IGNORED

City Going Up Yes/no, Alternative Look

bucksred

Following on from the are we going up- straight yes/no, IU'd like to ask, what ages are ya?

Just thinking the older ones among us seem more cynical then you young uns!!

Just interesting, can ya say which way and your ages for a light heated look at us all.

For the record I said no, cos we wont go up via the play offs, and I'm 47.

Over to y'all..

Of course we're going up, and as Champions as well. It's not that our competition are Real Madrid - we're talking about a club without a manager, an even more unfortunate club with a manger who's names Hollowhead and finally Swindon Town.

We're lucky to have two two homes games to come, and we can start the winning run on Friday, at the Gate with a good crowd under floodlights. Always seem to get a better atmosphere at night games and now's the time to make sure that Friday's no exception. (If it isn't a Red and White night, it should be, but then so should every game be).

As for age, I'm 51 - that age beyond cynicism, where senilty sets in and second childhoods start.

Didnt take part in the previous thread but I am confident we can get out of this slump and start winning as of Friday. This, with 4 or 5 games without defeat, we can go on and clinch either 1st or stay 2nd and clinch promo!

18 years

I said/say yes, I'm 21.

We are second in the league and are still to play Plymouth and Qpr at home, whether we get promoted or not is still very much in our own hands.

I know we have a tough run in but we have prooven we are good enough to beat anybody and therefore there is no reason not to anticipate 6 points from the Plymouth and QPR games - which should be almost enough to get us up.

I'm 43, and I am unemployed, and...and..I like horse riding and wish for world peace.... and..and.... oh stuff it.

Whatever.

Mayeb they will maybe they won't. I couldn't say. whatever they do I'll still be suporting them next season.

Guest eviltaxman

If not through automatic placing then through the play offs, but definately YES.

I'm 35 and can remember the ups 'n downs from the last 20 years or so, but this year I feel more positive than even last year.

Excellent post, bucksred, your thread has rekindled my faith in fellow City supporters. Cynicism would appear to be not restricted to the battle worn and many veterans still keep the faith!

As a 35 year old lifetime fan, I know that supporting Bristol City feels like Groundhog Day. Just when you think you've made it, you wake up to the same old tune on the radio. You go through various stages of confusion, enthusiasm, commitment, disappointment, frustration, madness, depression, and finally acceptance. And, like the film, acceptance is when the good things happen.

While we're not perfect, I genuinely think we're the best team in this league and with a quarter of the season still to play for, I think there's enough time to prove it with automatic promotion at least. My head and heart both say we'll be champions this year and I'm going to make the most of the rest of the season by believing it and cheering them on all the way.

Gotta say I am surprised at the replies. We aint all cynical od b*******, nore or we all shiney young happy clappys. This I say on behalf of all of us. Hope the board, club, and players never ever take us for granted, this club can only get bigger and better for all these Trying times.

Final point from me, if we win most of our games that automatic slot beckons. Time for us all whichever stand you are in EE, Atyeo, Dolman, Williams od BCFC World/BBC Radio Briz, support the team for the next 11 games.

Tins, get that team, lean, mean and a fighting machine, and we can do it. :):):D

Bring back Red Goblin, re-instate the Goblin!!! :D