IGNORED

M Stewart

shandyhead

If you ask me Johnson gave Stewart a decent run out today following all the speculation in the press this week, and to try and get the section of fans calling for him to be on the pitch and not warming the bench back onside.

Stewart had half a chance today, but there was no power behind it, he had his chance to prove his worth today and sadly (not all due down to his own fault) didnt do that.

The first couple of games bas played, we all thought he was a joke, even when playing wth a better midfeld. So how can we judge stewart when he hasnt had 1 fall game with a performing midfeild.

Didnt stewart make and create a few chances? what did bas do?

I'm not saying stewart is the answer, we need a goalscorer. But i still think he should be giving a proper run out.

He was awfull for all the 40mins and why on earth did he get that round of applause and cheers when he came on?

i agree with you and i just wish he had moved on in January and we used his wages for good use as it is probably better for both parties but he didn't. Oh and if you don't rate him anymore you might want to change your avatar. :laugh:

He was awfull for all the 40mins and why on earth did he get that round of applause and cheers when he came on?

Alex he was far far better than Bas , problem is he really wants to show his best but i think his emotions get the better of him.

In a settled, mid, or top team, you will see what he,s all about, but in a dire team with relagation in thier facse mate, he,s up against it,

The blunt truth of it is neither player is going to be of any significant use to this club. we need another Brooks, or similar, and most of all we need two or three DECENT midfielders who can either score themselves or get Brooker in.

Stewart is an experienced player, but he completely lacks leadership, which makes him no use to us in our current predicament.

Baz, hes big, hes awkward, and he'll never score goals as long as he has a hole in his @ass!! Equally useless to us in our current predicament!

The first couple of games bas played, we all thought he was a joke, even when playing wth a better midfeld. So how can we judge stewart when he hasnt had 1 fall game with a performing midfeild.

Didnt stewart make and create a few chances? what did bas do?

I'm not saying stewart is the answer, we need a goalscorer. But i still think he should be giving a proper run out.

We had a midfield today? I didnt notice. :dunno:

I didnt think he was that bad. He had some good touch's at time, good running off the ball, created a couple of chances. May i ask why he shouldnt get a big round of applause he is a city player and you give all city player a clap and cheer when you they on. Is it your not keen on him, if so i would change your advatar picture.

I didnt think he was that bad. He had some good touch's at time, good running off the ball, created a couple of chances. May i ask why he shouldnt get a big round of applause he is a city player and you give all city player a clap and cheer when you they on. Is it your not keen on him, if so i would change your advatar picture.

Spot on, yet Alex is a top bloke. Just down in the dumps me thinks

I'd like to see Stewart start a couple of games when we play with real wingers before we write him off. He's had about 90 minutes of first team football spread out over the last 2 months.

His game was not helped by Johnson switching to 433 and playing him behind the other two, and leaving us totally without width or any service other than hoof. Despite this Stewart managed to have a better effort on goal than anyone else in the team and I think our only two on target? The only player who threatened to score.

He did give the ball away a couple of times, seemed to me to be needing to settle in, but at least he was actually trying to play the ball forward into dangerous areas, succeeding once when he set Brooker away only for the obvious through ball to Andrews to be missed.

Nibor

I think people are too quick to judge Stewart. Funnily, these seem to be the same people who think we need to give Johnson a few seasons to prove himself!

There are two problems with Stewart.

1. We don't play his sort of game and therefore he is always going to struggle for service.

2. We don't give him long enough on the pitch to adapt to the way we play - he needs a run of starts.

Stewart is/was a proven striker and, in the right team, will still score goals. You only have to look at how well Bridges (a similar style player) is doing at Carlisle.

Unfortunately, the way Johnson likes his teams to play doesn't suit Stewart's game and I fear he'll be the next out of the door. That's our loss not his, as was Bridges, Heffernan and Miller before him.

If I was Johnson, I would be building my side around Stewart instead of expecting him to conform.

Both Stewart and Wilkshire are lacking match fitness. I would like to see both players having the opportunity to play a couple of full matches after which we might see a great difference in the players and the team. Our performancs at Griffin Park was excellent and both players were involved.

when stewart came on he was told to play just in front of the midfield... to try and add some creativity to the strikers..... thats not his position to be honest.... as he's too deep... and he's the sort of player that should be up feeding off brooker.... and to be fair to marcus he had 2 or 3 shots ON goal.... which is 2 or 3 more than bas has had in all his games..( excluding his what would seem lucky goal as its hardly opened the flood gates....) its pointless playin someone of bas's height if he cant out jump someone to head the ball... specially if the rest of the team continues to plum high balls up to him...... plus for a big guy he don't half go down easy.... the refs are wise to it after the first time...

as for wilkshire... i think in the first half he was one of our bettr players... he was lookin to play the ball forward all the times and not just hoofed in the air... which is why he is our most creative midfielder and i agree that his play did fade... which i think you can put down to match fitness...

I think people are too quick to judge Stewart. Funnily, these seem to be the same people who think we need to give Johnson a few seasons to prove himself!

There are two problems with Stewart.

1. We don't play his sort of game and therefore he is always going to struggle for service.

2. We don't give him long enough on the pitch to adapt to the way we play - he needs a run of starts.

Stewart is/was a proven striker and, in the right team, will still score goals. You only have to look at how well Bridges (a similar style player) is doing at Carlisle.

Unfortunately, the way Johnson likes his teams to play doesn't suit Stewart's game and I fear he'll be the next out of the door. That's our loss not his, as was Bridges, Heffernan and Miller before him.

If I was Johnson, I would be building my side around Stewart instead of expecting him to conform.

How can you build a team around an old man who has 1 season left on his contract?. The sort of player we should be building around are Heywood, Noble and Brooker.

BCAGFC

How can you build a team around an old man who has 1 season left on his contract?. The sort of player we should be building around are Heywood, Noble and Brooker.

BCAGFC

i agree. brooker may go in the summer, even if we stay up, but nobel and our defence provide me with a small amount of light at the end of the tunnel! we need a younger midfield partner then russel for nobel (one who is willing to do the dirty work for 90+ minuites) and a dynamic left footed left winger. the forward debate is tricky, as i can't really see any of the present bunch being at the city for any longer than another season at most, due to various reasons.

BCAGFC

Perhaps 'build a team' was too strong a term. Perhaps I meant we should be playing to his strengths.

We depend too much on wide play and crosses to create our chances - we don't currently have anyobody that can consistently provide quality crosses. Stewart does not score his goals from crosses.

We should be more penetrating through midfield and give Stewart more of what he thrives on and that is passes to feet. To do that we need creative, attacking midfielders and the only players we have in that mould is Wilkshire and, possibly, Noble.

Perhaps 'build a team' was too strong a term. Perhaps I meant we should be playing to his strengths.

We depend too much on wide play and crosses to create our chances - we don't currently have anyobody that can consistently provide quality crosses. Stewart does not score his goals from crosses.

We should be more penetrating through midfield and give Stewart more of what he thrives on and that is passes to feet. To do that we need creative, attacking midfielders and the only players we have in that mould is Wilkshire and, possibly, Noble.

Play to Stewart's strengths - well at least something has made me smile this weekend.He is slow, looks out of condition and melted in to obscurity within about 5 minutes of coming on.You would expect the bloke to be champing at the bit and really injecting some desire in to the team.He is not the player he was, will not get goals on a plate but should if he had anything left be able to show something against Division 1 defences.It was a mistake to sign him and a costly one at that.

Archived