IGNORED

Good Morning From Riga

Busterrimes

We arrived here in Riga yesterday afternoon and headed off to our accomodation which is nice and central. In the Old Town of Riga beers are anything up to £1.50 per pint. I recommend the local beer Alderis.

Skonto were at home to Metalurg last night so we headed off to the Skonto stadium and paid £1.50 to get in. Beer in the ground is £1.20 per pint and it is a tidy little stadium with a main stand (where we sat) and a curved stand which begins behind the goal and continues down the opposite side. The crowd was around 400-500 and the standard of football wasn't great. In the end Skonto came from one down to win 2-1 (cue flares from the 20-30 Skonto fanatics). Oh and one last thing for those who know me the food is impressive at the ground.

The best bar to meet up in is the Barcelona bar directly across the road from the entrance to the ground.

Oh and it's very hot!

Was in the Czech Republic last week, so couldn't see her who must be obayed letting me go to Latvia as well, so enjoy the experiece!!, (there are some stunning women in the Baltics!!).

On the beer front, look out for Cesu Porteris, It's a Latvian Dark (Tumsais) beer!, 6.8%.

Worth a try and after a couple, you'll be speaking like the locals!!

And if you really like the beer and food, try this place;

http://ac.lido.lv/index.php?lang=en&sa...amp;f=v&a=7

Enjoy!!

And let's hope City can win all 3 games.

:farmer:

Have a great time Buster, i was hoping to go but i'll have to content myself with a hard tour of Clevedon and Hereford instead. :blink:

If you get a chance to give us a City fans eye view of the games, stadiums, atmosphere, new signings etc. that would be great.

Make sure the lads know you're there! :city::chant6ez::englandsmile4wf:

Have a great time Buster, i was hoping to go but i'll have to content myself with a hard tour of Clevedon and Hereford instead. :blink:

If you get a chance to give us a City fans eye view of the games, stadiums, atmosphere, new signings etc. that would be great.

Make sure the lads know you're there! :city::chant6ez::englandsmile4wf:

heading over in August - dreadful timing i know but ce la vie - just don't leave a bad impression or I will have to keep a lower profile. we want to see Photos of City fans, with city flags and lots of lovely totty entertaining you. gorrrnnnnnn.

We arrived here in Riga yesterday afternoon and headed off to our accomodation which is nice and central. In the Old Town of Riga beers are anything up to £1.50 per pint. I recommend the local beer Alderis.

Skonto were at home to Metalurg last night so we headed off to the Skonto stadium and paid £1.50 to get in. Beer in the ground is £1.20 per pint and it is a tidy little stadium with a main stand (where we sat) and a curved stand which begins behind the goal and continues down the opposite side. The crowd was around 400-500 and the standard of football wasn't great. In the end Skonto came from one down to win 2-1 (cue flares from the 20-30 Skonto fanatics). Oh and one last thing for those who know me the food is impressive at the ground.

The best bar to meet up in is the Barcelona bar directly across the road from the entrance to the ground.

Oh and it's very hot!

Well done for getting over there Busterrimes. Please keep us informed on developments. I wonder if any of the games are live on bcfc.world :devil::D:D:D

I'll post a report about from tomorrows game sometime tomorrow night.

As for being on our best behaviour we've had no problems yet, well you wouldn't really if you've spent all day led on a beach admiring beautiful women would you.

We've met a few other Reds fans while we've been out here so there are at least 20 of us.

So far we are failing our self-imposed mission to buy Skonto shirts. It really is becoming the Holy Grail as even people wearing them don't know where they got them.

JudgeRed, Its a lovely City and you will really enjoy it here.

Bye for now, more tomorrow.

So far we are failing our self-imposed mission to buy Skonto shirts. It really is becoming the Holy Grail as even people wearing them don't know where they got them.

Most "former" Communist Countries have either a shop at the ground, or people selling shirts ad-hoc at the ground.

Also, there could be some sort of betting/lottery shop in Riga with an allegiance to Skonto, where you could also purchase club merchandise from.

Failing that, ask a local at the game, BEFORE we win the match!!, ;)

Oh and it's very hot!

Well done for going £1.50 a pint ill be drunk on £5 then.Would of love to have gone but work are strict on time off.

Archived