IGNORED

Legendary City Fans

Wurzel City

>THE ONE AND ONLY "ANGUS NUTT", NOW THAT IS A LEGEND

There is a superb interview with Angus Nutt in the Cass Pennant/Martin King book 'Terrace Legends'.

Try and grab a copy from Waterstones or if anyone would like me to transribe, let me know!

:-)

One Team

That must b seriously good reading one team I'm off to get mine. U read it mate, any other city legends mentioned :dunno:

That must b seriously good reading one team I'm off to get mine. U read it mate, any other city legends mentioned :dunno:

There is a new 2 part book out called Hooligans A-L & L-Z.

The first one has a good chapter on City and puts right some of the nonsense that was written in the "Soul Crew" & BBC books, a good read with some comments from Hogger etc.

Dunno if anyone knows this guy: At the autoglass or whatever it was then, at Wembley, Vs Sjoke Sh1tty, was sat next to this huge mutha from Yeovil way I think. He spent the entire game wi oneliners about anybody or thing which attracted his ire..............he'd been a City fan for year, and Christ my sides ached after all the oneliners.....said he remembered the good ole days. :laugh:

anyone know him?

How about a poll for the legend of legends?

Vote Bean :city:

YEP i'll 2nd that :)

There is a new 2 part book out called Hooligans A-L & L-Z.

The first one has a good chapter on City and puts right some of the nonsense that was written in the "Soul Crew" & BBC books, a good read with some comments from Hogger etc.

yeah that is a good book.

also for the oldies there is colin wards 'steaming in' with a nice account of

arsenal getting a right kicking in the eastend as told by arsenal fans.

Evening all, I think the large gentleman with the beret was called Doobie, 6' 3" 22 stone.

Not too sure if it'd the same bloke but It sounds like "Dobbin", who used to come from Winterbourne and hang around with "Half Pint" and "Chuckles".

Good lads and always handy to have around at away games....

just showed these pics to my daughter with hushed "I was there" tones and misty eyes. Great days (and nights)

Rev i was at both stood to the left hand side of the east end shot v liverpool and somewhere up the front with that lot on the pitch v walsall.

Walsall was great but in that east end was magical, jammed in like sardines atmosphere amazing.

39,000 if i remember rightly.

Me 2 me ald mate with misty eyes, what i,d give for a bit of that again

Rev i was at both stood to the left hand side of the east end shot v liverpool and somewhere up the front with that lot on the pitch v walsall.

Walsall was great but in that east end was magical, jammed in like sardines atmosphere amazing.

39,000 if i remember rightly.

Me 2 me ald mate with misty eyes, what i,d give for a bit of that again

I was right in the middle behind goal against liverpool, chanting coventry here we come, and we did. On the pitch against walsall but cant reconise myself :blink:

Evening all, I think the large gentleman with the beret was called Doobie, 6' 3" 22 stone.

The beret was surgically removed some years ago with thankfully no side affects, apart from causing a slimming effect and an interest in ladies.

Top banana, still around BS3.

doobs can still be found in watering holes at the top of west street or down the waterdront sniffing around the ginger ladies. topman but some of his jokes? :doh:

Great days Brian never to be seen again my friend I'm afraid :(

I agree. When we get fans on the forum who talk about the "glory days" of '98 and promotion, I remind myself of promotion in 1976 and the rollercoaster season that followed, of Chris Garland's return to City and the goals he scored against Leeds Utd and Liverpool in crucial wins at Ashton Gate, and of the game at Coventry when City were all but relagated, but thanks to Gerry Gow, Donnie Gillies and some skullduggery (alleged) by Jimmy Hill regarding kick off..... well, you know the rest.

Hopefully there will be some City fans now at school who will one day look back on this or next season as THE season when legends were created on and off the field (well, here's hoping)

I agree. When we get fans on the forum who talk about the "glory days" of '98 and promotion, I remind myself of promotion in 1976 and the rollercoaster season that followed, of Chris Garland's return to City and the goals he scored against Leeds Utd and Liverpool in crucial wins at Ashton Gate, and of the game at Coventry when City were all but relagated, but thanks to Gerry Gow, Donnie Gillies and some skullduggery (alleged) by Jimmy Hill regarding kick off..... well, you know the rest.

Hopefully there will be some City fans now at school who will one day look back on this or next season as THE season when legends were created on and off the field (well, here's hoping)

But are we ever going to get that atmosphere back? was at Wembley for the bolton game, singing from the start. Then the last game against brighton at millenium stadium quiet from the start. are we losing that excitement since the East End closed! The ateyo is second rate!

But are we ever going to get that atmosphere back? was at Wembley for the bolton game, singing from the start. Then the last game against brighton at millenium stadium quiet from the start. are we losing that excitement since the East End closed! The ateyo is second rate!

Having attended matches at Ashton Gate for over 30 years I think that the atmosphere is worse than at any time I can remember. We need a safe standing area, under cover, where noise is generated and from where the rest of the stadium can take their lead in singing and making noise.

Having attended matches at Ashton Gate for over 30 years I think that the atmosphere is worse than at any time I can remember. We need a safe standing area, under cover, where noise is generated and from where the rest of the stadium can take their lead in singing and making noise.

Couldnt agree more rev, it is awful now and when we use to stand in that east end it was awsome

Archived