IGNORED

Keith millens contribution

city_pete

Keith Millen has been assistant manager from August 2005 and survived the Tinnan era and also remained in position following the appointment of Gary Johnson.

It is always difficult to gauge the influence of an assistant manager, my personal opinion is that he has contributed signifinantly to the stability of the club and the meaness of our defence over the last 12 months.

What are your opinions?

Keith's a very well respected coach apparently within coaching circles. He's makes interesting observations.

To be honest we have absolutely no idea what he contributes to the team.

GJ likes him so that's good enough for me while we're in this position in the league.

It was incredible the criticism he received when things weren't going so well.

Keith's a very well respected coach apparently within coaching circles.

Indeed he is. He's also a very bright individual and imo will eventually go into management himself.He's doing his apprentiship just now if you like.

He's actually better qualified that Gary Johnson.

didn't he do a coaching course that is invitation only?

He's got the liscense that you need if you are to become a premiership manager, UEFA Pro Liscence or what ever the top one is, and Gary has only enrolled into that course this season.

Fair play to both GJ & KM.

KM has made the most of the opportunity given to him by GJ.

In whatever line of management you are in, I always see it as a massive sign of weakness & insecurity, when a new manager comes in and immediately surrounds himself with his mates, muckers previous assistants etc.

Some "assistants" have made a good living following their sacked/re-employed Managers around the Country / World.

Well done the pair of them, let's hope their combined efforts DO result in the Championship next term & beyond.

Qualifications don't mean d###, playing the right tatctics with the ability to communicate well with your players and motivate them is evertything, a piece of paper saying you passed a course doesnt mean you will make a good coach or manager, look at the nhs as an example, managers in place that have no idea what it takes to run a hospital but have bits of paper in their pockets because they no how to pass exams. Millen may or may not be a good coach, I don't know, I do know that GJ is, and he doesnt have the exams behind him.

he was made a scapegoat when tinnion was under presure, the abuse he got was out of order.

peter beadle said to me after the swansea debarcle, "if city get rid of keith, then it will be a travesty, hes one of the best young coachs about".

good to see him getting some credit at last.

I agree that Keith's contribution should not be underestimated. Its clear that GJ and he work very closely together on match days and he seems to command the respect of the players in the same way Frank Barlow did.

If anyone has seen the occasional interviews KM does on TV World he always makes sense and expresses his views very clearly. Obviously if this is how he comes across to the players its going to give them a good chance of doing the right things on the pitch which to be fair they are doing more often than not at the moment.

And of course he has a 100% winning record in the game he took charge of this season!!

I agree that Keith's contribution should not be underestimated. Its clear that GJ and he work very closely together on match days and he seems to command the respect of the players in the same way Frank Barlow did.

If anyone has seen the occasional interviews KM does on TV World he always makes sense and expresses his views very clearly. Obviously if this is how he comes across to the players its going to give them a good chance of doing the right things on the pitch which to be fair they are doing more often than not at the moment.

And of course he has a 100% winning record in the game he took charge of this season!!

I think the performance of the defence is more to do with Jamie McCombe and the rest of them.I have always been amazed how badly we used to defend set pieces and corners when our Assistant Manager was a defender and quite a good one.It seems to me he just sensibly keeps a bit quieter than before and suddenly people waffle on about what a respected coach he is.Can't really work it out .

Archived