IGNORED

City Fan Injured By Ball Hit Towards Him

Never to the dark side

Just got back, it happened as he was walking out, along the front of the family enclosure, wednesday player, from about 2 yards from edge of pitch hit the ball as hard as he could (and it sounded damn hard) into the crowd of fan........i hope to see some disiplinary action against the player, there was not need for it

I was rite next to this incedent and it was done on purpose for a fact and the bloke i think should be ok fingers crossed.

Obviously I'm sorry for the guy that got hit, but to suggest that the player did it on purpose is ridiculous. He was doing what every footballer in that situation would have done, making sure he cleared the ball as far as possible.

Obviously I'm sorry for the guy that got hit, but to suggest that the player did it on purpose is ridiculous. He was doing what every footballer in that situation would have done, making sure he cleared the ball as far as possible.

That's ridiculous he should have been more sensible and realised that fans were around, thus a tap-out would only be required.

He SHOULD get "done".

Also, what happened to our Injury-Time??? The ref was a complete arse and our performance left alot to be desired.

brunty cleared the ball?

if the fan isnt paying attention then I'm affraid thats him problem, Chris Brunt apologised straight afterwards - someone will say brunty aimed it at him next

There wouldnt have been half the trouble if the scoreline was reversed

don't be an idiot, a player would not try to deliberately hit a fan - especially when 4-1 up. players wack balls into the crowd that hard thousands of times each weekend, that fan was just very unlucky.

i think the reaction of the fans in the dolman was more worrying, the fact that they seemed more worried about getting to that player than they did about the fan is a great shame.

bad day all round, very poor performance, poor referee and a nasty incident and crowd reaction at the end. best forgotten and move on.

Guest bristolbred
if the fan isnt paying attention then I'm affraid thats him problem, Chris Brunt apologised straight afterwards - someone will say brunty aimed it at him next

Wrong, this fan say's that the overpaid prima donna sounds like his surname!!, :P

That's ridiculous he should have been more sensible and realised that fans were around, thus a tap-out would only be required.

He SHOULD get "done".

Also, what happened to our Injury-Time??? The ref was a complete arse and our performance left alot to be desired.

Listen to yourself. You really cant be that stupid

brunty cleared the ball?

Brunt was only yards from the touchline, and a crowd of City fans in front of him.

The power of that kick was devastating and straight.

If it went up into the stand, OK, but there was venom in that kick at the fans. What if it had hit a small child !!!!. Disciplinary action has to be enforced.

Guest Twin City with En Avant Guingamp

I am not saying that the player hit the ball at the fan on purpose but he is defianlty at fault. There was absoloutly no need to kick the ball out hard. In the old day without ball boys maybe, but when there is no gain by belting it into the crowd, it was just stupid.

brunty cleared the ball?

:@ :@ :@ :@ maybe you should have gone to realise how hard that ball was kicked....i was pretty far away and i honestly thought the ball had been wacked against the advertisment boards VERY hard for a few seconds, i would be shocked if anyone would have got out the way of a ball going 70+ mph from 2 feet!!!!!!!! (head in hands at that stage)..only realised that it actually hit someone a few secs later. i honestly don't believe that he someone could do that on purpose but was there any need to hit it out that hard?

Listen to yourself. You really cant be that stupid

Right, let me think...

Player has choice of:

A- tap ball into stand (No harm)

B - Blast ball into stand (cause harm) - OK, maybe un-intentionally picking that fan, but he still choose this option.

It's quite obvious what option he choose and for you to call me "stupid", it really does make me pitty you.

If you attend a football match you do so with the undoubtable knowlage there will be balls flying about.

So what if some guy got hit by a ball, it happens.

I got hit by a Peacock ball once and it gave me black nail, i fould it amusing and i felt special as if Leapy had picked me out expecially.

No action should be taken against the player, that is utterly stupid, just like the people who suggested this.

In fact, if this was in the USA the guy who got hit would be filing a law suit on the player and we would the all have to sit 40 yards from the touchline, would you prefer that?

