IGNORED

Fee For Fontaine

shandyhead

easy to say sign a contract with fulham and join us on loan, but that is down to Fulham then, they might not want him to come back to us?

I suspect that they saw how well he performed for us last season, and might feel that either he is ready to get some first team experience with them, or more likely that having Liam spend another season at League 1 isn't of much benefit to him and think that maybe he should spend some time playing championship football?

either way, I would be very suprised if we see him again in a city shirt

Lets just pay the fee, or renegotiate Rosiniors sell on clause? :blink:

He going to be crucial to next season, Carey & Fontaine looked awsome at the back, best pairing i've seen for a while at City, with Heywood fit again we should be covered at the back.

No questions, we have to sign Fontaine!

easy to say sign a contract with fulham and join us on loan, but that is down to Fulham then, they might not want him to come back to us?

I suspect that they saw how well he performed for us last season, and might feel that either he is ready to get some first team experience with them, or more likely that having Liam spend another season at League 1 isn't of much benefit to him and think that maybe he should spend some time playing championship football?

either way, I would be very suprised if we see him again in a city shirt

Yeh fair point I'm just assuming fortaine would still like to play for city, i doubt he will be in the 1st team so he may aswell stay here, i would think anyway

I think he'll sign for us to gain first team football and the chance of promotion. IFwe get promoted, then our gates won't be that far off Fulhams.

Not sure what wages they are offering but I would imagine if he has a family, this could be a factor in signing.

MM

Fontaine is good, however we already have a similar player under contract.

Keogh.

They both turn 20 this year, similar weight and height, and imo, similar ability. Keogh has been very very patient and deserves his chance. We have Carey, Heywood, Keogh plus Skuse and Wilson who can play centre back, thats 5 options for 2 spots. Even saying Wilson at 6ft 3ins is too young, thats still 4 options for 2 positions.

Fontaine's girlfriend, new baby and family are in London and they may want him to stay in London. Wives and girlfriends have more say in these decisions than many of you think. It happened with Hayter, his wifes family and their kids were settled and they did'ent want to move. I just think GJ wants an extra player he knows and trusts.

The offer of a contract has more to do with demanding a fee than wanting Fontaine in their first team.

There are a few possible scenarios.

1.Fulham accept around £50k with clauses.

2.He signs for Fulham and joins us on a season long loan.

3.He rejects Fulhams offer, signs for us and the clubs negotiate a fee.

4.If the clubs can't agree a tribunal, which almost always comes down in favour of the buying club, sets the fee and the deal.

I think he'll be here next season unless LF makes silly demands.

Lets just pay the fee, or renegotiate Rosiniors sell on clause? :blink:

He going to be crucial to next season, Carey & Fontaine looked awsome at the back, best pairing i've seen for a while at City, with Heywood fit again we should be covered at the back.

No questions, we have to sign Fontaine!

NO CHANCE of messing around with Liam's sell on clause, he is doing very well there and give him a few seasons is going to be in with a shout for the england squad, he could be looking at a big transfer before long, not sure how much the sell on percentage is, but if he goes for say £4m and we get 10% we are laughing, not worth risking that case for Fontaine

The key thing in all this is, how much fulham want to keep him, have they offered him a good contract because he looks a good prospect for the future, or have they offered a small contract just so they get a fee out of us.

personally I think he will be offered a good contract, because he looks good enough to play at that level given time, trying to be unbiased I think he will take the deal he is offered there because I think he believes he stands a chance of making their team before long,

agree with the other comments though, Keogh looks a great propect, between him, carey and heywood for next season I think we are ok

NO CHANCE of messing around with Liam's sell on clause, he is doing very well there and give him a few seasons is going to be in with a shout for the england squad, he could be looking at a big transfer before long, not sure how much the sell on percentage is, but if he goes for say £4m and we get 10% we are laughing, not worth risking that case for Fontaine

The key thing in all this is, how much fulham want to keep him, have they offered him a good contract because he looks a good prospect for the future, or have they offered a small contract just so they get a fee out of us.

personally I think he will be offered a good contract, because he looks good enough to play at that level given time, trying to be unbiased I think he will take the deal he is offered there because I think he believes he stands a chance of making their team before long,

agree with the other comments though, Keogh looks a great propect, between him, carey and heywood for next season I think we are ok

We need at least four central defenders and if we can sign LF then Heywood, Carey & Keogh will make up that four.

In fairness, it's all about how much LF want's to play first team football and he'll currently have a far better chance of that with City, especially as he can also play LB and we've only got CW for that position at present.

Archived