IGNORED

Swindon

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Had a man sent off in the first minute. Will be interesting to see that one.

Must be some sort of record?

Stockport missed the resultant penalty and Swindon went up the other end and claimed for one for them. Their player was booked for diving.

So one red and one yellow in the first couple of minutes. Stockport won 1-0 in the end.

• Haha 1

Jody Morris isn’t exactly pulling up any trees there, won just 2 of the 10 games he’s been in charge.

Not been the greatest of loans for Kadji, got on with 6 minutes to go today & has had similar very late sub appearances for them recently.

I was at this game today with a Swindon supporting mate. The early red card ruined it as a contest (although it was probably correct) and Swindon hardly managed to create anything with 10 men. Charlie Austin was subbed off at half time.

Kadji came on for the last 15 minutes and tried to get on the ball, but it was a difficult game for Swindon throughout.

A special mention for Swindon's right wing back Romeo Hutton tho. I'm not sure he is someone we need, but he always impresses me and could definitely move up a level or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Jody Morris isn’t exactly pulling up any trees there, won just 2 of the 10 games he’s been in charge.

Not been the greatest of loans for Kadji, got on with 6 minutes to go today & has had similar very late sub appearances for them recently.

Bet they have great nights out though. 

Karma. I will never forget that game with Wade Elliott being sent off in the first minute and everything that went on thereafter, the sense of injustice, the wild home celebrations like they've won the league, swindle players celebrating in front of the away fans - pretty inciteful, that cock chairman of there's, that odious captain giving it large who bottled out of the return match. Yes; you could say my general dislike of them grew to new levels that night.

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Swede said:

Karma. I will never forget that game with Wade Elliott being sent off in the first minute and everything that went on thereafter, the sense of injustice, the wild home celebrations like they've won the league, swindle players celebrating in front of the away fans - pretty inciteful, that cock chairman of there's, that odious captain giving it large who bottled out of the return match. Yes; you could say my general dislike of them grew to new levels that night.

Justice was done in the return thou.  I’ve rarely seen a City team so fired up and the Bryan goal that night was a thing of real beauty 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, harrys said:

To be fair they were a decent team and played good football, very sweet how it all went wrong for them though 

They were a very good side. Ran out of steam around February time. We had a bit more strength in depth and made great loan signings to extend our lead at the top.

City, MK Dons, Preston and Swindon that season in League 1 were all very good sides at that level

• Like 1

The return match definitely was payback. The look on Cotts face when Wilbs slammed in the third summed it all up for all of us.

To be fair they had a decent team just a shame they spoilt it by all of the shenanigans that went on. Flint must've been black and blue that night the amount of times he was assaulted in their penalty area. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Swede said:

We got revenge at Ashton Gate later in the season. One of our most memorable league games over the past decade too.

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I bet they have some bitchin' knees ups though.

10 hours ago, Swede said:

The return game was amazing... players up for it, the crowd even more so and under the lights too.

One of the few times in recent memory that I've genuinely thought that the Gate was an intimidating place to come to. I'd say the Swindon players felt that too judging by the scoreline! Great times

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bernard Lerring said:

The return game was amazing... players up for it, the crowd even more so and under the lights too.

One of the few times in recent memory that I've genuinely thought that the Gate was an intimidating place to come to. I'd say the Swindon players felt that too judging by the scoreline! Great times

There was something in the air that night and boy you could really feel it...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2015 said:

They were a very good side. Ran out of steam around February time. We had a bit more strength in depth and made great loan signings to extend our lead at the top.

City, MK Dons, Preston and Swindon that season in League 1 were all very good sides at that level

Indeed, and what a shame it was Swindon that had to miss out and whatever happened to Chesterfield who also made the playoffs?

26 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

I was in the Atyeo with the Swindon fans the other side of the barrier. It was great fun - I think most of us were stood up all night and, for the first time in many, many years, I found myself giving it large to them!

When Joe`s goal went in it was carnage!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I was in the Atyeo with the Swindon fans the other side of the barrier. It was great fun - I think most of us were stood up all night and, for the first time in many, many years, I found myself giving it large to them!

When Joe`s goal went in it was carnage!

Even an hour before the game in the stands and concourse you could feel there was quite a toxic atmosphere in the air. 

For many games against Swindon I felt that the game meant more to them than us, that day we finally stepped up to put them back in their place. Absolute gobshites on and off the pitch

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

52 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Even an hour before the game in the stands and concourse you could feel there was quite a toxic atmosphere in the air. 

For many games against Swindon I felt that the game meant more to them than us, that day we finally stepped up to put them back in their place. Absolute gobshites on and off the pitch

An hour before the game I was in the home dressing room…Joe was one of the mascots.

It was a brilliant night for lots of reasons.

Swindon started really strongly, Frankie made a couple of big saves early on, but the Agard goal rocked them, and it was all us after that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Absolutely & the footage of the way Cotts celebrated the Wilbraham goal with a clenched fist & “******* have some of that” is what he’s clearly saying, shows what it meant to him & those players, too.

People will forget but Swindon actually started the game well but we had absolutely battered them by the final whistle.