IGNORED

Music to top yerself by

bucksred

Suggestions to kill yourself by, musically speaking.

I'll start anything by Cantplay or Keane, and Nirvana..

Scale of wanting to kill yerself: Cantplay 10/10.

Keane 8/10.

Nirvana...11/10.

C'mon you lot........... :noexpression:

Are you asking for music that would provide a wonderful, soothing backdrop to the act of suicide, or music that actually drives you to want to slash your wrists?

If the former, then Atmosphere (the Joy Division version), if the latter, then Atmosphere (the Russ Abbott version).

Are you asking for music that would provide a wonderful, soothing backdrop to the act of suicide, or music that actually drives you to want to slash your wrists?

If the former, then Atmosphere (the Joy Division version), if the latter, then Atmosphere (the Russ Abbott version).

Both! Christ, I forgot that cheery Joy Division one :noexpression:

Its a cracking tune, one of my all-time favourite tracks, though I admit it is not going to get many people tapping their feet and/or humming along.

It aint bad, but not if yer feeling down, or depressed though.

Cantplay yer wanna kill yerself, regardless of what mood yer in!!! :noexpression: :noexpression: The wife keeps playin it to me fer some reason. :whistle2: cant think why!

Apparently, The Verve's The Drugs Don't Work is officially and scientifically the most depressing song of all time!!

This is on account of the amount that it slows your heart rate etc. I'm so glad to see that our hard earned goes on meaningful research rather than ridiculous things like cures for cancer!!!!

But I agree anything by Cantplay and (not)Keane just sends me to the brink. Incidentally, are they like a Clark Kent/Superman duo...? Their "music" is identical (i often cant tell which is on) and i'm not sure they've ever been seen in the same place as each other... hmmm...

Or it could be a Milli Vanilli thing!!! (not)Keane miming to Cantplays songs!

Or it could be that they're both utter tripe! :handbags:

Hey...can someone help me down off my soapbox please?

Anyone..?

Helloooooo?

Some of you know that I've been having horrendous problems with my neighbours for ages. He is basically an alcholic who is abusive and threatening, she is a mental case and then there's various other family members, a whole bunch of nutters with every social, problem under the sun!

The music they play gives us a warning if there is trouble looming.

General chart music is generally 'look at me'.

Then we have Beach Boys/Buddy Holly/Abba type music, this means that things could go either way, ie calm down again or move to the next level.

Fleetwood Mac. We know then we are in for hours of wall banging etc.

But if we hear Cat Stevens, we really have to take cover!

I don't know if it's music to top myself by, but I wish they'd hurry up and do themselves in!

Some of you know that I've been having horrendous problems with my neighbours for ages. He is basically an alcholic who is abusive and threatening, she is a mental case and then there's various other family members, a whole bunch of nutters with every social, problem under the sun!

Then we have Beach Boys/Buddy Holly/Abba type music, this means that things could go either way, ie calm down again or move to the next level.

I don't know if it's music to top myself by, but I wish they'd hurry up and do themselves in!

Em, play Motorhead very fn loudly. he may get the hint and eff off. Personally I'd hit em with Korn, Slipnot & the Deftones....even I hate them so they are bound to work on the dyck.

I used to live next door to a house full of students. As expected, my sleeping patterns (as a working man) differed from theirs, and for ages I had to deal with music blaring through the walls at all hours. I exacted my revenge the frequent times when I was working away from home: I'd turn the speakers towards the wall, leave the volume at full, and set the timer on my stereo to come on between approx 4am-8am.

Two more that are not up there in the cheery stakes:

'Tell Laura I love her', can't recall who by

'Emma' Hot Chocolate (or Sisters of Mercy, for a real downer)

1 "Tell Laura I Love Her," Ray Peterson, Decca Records

2 "Tell Laura I Love Her," Ricky Valance, EMI on the Columbia label

3 "Tell Laura I Love Her," John Leyton, Top Rank

4 "Tell Laura I Love Her," The Boppers,

Take your pick of which version.

I'd suggest...........

'Why Don't You Kill Yourself' by The Only Ones

Yes they did another track or two other than 'Another Girl Another Planet' ...... but for some strange reason the songs that were more directly about 'Heroin' never get used on adverts........... odd that?

I may have to look at this more closely and sift through some tracks by other artists for further top yerself suggestions

'High Rise' by Hawkwind would be another suggestion...... content....... but the track is classic

Just like you might have been ......On the 99th floor of a suicide machine........ High Rise, living in the high rise..... high rise.... living in the high rise etc