IGNORED

Wycombe Goalie

bucksred

appears Frankie did himself a mischief last week, and wycombe have the max number of loan players, so a youngster is playing tonite, Think he played saturday too....

Would seem a bit tight to shatter a young keepers confidence in one of his first games by knocking 6 past him.

Never mind he can put it down to experience, or lack of it. :rolleyes:

Oh come on!  Not this over confidence again!  I thought you would have learned from saturday that a team missing key players is not one to lie down and die.  Wednesday beat us with a reserve team out.
Exactly.

We need to watch McSporran. Always seems to score against us.

Wycombe fan I work with reckons we'll win easily. The last two games he said the same- and we lost 2-1, and 3-0 so no I aint over confident, especially with the wonderous Leapy, in such a rich vein of form, as per official site!!

2-1 city eventually, after they score first....

• Admin

Whilst it's a good thing not to be too blazé about our opponents tonight just assuming a win, it is also worth noting that I imagine this will be the game that the majority of City players (especially Tommy) will be the most "up for" this season.

There was widespread indignation after our 3-0 defeat earlier this season as it was truly the lowpoint of our season. Many players were criticised heavily after this game, none moreso than Tommy who even had a fair number of fans calling for the Board to kick him out of the Club. If the players aren't motivated to beat Wycombe (and heavily) tonight then they never will be and should consider different careers in my opinion.

City to win by 3 clear goals with Tommy voted Man of the Match :rolleyes:

Oh come on!  Not this over confidence again!  I thought you would have learned from saturday that a team missing key players is not one to lie down and die.  Wednesday beat us with a reserve team out.

I was joking with the 6 fct. However, City should dispatch a team in Wycombe's position and as much as we shouldn't be approaching the game over confidently, we shouldn't be viewing it with trepidation either.

We've got a good team, good manager and intimidating fans. We're at home to the bottom club. We've all seen before how things can go wrong, not least up there. And yes i do remember McSporran!

But why approach a game in a shell, watching what we say in case it puts the Indian sign on us? There's little fun in that and it doesn't show much confidence in the team.

City have done well this season and we should indeed have confidence in the team from the off tonight.

They need the fans to be positive and loud and 12,000 people biting their nails aren't going to be much help.

Yes Nogbad, 6 is asking too much; but I'm just suddenly very nervous about the rest of the season. If we had a more potent attack force then I'd be happier but I can't see us taking them to the cleaners; we haven't done that really at home since the Notts County game and they were simply awful.

Its no good saying their defence is rubbish because that was against a team that has scored 8 against Grimsby the game after we got 1 against the same team. Wycombe scored 3 on saturday and they can easily knock one in against us, and if they score first tonight I have this dread they'll be able to hold our lightweight attack off without much bother.

We all knew (except the mindless optimists amongst us) that this winning streak was going to end sometime and now it has i wonde rif we are going to do a Rovers and muck things up totally.

My 6 reference WAS tongue in cheek, fct, i was merely stating that we should show the "novice" keeper no mercy.

I am never over confident before a City game, myriad disappointments over the years ( make that decades) have ensured that.

I do like to be postive when there's an opportunity and when there is a match City should win, i'll have no qualms about saying so. The gloom can come after the event if City disappoint, like last night.

Therefore i share your pessimism this morning. We desperately need to hammer someone very soon to get the belief back. And by that i do indeed mean by 5 or 6. Our run of games from Port Vale on is looking more and more diabolical with no relief in sight if we're stuttering. We could lose several on the trot which would blow our top 2 chances.

If it then comes down to the play -offs we're done for, that's the one thing i'm certain of, so the horrific prospect of a City cock-up of near gas proportions cannot be ruled out.

Aye, its funny but I had such strong feelings before both Sheff and Wycombe games that we weren't going to win. Don't ask me why, I just knew.

However I do feel oddly confident about the next two. Again don't ask me why.