IGNORED

Where Are All These People On Saturdays?

Guest Rob

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Can you blame them? £17 to watch some of the worst football City have played in years!

Although when a bloke behing me thought HEWLETT was coming on, I thought that was taking the ###### abit

Some comments i heard last night....

1) I wonder which one the Blackthorn Wedlock Stand is?

2) What colour do Bristol City play in?

3) Where's the Dolman stand?

4) Why doesnt Brian Tinnion take those corners?! (To Which someone had to calmly reply - because he's left footed!!!)

5) Southampton arent going to take this seriously are they because if you think about it us to them is like Bradford Park Avenue to us!

6) City ought to count themselves lucky because they could easily be 8-0 down now!

Don't get me wrong, great to see Ashton gate so packed but the atmosphere didn't reflect the number :D but just made me laugh some of the comments people came out with last night :(

4) Why doesnt Brian Tinnion take those corners?! (To Which someone had to calmly reply - because he's left footed!!!)

I take your point.

Out of curiosity though, traditionally wingers are supposed to beat the defender and pull the ball back away from the goal line. So why do teams always take in-swinging corners? Surely we should try the odd out-swinger?

1. so the goalie finds it harder to collect the ball

2. so our attackers can run onto a ball that is coming at them rather than away from them...

So perhaps Tinman should try a couple...

Amazing the number of City fans who crawl out from under their stone when a big Premier League team is in town.

:Sleep12:

So what. :Rage:

It's money in the bank as far as I can see.

Yes if that support was there every week it would be great.

The point is, if a small percentage that does not normally attend liked what they saw last night and start coming along on a more regular basis, then it was a major success.

The attitude that you seem to apply to such attendances can only serve the purpose of putting these people off.

That in my opinion is just plain daft........ or is this just another of those 'Partime Fans' windup's (that some think are so hilarious to post.) :Confused13:

I welcome anyone and I mean anyone who attends Bristol City games

It's not just the money....... but it helps.

We (Bristol City) are the Glamour Boys of Bristol and don't you ever forget it!

Come On You Reds! ....sock it to em' :sport5:

Amazing the number of City fans who crawl out from under their stone when a big Premier League team is in town.

:Sleep12:

And whats wrong with it?! I attend every match regardless and I actually like it when we have a big match and loads of people show up, fact is they won't attend every week so I'm just grateful when they do.

Funny thing was some guy showed up next to me and said (to our general area, he was probably a season ticket holder in his usual seat) "where the hell are you lot every Saturday?" which I thought was a shocking thing to say, I calmly replied that I was a season ticket holder but wasn't in my usual seat, soon shut him up.

Totally agree with Dorset & Westbury, and I think we need to get rid of the blinkers and the small-minded attitude.

Yes, let's pat ourselves on the back for being 'proper fans', having season tickets and going away - but let's also welcome with open arms the newcomers and 'part timers', the more the merrier!

Archived