IGNORED

Council Tax

somered

:grr::grr: As a council tax payer I was totally gobsmacked at the over the top Police Operation at yesterdays' game, with Millwall supporters being outnumbered by the Police I was just wondering what this "operation" must have cost the club and Council Tax Payers bearing in mind that the Police reckon it costs 20K to put the helicopter in the air! :dunno:

I stated yesterday to my old man that if the club had put netting over the block A(i think) of the Williams and the corner of the East End where the away fans came in then surely it would have been alot harder for fans to semi clash in that area.

I believe the level of policing at yesterdays game actually escalated tentions at the game, not saying the Millwall and minority of City fans are saints but just didn't believe needed the level that was present.

The club will only pay for the police presence inside of the ground. The cost to police outside is purely out of the paying CT residents of Bristol City Council.

Did the club cover its costs?

I can't think so

The Millwall fans payed £17ph.

Net of VAT that means City earned about £7,700 from that nonsense yesterday.

I'm not a fan of restricted travel, all ticket matches unless necessary (City v Man Utd Yes) but wouldn't it just be better to ban the away fans when such small numbers are concerned?

Looking at the police costs plus everyones, time fuss & inconvenience-all that palava for about 60/70 muggy wannabees,burberryed up to the Sky??? :disapointed2se:

12,000 was about what I thought and the atmosphere was better at AG, however Millwall brought about 200 more fans than Carlisle :disapointed2se:

:grr::grr: As a council tax payer I was totally gobsmacked at the over the top Police Operation at yesterdays' game, with Millwall supporters being outnumbered by the Police I was just wondering what this "operation" must have cost the club and Council Tax Payers bearing in mind that the Police reckon it costs 20K to put the helicopter in the air! :dunno:

It's a game.All the fuzz I saw had big smiles on their faces ,counting the pre-xmas overtime.

Some even had banter with the "gents" leaving Scotia.... "be nice lads, remember it's Christmas"!

usually I would agree about this, but after seeing what Millwall did last time they were here, I don't think we should complain about the police trying to do their job better. If it kicked off like last time I am sure the police would be getting a lot of stick if they were less in numbers.

I would much rather the police be over cautious, having been caught in trouble before when I am certainly not a hooligan or a trouble maker!

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't........

Archived