• Admin
brunty cleared the ball?

What a load of b0ll0cks !! How could the player apologise when the fan was out cold !!

Yes Wednesday deserved the victory, but when you are so close to the touchline you DO NOT kick the ball out with that venom and that pace ! :@

Possible he was niggled from the sending off ??

What a load of b0ll0cks !! How could the player apologise when the fan was out cold !!

Yes Wednesday deserved the victory, but when you are so close to the touchline you DO NOT kick the ball out with that venom and that pace ! :@

actually the sending off offense was on paul heckingbottom

Right, let me think...

Player has choice of:

B - Blast ball into stand (cause harm)

It's quite obvious what option he choose and for you to call me "stupid", it really does make me pitty you.

Very stange options there my friend.

So Chris Brunt (who had already scored a great goal) thought to himself "I'm going to blast this ball to hit a fan" for what reason?

Right, let me think...

Player has choice of:

B - Blast ball into stand (cause harm)  - OK, maybe un-intentionally picking that fan, but he still choose this option.

Ever played a real game of football Matt?

No didnt think so, so how can you say whats best decision at the time, did he know who was around him, did he really give a toss about the crowd he just cleared the ball like 100% of all pro's do, who cares how hard.

So Matt, what is the Max speed a player can clear a ball then?

and how would you implement it?

These are questions you don't have answers for so you are pritty much chatting through your backside

Wasn't it Branston? Bald headed guy?

Calm down, calm down - he only kicked the ball out of play, Coles tried to hit a player into the crowd.

Hope the guy is ok but if it was only tapped it into the crowd the player would have got worse from his manager and remember Hill only a season or so ago - he would have been in court every week!

Owls2k, it's not sour grapes, I was sat not that far away from this & saw the little boy crying his eyes out because his Dad had been flattened!

In your eyes your players will have done you proud today, in ours, an absolute disgrace!

We had an total shocker today & fair play to you, you cashed in on it.

I can honestly say I've never seen reffing as poor & one sided as that ever - not you fault, grab it while it's there!

Hopefully not to much fallout after this, we all gotta forget it & move on!

Ever played a real game of football Matt?

No didnt think so, so how can you say whats best decision at the time, did he know who was around him, did he really give a toss about the crowd he just cleared the ball like 100% of all pro's do, who cares how hard.

So Matt, what is the Max speed a player can clear a ball then?

and how would you implement it?

These are questions you don't have answers for so you are pritty much chatting through your backside

Yes I have actually, strangely enough I played for the Forum Team against the Sheffield equivalent(Top bunch of lads, I must add)

I am not stating maximums/minimums, all I am saying is that he should of thought about it before deciding to use such force to hit the ball.

"how would I implement it??" - I think common sense is the key to that one.

I'm not out for a battle, I'm merely stating my opinion - isn't that what a forum is for??

Owls2k, it's not sour grapes, I was sat not that far away from this & saw the little boy crying his eyes out because his Dad had been flattened!

In your eyes your players will have done you proud today, in ours, an absolute disgrace!

We had an total shocker today & fair play to you, you cashed in on it.

I can honestly say I've never seen reffing as poor & one sided as that ever - not you fault, grab it while it's there!

Hopefully not to much fallout after this, we all gotta forget it & move on!

I'm much more concerned with the guy who took a hell of a whack on his temple.

• Admin

From where I was sat it looked to be No. 3 Paul Heckingbottom, but in MY opinion he must have realised if you kick the ball at that pace at that height you are going to possibly strike someone..

The person was on the ground for a good 5-10 minutes lets just hope they are OK

"If you attend a football match you do so with the undoubtable knowlage there will be balls flying about.

So what if some guy got hit by a ball, it happens."

Sorry but that is nonsense, you don't go to football thinking oh well may get knocked out by the ball today.. it happens.

Oh well, well done Wednesday we were poor on to the tax dodgers ...

Archived