IGNORED

Legendary City Fans

Wurzel City

I believe he did and I did hear a story that he was in court and standing in the dock his name was read out,Neil Down and he did :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know him but I heard that story as well, except he wanted to tell the judge to "Neil Down" when he was asked his name.

Part of the same story was, he was had up for kicking the wotsit out of a Luton fan, and tried to explain it away in court by saying he'd accidentally tripped over the poor fella - several times.

Or maybe that was someone else, we're talking 30 years ago.

I don't know him but I heard that story as well, except he wanted to tell the judge to "Neil Down" when he was asked his name.

Part of the same story was, he was had up for kicking the wotsit out of a Luton fan, and tried to explain it away in court by saying he'd accidentally tripped over the poor fella - several times.

Or maybe that was someone else, we're talking 30 years ago.

Not sure if this is true but many moons ago when City played Derby away Neil W took a bit of a kickin and on the way back through the town after kidnapped one of the local fans into the back of his mini bus, made him undress and made him get out in Gloucseter with no clothes on!!!! Mental

Anyone agreeing with this little list -

Tony Harling

Beanie

Stoney Garnett

:city:

Tribute to a bunch of lads from the jolly cobbler kingswood who were east bristols only city boozer.The lads use to go to loads of away matches in a crappy van they named TIPSY TOURS.

Was quality and if couldnt have a row with the home fans would usually have a go with each other.

The van never let them down and all must go down as ledgendnary city fans :w00t:

Not sure if this is true but many moons ago when City played Derby away Neil W took a bit of a kickin and on the way back through the town after kidnapped one of the local fans into the back of his mini bus, made him undress and made him get out in Gloucseter with no clothes on!!!! Mental

ah good old tipsy tours, early beer at the cobbler then 20 odd blokes usually in a 14 seater off to the game. arrive either 5 hrs early or half way through the game, get home usually early next day minus 1 or 2 from the journey up. bring back tipsys :):)

ah good old tipsy tours, early beer at the cobbler then 20 odd blokes usually in a 14 seater off to the game. arrive either 5 hrs early or half way through the game, get home usually early next day minus 1 or 2 from the journey up. bring back tipsys :):)

Dreamy days staplehillred, if i remember rightly more than 5 didnt come back from one game and remember southend away. What a nobble :doh:

Dreamy days staplehillred, if i remember rightly more than 5 didnt come back from one game and remember southend away. What a nobble :doh:

to many great times to remember, notts county back at 6am next morning girlfriend (now wife) not best pleased, be nice to hear from any other boys who went on tipsy tours. what about stopping back in swindon after watford game? good days :doh:

Neil was on the City books (if I'm right) got beat up badly, by bouncers at the lacarno. head went after this. Remember going to some away match in a transit, and stopping on the hard shoulder for him to get some dinner, Worms!!

Yes I can remember Neil he also played for the Bristol boys and I believe he was on the books of City at one time. Although after the beating he took at the night club he was affected badly. The last time that I saw him was about 10 years ago in opposition to me at Dundridge Farm. He was playing and although he had put on some weight he did ok.Sad really he really was a good player, before the incident with a nice personality once you got to know him.If your about Neil all the best.

Mid to late 70's, 'Paul Brown, City' was everywhere around the City centre for years and no new hoarding was safe.

Common enough name, i've known 2 of them but neither admitted to it, in fact one was a gashead.

I know about this Brown guy. He once admitted that he was really a WELSHMAN!

Winnie is definately a top bloke. They scum bouncers have a lot to answer for. For the record, i was playing football with him until about 9 years ago (soundwell victoria). I also worked with him, not often, but he then just disappeared. Where are you to winnie?

If anyone on here used to frequent Taffs coaches back in the old 1st division days. His ex-girlfriend is now paying a visit to the subbers website. Pamela McCloed, anyone remember?

Ah, the Jolly Cobbler in Kingswood, many a happy day & night spent there in a drunken haze.

I remember one excursion to Scumhampton and on the mini bus we had a barrell of cider and clearly remember Gannet dunking his sarnies in the cider for extra flavour. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

gannet, neighbour of mine, shot to bits, great lad though. still see him now and again.

Winnie is definately a top bloke. They scum bouncers have a lot to answer for. For the record, i was playing football with him until about 9 years ago (soundwell victoria). I also worked with him, not often, but he then just disappeared. Where are you to winnie?

If anyone on here used to frequent Taffs coaches back in the old 1st division days. His ex-girlfriend is now paying a visit to the subbers website. Pamela McCloed, anyone remember?

winnie still about, plays darts for the royal archer kingswood, cycles everywhere. worked for the post office but think he got sacked, eating the letters or something? only joking if you read this neil!

Thinking back to another incident from the early 70s. City were away to Cardiff and the local mob attacked the player's bus! Keith Fear stated afterwards he had never been so scared in his life. The East End mob then arrived, saw what was hapening and ran to the rescue of the City players. Alan Dicks later claimed "The fans are the heroes and were our saviours today".

