IGNORED

No Pride, No Passion, No Power

Percy Parrot

third time in one month that we have been TOTALLY outsung and embarrased at Ashton Gate. Southampton fans, admittedly, were superb and better than Swindle or Sheff Wed- but all three have given their own team home advantage on our own patch. All three sets of fans, no matter what the result have gone home proud to support their club, all three fans have made us look stupid, unpassionate and fickle, all three have emancipated themselves while we have sat there like lemons (no lads, not pancakes!).

As fans we can't always have the result go our way- but we CAN help the team, we CAN prove to everyone that we are passionate and we CAN declare our undying love for the club.

It makes football what it is. Atmosphere has been dying at AG for years it is now pretty much dead.

For what it's worth we were improved last night but even then only about 3 times did we make any significant noise- and even then it was disjointed and out of time with all stands singing out of time.

Some of this is down to the fans- walking out before the end when the team had fought so well against the 6th best team in the country! Come on! What do you want? blood?

But forgetting that- no matter how hard we try- this is going to happen time and time again until we get our singing area. Felt totally embarrased last night- not by the team, but by the lack of noise. Call ourselves loyal and passionate? Let's start showing it- not only at away games- but at home ones.

Something NEEDS to be done.

:Rage: :Costumed19:

Agree with your comments. I was in Block B of the Dolman last night.

The Carling Atyeo started a song and for once we were in time and sang it as well.

What confused me as that within a few seconds of the Dolman joining in, the Carling Atyeo stopped. We finally have a few hundred from different stands sining in unison and half of them stop.

I couldn't understand it; just for a brief moment; we were loud! :Costumed19:

Some of this is down to the fans- walking out before the end when the team had fought so well against the 6th best team in the country! Come on! What do you want? blood?

This I don't understand, the Dolman and GWR virtually half empty before 90 minutes is up most weeks. I have to drive 40 miles back home from every game but I still don't leave until the final whistle, whats the point in attending if you are going to miss what is usually a fairly exciting/tense part of a match?! Then the cheeky gits have the nerve to stop and watch whilst exiting if something happens (even when shuffling past people kind enough to stand up to let them through!)

Speak for yourself - Williams Blocks D and G were good last night

good for Williams blocks D & G maybe- but still absolutely NOTHING compared to the Southampton fans.

Why is there always this "yeah but what can we do about it" approach (this is not in response to you Willsbridge Red. Why be so defeatest. Nothing was ever achieved by sitting on your ar5e moaning about it. Get up and do something- in the short term sing! But let people know what you think and let's get this god damn singing section (pref in the East End) up and running!!!!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The ideas that have been banded about.

1) Give back part/all of the east end

2) Unreserve the Atyeo

3) Terrace Block A with small roof, or Terrace part/all of the east end

4)MOve band into centre of Atyeo

5) Make singing sections

Obviously the most likely are the options involving the Atyeo

i agree the atmosphere could be better but at leat we have a variety of songs. All thay manged was 'yellows' one 'weve got brett ormerod' and 'we shall not be moved' although I'm not quite sure what they did not want to be moved from!! :Party27:

and-

"when the Saints go marching in"

"same old Beattie always scoring"

"are you watching Pompey scum"

"we are Premier League, say we are Premier League"

"oh Southampton, oh S'ton FC, are by far the greatest team..."

as well as ones that hurt-

"my garden shed is bigger than this"

"worse than the Rovers, you're even worse than the Rovers"

and ones that REALLY hurt-

"shall we sing a song for you"

"you're supposed to be at home"

"poo ground, poo fans"

"cheerio cheerio cheerio"

The ideas that have been banded about.

2) Unreserve the Atyeo

5) Make singing sections

Obviously the most likely are the options involving the Atyeo

[PERCY SAYS]- THIS IS BEST IDEA.

2) Unreserve the Atyeo

[PERCY SAYS]- THAT WOULD DO A GREAT DEAL OF GOOD BUT MUST INCLUDE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.

[PERCY SAYS]- BLOCK A IS TINY- NO WHERE NEAR BIG ENOUGH-ONLY A COUPLE OF HUNDRED COULD GET IN THERE.

[PERCY SAYS]- WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH AND WOULD CONFUSE PEOPLE AS TO WHERE TO SIT- BUT TAKE THE POINT.

5) Make singing sections

[PERCY SAYS]- DONE- BUT THERE ARE TWO SECTIONS- BOTH SEPARATED BY 2 MASSIVE BITS OF METAL AND A GOOD NUMBER OF YARDS!!

Nothing was ever achieved by sitting on your ar5e moaning about it. Get up and do something- in the short term sing!

Agree totally there mate.

I'm in my second season of having a season ticket in the Atyeo G block, and since this one bloke - Joe i think his name is?- has been sat next to me, people in front and behind of me have sang alot more. If the atmosphere it lacking, he just starts a song off, and me, my mate, and the people behind us, join in, and usually it spreads to the band.

Block E of the Ateyo is the best bet IMO. Like I said in another thread, if the main singing section is in the middle then the noise will spread along the stand, and then hopefully spill into the other stands too. Right now where the band is they are in 1 corner and so the noise doesn't spread because the other end of the stand can't hear anything. If the people in H block and the band all moved over and joined up with the few singers already in E block then it would be much better I reckon.

Archived