IGNORED

Never Rated Lee Johnson

Frenchay Red

Until tonight.

Having watched a totally absorbing game and fantastic performance from the lads, my eyes have finally been opened to his abilities. He had a brilliant game along with all the rest of the team, Keogh probably was my motm. I agree with those who say get off Lee's back and give him support and encouragement. Because on tonight's showing there is a lot more to come from the manager's son and it's up to the fans to give him the confidence to perform. Well played Lee, well done everyone and a big well done to the fans who went up. They did us proud and drowned out the 'Boro supporters for much of the game. Hope we can carry the performance to the Blackpool game. :clapping:

To be honest alot of the lads who are happy passing the ball Johnson, Keogh, Noble etc all looked fantastic tonight and I bet the pitch had a hell of a lot to do with it! After seeing us play against Southend on a quagmire and seemingly not be able to string passes together it was awesome to watch the midfield link up as well as they did!

Roll on promotion and fluent Johnson football!!

:englandsmile4wf:

To be honest alot of the lads who are happy passing the ball Johnson, Keogh, Noble etc all looked fantastic tonight and I bet the pitch had a hell of a lot to do with it! After seeing us play against Southend on a quagmire and seemingly not be able to string passes together it was awesome to watch the midfield link up as well as they did!

Roll on promotion and fluent Johnson football!!

:englandsmile4wf:

S****horpe ? :unsure:

Hes a class act. links the play so well, i question the people who knock him, do they actually understand the game :dunno:

i just feel he needs cover in midfield so he can get foward and play becuse when we lose the ball were buggered

when the opposition counter attack, with 5 man in midfield tonight that helped but left us limited upfront i just think

he is trying to be a tinman and the doc all in one.

i just feel he needs cover in midfield so he can get foward and play becuse when we lose the ball were buggered

when the opposition counter attack, with 5 man in midfield tonight that helped but left us limited upfront i just think

He's obviously much stronger at the creative side of the game than the defensive but he does work hard covering ground to try and slow attacks even if he's not going to win dirty 50/50s like the Doc.

352 might well be worth a shout to make the most of our depth at centre half and central midfield.

Trouble is a lot of our fans expect him to be like Keogh and run and tackle anything with a pulse. IMO he should be used a little further forward in a more free role where he can really damage the opposition. It would certainly help stop our forwards being isolated.

He's obviously much stronger at the creative side of the game than the defensive but he does work hard covering ground to try and slow attacks even if he's not going to win dirty 50/50s like the Doc.

352 might well be worth a shout to make the most of our depth at centre half and central midfield.

yep can't argue with that but not sure GJ will sacrifice a center half though.

Trouble is a lot of our fans expect him to be like Keogh and run and tackle anything with a pulse. IMO he should be used a little further forward in a more free role where he can really damage the opposition. It would certainly help stop our forwards being isolated.

i can see LJ play making but cover for the center halfs on the counter is a worry,

Keogh center midfield? the new doc mabe :shifty:

but the 5 man midfield did well tonight.

I think the games against Boro and Cov have made it clear that Johnson thrives when given time on the ball, allowing him to exercise his full passing ability. The championship is far more suited to Lee's game than League One. Johnson needs two midfielders with him in a 3-5-2 or he needs a scruffy bastard with him. Could Keogh be that bastard? He's worth a try.

I think the games against Boro and Cov have made it clear that Johnson thrives when given time on the ball, allowing him to exercise his full passing ability. The championship is far more suited to Lee's game than League One. Johnson needs two midfielders with him in a 3-5-2 or he needs a scruffy bastard with him. Could Keogh be that bastard? He's worth a try.

Keogh yep i'd try it.

LJ did well at yeovil with a hard head next to him, to be fair to skuse he is still learning

or was shoved out on the wing.

Fair point, don't think we would get any better player in this division though, hes what every passing team needs.

I think Keogh could probably do anything! He will be very unlucky again on Saturday to lose his place to Carey. I thought Keogh has been exellent in these two cup games - he has a great future with us hopefully!

all to familar with City, Johnson seems to have slotted into the same Role as Luke Wilkshire, same kinda player (ok not as good as luke) but a decent player who could defo do well at a higher level

Keogh yep i'd try it.

LJ did well at yeovil with a hard head next to him, to be fair to skuse he is still learning

or was shoved out on the wing.

Was it Darren Way alongdside Johnson at Yeovil? He was a bit of a bastard if i remember correctly. Everything points to our need of a bastard (and a left winger) it could've been Scott Brown, now Keogh is the closest we have.

I think Keogh could probably do anything! He will be very unlucky again on Saturday to lose his place to Carey. I thought Keogh has been exellent in these two cup games - he has a great future with us hopefully!

Carey is suspened again Sat. Does anyone else think he purposely got himself booked against Scunny so as to be available for the two gas games? If Keogh keeps up his form (and isn't moved to midfield) Carey will be bloody lucky to get his place back.

Archived