I was stuck in work that day :@ , but do any posters of this forum claim to have been there that day and able to tell us more details please?

That season , a bloke from Keynsham used to run a "pirate" coach to most away games, the ones that stick out were Brighton , B'pool, Carlisle & Pompey (stopped in a pub near Warminster and nicked a lancers helmet)

Ah great days, we wuz only young!

that bloke from keynsham who ran the coach is my dad ..

posts on here too :shifty:

he still got the lancers helmet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jack shephard, chris jones & and terry coombes also went on those coach trips

all good blokes.

jack shephard is a legend :):):)

that bloke from keynsham who ran the coach is my dad ..

posts on here too :shifty:

he still got the lancers helmet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jack shephard, chris jones & and terry coombes also went on those coach trips

both good blokes.

jack shephard is a legend :):):)

We used ta always go on that coach with ole Jack Shephard an yer right Cider Head ole

Jack was a legend! He taught you how ta swear The coach was alway`s full with fans an tons of booze! We remember

the day when we beat the great leeds team in the FA Cup at Elland Road in 1974, we landed

up in a bar after the match, ole jack went ta the bar an ordered 3 pints an when he went ta

pay the barmaid said "Oh no sir, you don`t pay in yer"....."Don`t pay" said ole Jack, " you

better give us 3 double whiskeys with they 3 pints then, an line um up again!" :laugh:

We landed up in the Leeds presidents club! Also in thur was the late Bill Shankley, we ad ta

play Liverpool in the next round. Jack Shouted across to him "Hey Shanks, our boys are

going to ######ing murder your lot in the next round!" Shanks looked at ole Jack with a big smile

on His face! But the Vice Presidents politely ask us ta leave.....They did let us finish our free

drinks first :laugh: Great days and yeah ole Jack Shephard is a real City legend!

Anyone remember Taffy that used to run coaches to the away games? Some knew his as Taff, came from Lawrence Weston area.

Legend! :englandsmile4wf:

yep the picture below was emailed to tom who then passed it on to the subbers forum..

IPB Image

to many great times to remember, notts county back at 6am next morning girlfriend (now wife) not best pleased, be nice to hear from any other boys who went on tipsy tours. what about stopping back in swindon after watford game? good days :doh:

I was a regular with Tipsy Tours. I well remember that Notts County match. We had a full van leaving from The Shant at Kingswood. Then, a car load arrived. None of em wanted to drive. So they all piled into the van. Just the 18 of us in there I believe! :whistle: Crazy night out in Nottingham after the match. Arrived home in broad daylight the next morning. There was another match on New Years Day when the van broke down just outside Rochdale as we were returning from Huddersfield, I think. Everyone went their separate ways to try to somehow get home. Half a dozen of us ended up sleeping in Sandbach services overnight. Four of us got a lift to the services from a guy who claimed to be SAS. He actually had a gun underneath a blanket upon the back seat of the car. We eventually got back to Bristol almost 24 hours after the game ended. Great times. :)

There's a guy who sits in the Dolman block F, I reckon around seat 3 of row R or maybe Q/P. He always comes in late to matches, dresses quite classily and has silvery hair. He looks around 50ish (but then again I'm rubbish at guessing people's ages).

Anyone know who he is? He's a legend in my eyes!

I think you will find thats me mate !

thats my seat, gutted you got my age right, was hoping I looked younger

make yourself known to me when you see me come in next mate.

I was a regular with Tipsy Tours. I well remember that Notts County match. We had a full van leaving from The Shant at Kingswood. Then, a car load arrived. None of em wanted to drive. So they all piled into the van. Just the 18 of us in there I believe! :whistle: Crazy night out in Nottingham after the match. Arrived home in broad daylight the next morning. There was another match on New Years Day when the van broke down just outside Rochdale as we were returning from Huddersfield, I think. Everyone went their separate ways to try to somehow get home. Half a dozen of us ended up sleeping in Sandbach services overnight. Four of us got a lift to the services from a guy who claimed to be SAS. He actually had a gun underneath a blanket upon the back seat of the car. We eventually got back to Bristol almost 24 hours after the game ended. Great times. :)

Tipsty tours Swansea away when Super Bobby Taylor got all those goals. Got pulled in on the way home, police seaching for drugs i think, but none of these lads were into that , just ROUGH CIDER, awful stuff. Think we took about 6 gallons of the stomach rot, and of course the plastic containers came in very handy. What with the smell of cider, kebabs, fags and wind, the police asked us all off to search the van.We politley agreed, only to fall about with laughter as the 1st officer went to climb on board before screaming somethink like "YER AVING A LAUGH SARGE!!!!. It stunk and they wished us a pleasent journey home.

Wonderful memories :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BrianRed who in the f,,,k would own up to that??? Looks like a load of bay city rollers fans.I bet a few on this forum reconize sumone. Come on names please

Most of them are from shirehampton and area, Alf by himself on left comes from Yate. I think the one with the messy keegan style is female (i think) looking at the rest not sure, is the x girl of Taff who hired the coaches, Pam. But your right Arny, who would own up?

Archived