IGNORED

The Official Good Luck Yeovil Thread

bucksred

Agreed, said weeks ago Blackpool will win the play offs, and they more than deserve it!!!

We "deserved" to go up the year Brighton beat us.....its got sod all to do with deserving.its all about luck.........

Come on Yeovil.

37 years I've been following you and at times, I thought we'd never get into the League. In fact as recently as 1997, when we were languishing in the Ryman League, I did wonder if we'd make it back into the Conference.

But thanks to the wonders of managers past and present, we are 270 minutes from the Championship. God help me if we go up, I shan't be responsible for my actions.... :winner_third_h4h:

Come on Yeovil.

37 years I've been following you and at times, I thought we'd never get into the League. In fact as recently as 1997, when we were languishing in the Ryman League, I did wonder if we'd make it back into the Conference.

But thanks to the wonders of managers past and present, we are 270 minutes from the Championship. God help me if we go up, I shan't be responsible for my actions.... :winner_third_h4h:

Fair play mate hope you beat the tree huggers. I'm sure you will have alot of city fans backing you now!!!

Yeah, the forest are happier to have you lot........still don't reckon it'll be as easy as they say. They gotta be favorites, but so were we against Brighton, and we know what happened then don't we lads n lasses....

Sorry i cant cheer on yeovil to me that will be like cheering on rovers there a local rival

Why not support a local rival instead of a Midlands or Northern rival??

We should all want to do better than local rivals, but at the end of the day support West country teams against the North. I'm all for rivalry and friendly banter but let's cut out the HATE for Chrissake. Where football supporting merges into gang culture is where all the problems start. Let's NOT be like Millwall.

It's been a good season for West teams with City & Swindon up, Yeovil & Gas in playoffs, Cheltenham surviving. Let's see West Country football thriving, to challenge other regions with City in the forefront.

Even "British Gas". As long as we're above them, I'd rather see a Bristol side go up than MK Dons.

Come on Yeovil.

Why not support a local rival instead of a Midlands or Northern rival??

We should all want to do better than local rivals, but at the end of the day support West country teams against the North. I'm all for rivalry and friendly banter but let's cut out the HATE for Chrissake. Where football supporting merges into gang culture is where all the problems start. Let's NOT be like Millwall.

It's been a good season for West teams with City & Swindon up, Yeovil & Gas in playoffs, Cheltenham surviving. Let's see West Country football thriving, to challenge other regions with City in the forefront.

Even "British Gas". As long as we're above them, I'd rather see a Bristol side go up than MK Dons.

Come on Yeovil.

No thanks I'm a Bristol city fan not a west country football fan to me there all rivals and i want to see them fail not do good

As Forest will have to drive past Bristol to reach Yevil for those play off games; will any motorawy bridges be adorned with message bearing banners for the Forest faithful to read as they drive by? :laugh::city:

Blackpool are the team to beat for me...and i want Yeovil to do it, I wont say no to any local derbys next year!

Stuff yeovil and their cocky fans, I can still remember Robin from Wincanton saying tol radio Bristol we are the best team in the west and asking the presenter Alister Durden if he agreed , the only thing I wish for Yeovil is relegation back to the conference.

C'mon Yeovil,

Getcha arses up into the championship with us now.

Good luck Friday......be nice to have a decent West country team up wi us...not just bloody Plymuff!

I agree 100% i would love to see Yeovil join us in the Championship next season. Come on you Green & Whites

Good luck Yeovil, always had a soft spot for them as they've done an amazing thing in football as far as I'm concerned. For them to be possibly playing the likes of West Ham Utd, Wolves, and the rest of the champ teams is truely amazing considering where they have come from, and so quickly. More of an achievement then any of the top teams winning the Champions league in my opinion.

Yeovil fans are a bitter, smug lot. Hope they sink back down to non-league too be honest

An interesting opinion. Not sure what we have got to be bitter or smug about. Sure we were bitter when GJ left, having taken us as far as he could (his words), but now we have progressed further still under Russell Slade. Smug? No, just proud - very, very proud of the progress that we have made in the last five years under the superb leadership of our chairman John Fry. The last 12 months have been fantastic, getting a team together on a very small budget that finishes 5th. A magnificent achievement. Any perceptions of smugness have surely been the result of normal rival fans banter.

And thanks to all you BCFC fans who are supporting us against Forest in the play offs. It's going to be 180 minutes of entertaining football for us and we're going b*lls out for a trip to Wembley.

Personally, I would much prefer Yeovil to go up. Meh, they're City's local rivals and all that but from a footballing point of view I would see them struggling the most out of the 4 in the Champ [Forest with all their resources would compete, Blackpool have a good backer behind them and can invest, and Oldham have a decent little history behind them and could easily stay up with Chris Porter on fire again].

I'll be backing Yeovil, and plus it's a few more points next year! :]

After yesterday I'm feeling pretty maganimous towards everyone, so yeah, c'mon Yeovil. Wouldn't even mind the gas going up at the moment, though realise that's a step too far for most on here!

Obviously we want to be the top West Country team (though realise that's not exactly the greatest achievment in the world!), but there's also a good argument I think that if West Country football is strong, that will benefit us, as it will make the region seem less of a footballing outpost and more attractive for potential players.

Stuff yeovil and their cocky fans, I can still remember Robin from Wincanton saying tol radio Bristol we are the best team in the west and asking the presenter Alister Durden if he agreed , the only thing I wish for Yeovil is relegation back to the conference.

Just about says it all ,your talking about 1 fan,Robin from Wincanton,even YT fans think he's a fool.

Cocky fans?,don't think so,just proud of what we've achieved in the last few years,more than most.

As i said in a previous post,congratulations,good luck,to all,except to knobs like you.

I see you have been supporting City since you 4,you must be at least 5 & half now with comments like that,don't judge everyone by the stupid words of one idiot! :doh::doh:

Just about says it all ,your talking about 1 fan,Robin from Wincanton,even YT fans think he's a fool.

Cocky fans?,don't think so,just proud of what we've achieved in the last few years,more than most.

As i said in a previous post,congratulations,good luck,to all,except to knobs like you.

I see you have been supporting City since you 4,you must be at least 5 & half now with comments like that,don't judge everyone by the stupid words of one idiot! :doh::doh:

We don't all think that Greener. To be perfectly honest I think you will beat cocky Forest. Good luck to you. :fingerscrossed:

As my brother is a Yeovil fan and the fact that I've always viewed them as my second club I'll be pulling for them big time in the the playoffs. Sure they are an overachieving bunch but seem to always be a good lot.

Go win the playoffs and next season you cna be runner-up to us in the championship.

Best of luck to Yeovil.

I found their fans to be lovely bunch when they visited the gate earlier this season.

What they have achieved in recent times is unbelievable and I wouldn't begrudge them further success.

They are in close proximity too, which is a bonus! :city:

We don't all think that Greener. To be perfectly honest I think you will beat cocky Forest. Good luck to you. :fingerscrossed:

spot on there........they think Oldham and Blackpool will be harder...its all about bleedin luck the pray offs.........

PS Ive more Yeovil fans up here than Plymuff, Torquay, and Exeter put together... Actually more than the sags too come to think of it and Swinetown too

Edited by bucksred