IGNORED

Rosenoir Hearing Postponed

Port Said Red

I see that the hearing has been postponed to allow time to get papers together.

We discussed the apparently amateurish organisation at City the other day and focussed on the marketing department, but if we miss out on money for Liam because of an administrative error (i.e. we didn't post a letter in time, or courier it like a professional outfit would) surely heads should roll.

I know I am jumping the gun and pre-empting the hearing, but reading between the lines I don't think we are going to get a penny because of an avoidable technicality.

A true story of the postman who took the Royal Mail to an Employment Tribunal because they tried to relinquish his contract 4 days after they should have done.

He claimed that after two years continuous service they could not terminate the contract as he received the letter four days late.

The Royal Mails defence was that they sent the letter terminating the contract by registered post.

The postmans solicitor asked the Royal Mail just who is the UK was responsible for delivering Mail on time......

Case won for the postman and £6,000 compensation.

A true story of the postman who took the Royal Mail to an Employment Tribunal because they tried to relinquish his contract 4 days after they should have done.

He claimed that after two years continuous service they could not terminate the contract as he received the letter four days late.

The Royal Mails defence was that they sent the letter terminating the contract by registered post.

The postmans solicitor asked the Royal Mail just who is the UK was responsible for delivering Mail on time......

Case won for the postman and £6,000 compensation.

It's funny you should say that...

[amateur law]

I'm retaking a computing & law course in Uni, and I've heard of a statute that dictates that whenever a contract (or to be more precise an offer) of any kind is made through the post, the contract is solidified as soon as the letter of acceptance is posted, not when the person who made the offer recieves the acceptance.

Where that leaves Rosenior is anyone's guess, but I'd imagine that City's intent to keep RosenEeyore on should take some sort of precedence (or at least BE NOTED), regardless of any sort of cr@ppy deadline. Any rate, did Liam post/submit any sort of correspondance back to City refusing any offer (i.e. for grounds OTHER than the deadline?)

Not sure that can be true. How can a contract that is posted be so, the Royal Mail lose about 5% of mail allegedly.

His termination of contract was posted by registered mail but was I believe posted a day or two late (however I do not know the full facts) but he or his wife received and signed for the letter 4 days after the 2 year period.

Not sure that can be true. How can a contract that is posted be so, the Royal Mail lose about 5% of mail allegedly.

His termination of contract was posted by registered mail but was I believe posted a day or two late (however I do not know the full facts) but he or his wife  received and signed for the letter 4 days after the 2 year period.

sounds like the royal mail just stinks! :(

Archived