IGNORED

City Fans In Belfast

somered

If any of the City fans who were at the cricket (Ireland v Somerset) on Sunday are reading this I would just like to say thanks for such a great laugh , what with both Somerset and England winning you can rest assured that the Guinness and Harp were flowing on Sunday Night!!

P.S.

The Irish now know the words to all the City songs (my old man said be a Rovers fan..... etc!!). :farmer::farmer::farmer:

If any of the City fans who were at the cricket (Ireland v Somerset) on Sunday are reading this I would just like to say thanks for such a great laugh , what with both Somerset and England winning you can rest assured that the Guinness and Harp were flowing on Sunday Night!!

P.S.

The Irish now know the words to all the City songs (my old man said be a Rovers fan..... etc!!). :farmer::farmer::farmer:

somerset pikeys!

somerset la la la

somerset = bristol city, cider, west country.

glos= :laugh: gassssss

Somerset= Bristol City, Thatchers, Sheppys, Massive Attack, Jeol Garner, Vic Marks, Viv Richards & Ian Botham.

Gloucestershire = Geoffrey Archer & them!

Glos isn't necessarily the SCUM. I'm a Glos fan, going to watch them hopefully beat Wos tonight!

Don't do it, there is still time to choose the right righteous path in life.

Somerset= Bristol City, Thatchers, Sheppys, Massive Attack, Jeol Garner, Vic Marks, Viv Richards & Ian Botham.

Gloucestershire = Geoffrey Archer & them!

Don't do it, there is still time to choose the right righteous path in life.

Jeffrey Archer is from Weston.

Glos= the OTHER team in Bristol

Bristol City= Bristol

Gloucestershire= Bristol

Somerset= Some place 50+ miles away.

Easy really. :city:

Bedminster & Brislington were formerly in Somerset along with founder members of this club.

The Avon used to be the dividing line between Counties.Whitchurch shares it's phone code with areas in Somerset.What in comparison has Kingswood to do with Bristol? Nothing it is in Gloucestershire!

All a bit of fun but Somerset really is the cricket club for City fans because the only time you see Gas shirts at a Somerset game is against Gloucester.

I was only gently p*sstaking!

However, if you told all City fans from Glos to hop-it, I think City attendances could be near sag levels.

I hate all this Somerset apartheid bullsh*t.

There are loads of City in Dursley, and other areas, as well as die hards in Gloucester and The Forest. Cricket does not really come into it, as that is only an excuse for a p*ss-up!

However, if you told all City fans from Glos to hop-it, I think City attendances could be near sag levels.

There are loads of City in Dursley, and other areas, as well as die hards in Gloucester and The Forest. Cricket does not really come into it, as that is only an excuse for a p*ss-up!

Being from Kingswood (25years):chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez: and now living in Glos :englandsmile4wf::city: where does that leave me :( please don't ban me from games :( I like watching City they`re funny :laugh::farmer:

Bristol City= Bristol

Gloucestershire= Bristol

Somerset= Some place 50+ miles away.

Easy really. :city:

Why do i keep hearing goodnight irena, or how ever you spell her name when i have watched Somerset in gas land?Talk about easy 117 runs come to mind. :englandsmile4wf:

I only started this thread to thank the City / Somerset lads who were at the game in Belfast for a good laugh, Somerset / Goucester never came into it, but on the other hand.... the 20/20 Cup match was pretty good!!! :me?::me?:

Why do i keep hearing goodnight irena, or how ever you spell her name when i have watched Somerset in gas land?

I bought my son a Glos. membership this season because he wanted to see some cricket. He's just rushed off on the bus to see tonight's match straight from school.

If he hears that diabolical dirge at the County Ground i imagine it'll be his last match.

He'll likely be chucked out in a raging fury. :ranting::city:

• Admin

I bought my son a Glos. membership this season because he wanted to see some cricket. He's just rushed off on the bus to see tonight's match straight from school.

If he hears that diabolical dirge at the County Ground i imagine it'll be his last match.

He'll likely be chucked out in a raging fury. :ranting::city:

Sending your son across the water - shame on you. The social services should be told................. :o

Sending your son across the water - shame on you. The social services should be told................. :o

He's not bothered, he can watch professional cricket locally and get there on the bus in 15 minutes.

Can't really say the same of Taunton.

Mind you his favourite player by a mile is Trescothick, so if he ever hears just one sickening rendition of that foul 'Irene' in support of Glos. i've no doubt he'd storm out and quite happily switch allegiance to Somerset.

Some things cannot be stomached. :vomit2:

He's not bothered, he can watch professional cricket locally and get there on the bus in 15 minutes.

Can't really say the same of Taunton.

Mind you his favourite player by a mile is Trescothick, so if he ever hears just one sickening rendition of that foul 'Irene' in support of Glos. i've no doubt he'd storm out and quite happily switch allegiance to Somerset.

Some things cannot be stomached. :vomit2:

somerset used to play at kingswood.

we should start a campaign for their return. There is also the bath festival.

As for the somerset/glos thing, cricket is cricket, to be enjoyed where ever.

I only started this thread to thank the City / Somerset lads who were at the game in Belfast for a good laugh, Somerset / Goucester never came into it, but on the other hand.... the 20/20 Cup match was pretty good!!! :me?::me?:

Good day was had by all, great pavilion, lovely food and pretty young waitress's supplying the cider, one eye on the cricket, the other on the football.........lovely jubbly!!!! :w00t:

somerset used to play at kingswood.

we should start a campaign for their return. There is also the bath festival.

As for the somerset/glos thing, cricket is cricket, to be enjoyed where ever.

hang on it wasnt kingswood, it was er...

hang on it wasnt kingswood, it was er...

imperial tobacco ground south bristol

they have also played at weston.

:vomit2:

You'll be buying a Somerset membership for the boy next year then!!??

:farmer:

• Admin

Glos play in bristol

somerset play in Taunton

I'm a bristolian, End of story.

Somerset used to tour around during the summer, playing at Clarence park in Weston,

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/11/832.html

The Imperial ground, Bristol http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/11/355.html

Ironmould Lane, Bristol http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/11/356.html

amongst others.

Somerset have a very tangible link to South Bristol, rather than the team from Glos. who don't play there.

But, as a City & County, why hasn't Bristol got a county team?

Archived