IGNORED

Christonabike

gas8er

Come on fellas, two draws and all you lot want to do is moan on about our available strikers not being good enough.

G.J. got us promoted without the best strikers in league one, so do you honestly think (after bringing in some quality players) that he will settle for mid table mediocrity? No, nor me either.

If someone had offered me the current position this time last year I'd have bitten both hands off.

Just be glad he's here (we could be stuck with Gregory, and then I'd be on my bike!). :englandflag:

Come on fellas, two draws and all you lot want to do is moan on about our available strikers not being good enough.

It's five draws in eight and three on the spin and our current front two have scored two between them. Do you think that's good enough?

G.J. got us promoted without the best strikers in league one, so do you honestly think (after bringing in some quality players) that he will settle for mid table mediocrity?

Who knows, but that's not under debate, is it?

No, nor me either.

No :blink:

If someone had offered me the current position this time last year I'd have bitten both hands off.

If someone had offered me three points less than now at the start of the season, I'd have taken it.However, that never was on offer and isn't the point in the striker debate.I also haven't heard any gloom and doom, so where's that? Also, if someone offered me a broken leg or diarrohea, I'd take the latter, however,I don't want either and I doubt that offer would ever be made.

Just be glad he's here (we could be stuck with Gregory, and then I'd be on my bike!). :englandflag:

Why could we be stuck with Gregory, Pulis or Alex Ferguson for that matter-That has never and will never be the choice open to us?

So, on the basis of what you've said, should we close the Forum down and debate nothing?

What I've seen and joined in with is lots of constructive suggestions and sensible comments about numerous subjects to do with City, so where are all these gloom and doom posts you refer to, or are you reading another forum?

G.J. got us promoted without the best strikers in league one, so do you honestly think (after bringing in some quality players) that he will settle for mid table mediocrity? No, nor me either.

Do you mean 5 this season and 3 in a row?

He won't want to settle for it but with the current players I think that is where we are.

And yes we are glad he is here and I'm happy to be in the Championshi

So, on the basis of what you've said, should we close the Forum down and debate nothing?

What I've seen and joined in with is lots of constructive suggestions and sensible comments about numerous subjects to do with City, so where are all these gloom and doom posts you refer to, or are you reading another forum?

Maybe he was talking like that because its raining outside and the lack of natural sunlight is affecting his brain? :noexpression:

Which available 'strikers'?

Showunmi and Brooker aren't fit, Byfield has yet to start a game and Jevons isn't good enough to make the bench. Trundle is the only match-fit forward we have available right now.

Those are the facts.

We're in a higher division and therefore require quality finishers in the penalty area. Championship defences won't be fooled by our up-and-at-em shennanigans honed in League 1, using makeshift forwards.

Unless the present (available) squad start scoring goals, and quickly, then we'll soon need to recruit a striker through the emergency loan system, because we can't carry on being a workmanlike side that draws games indefinitely.

I don't think we should close the forum down but the debates on here are all about negative issues and not positive ones.

Lets discuss why the team are getting good results against good opposition.

Its easy to knock and lay blame but lets look at the whole picture and not from an individual perspective.

If GJ was foolish enogh to bow to your knowledge of football (no disrespect but he is one of the highest qualified coaches) and it failed would you take the blame for suggesting it.

Leave it up to the pros and disscuss what a fun time it is, its only a game.

Archived