playing them. Hence Kalas taking so long to return, Joe Williams being managed carefully, and Cam Pring needing to slowly build his fitness back up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The type of injury sustained, and at the age he is at, the club won't risk the injury re-occuring. 

He's a special talent, and has a long-term future at the club. We won't risk rushing him back until the injury heals, and he is 100% back to full fitness. 

He's been doing low impact training (bike work) in the HPC gym. But there's still many stages he needs to work through to even get back onto the grass. Then he will complete individual training (like Semenyo currently is) before being reintegrated back into the team training sessions. 

One thing Nige is very strict on, is ensuring players are fully fit and free of any injuries before he will consider playing them. Hence Kalas taking so long to return, Joe Williams being managed carefully, and Cam Pring needing to slowly build his fitness back up. 

Can you imagine if we still had the previous medical team\regime!

There would be a queue and appointment system for the treatment room, Scotty would have to be considered for selection, along with most of the u18s, and Pearson would be appealing for fans to bring their boots to matches - just in case.

4 minutes ago, Claverham_Red said:

January loan option to a League 2 club or maybe a National League club be better as you can control the loan length with NL teams, I believe?

He's guaranteed to be with our first team when he returns. 

No chance he goes down to League 2/non- league level. 

He just needs to recover from his injury, and then he will be on our bench/challenging for a starting position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think Benarous will take Scott’s place when he goes. 
The lad is a bit in Scott’s shadow but I think he has just as much potential.

I don't see why they can't both fit in. I see Scott in more of an Alonso position dictating the pace of the game where as Benarous is more attacking and I see him in a front 3 or behind the strikers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Having done my ACL, there are so many stages of rehab, and each one can have it’s pit-falls / set-backs.

I was well ahead of schedule, bike, wobble-board stuff, had kept all my muscle (pretty much) and about to start light jogging. Then I got a bit of fluid (something that I will always suffer from), had to slow down, lost a bit of muscle, and downward spiral.  I pretty much gave up any hopes of playing again in a reasonable timeframe after 6 months of stop start, think it’s ok, then more fluid.  I actually stopped playing for over 2 years.

They won’t rush him.  You’re right.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Can you imagine if we still had the previous medical team\regime!

There would be a queue and appointment system for the treatment room, Scotty would have to be considered for selection, along with most of the u18s, and Pearson would be appealing for fans to bring their boots to matches - just in case.

That’s unfair…Andi Weimann had no complaints!

28 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

He's guaranteed to be with our first team when he returns. 

No chance he goes down to League 2/non- league level. 

He just needs to recover from his injury, and then he will be on our bench/challenging for a starting position.

Nige made that point earlier…that he’s now used that time to become a fully fledged member of the first team squad.  Nice comment, can feel lonely being on the sidelines as a youngster in a senior environment.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nige made that point earlier…that he’s now used that time to become a fully fledged member of the first team squad.  Nice comment, can feel lonely being on the sidelines as a youngster in a senior environment.

I'm fairly sure Nige also commented on this not too long ago. Stating that it was a boost for Benarous' confidence as he was speaking with experienced pro's one-to-one on a daily basis in the treatment room. 

From what I've seen from clips and on the open training session, Benarous' and Semenyo are both being kept with the squad wherever possible. 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

The same team who rehab'd Weimann? The record with injuries was probably down to coaching and consitioning, not rehab. Different things.

Didn’t he get private treatment too? + is one of the most robust injury free players I’ve seen at City for years.

44 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Don’t underestimate the determination / drive and professionalism of the player as well

He’s just done an extended interview with Toby (the Commentator).  Will be interesting to hear his response to question(s) about his injury / rehab.

• Thanks 1