IGNORED

Wurzelmania! Website Looking For Help From City Fans

fblades

Hi there,

I am the new webmaster for the Wurzels fan website Wurzelmania! (www.wurzelmania.co.uk), and I am looking for some knowlegeable City fans to help me out with some facts.

I would like to know why The Wurzels originally released One For The Bristol City in 1977. Apart from them being City fans, of course. I presume it was to celebrate City getting promotion, or was it a cup win?

Also, I have received an article about why The Wurzels have such a strong link to Bristol City (linked from the Releases page) and whether Adge Cutler was a City fan or not. It's an interesting read, but again, I would appreciate any comments about its factual accuracy.

regards,

Frank

Webmaster: Wurzelmania!

www.wurzelmania.co.uk

PS Will The Wurzels get any higher in the charts when they re-issue One For The Bristol City 2008 to celebrate City's promotion to the Premiership? Just a though...

Hi there,

I am the new webmaster for the Wurzels fan website Wurzelmania! (www.wurzelmania.co.uk), and I am looking for some knowlegeable City fans to help me out with some facts.

I would like to know why The Wurzels originally released One For The Bristol City in 1977. Apart from them being City fans, of course. I presume it was to celebrate City getting promotion, or was it a cup win?

Also, I have received an article about why The Wurzels have such a strong link to Bristol City (linked from the Releases page) and whether Adge Cutler was a City fan or not. It's an interesting read, but again, I would appreciate any comments about its factual accuracy.

regards,

Frank

Webmaster: Wurzelmania!

www.wurzelmania.co.uk

PS Will The Wurzels get any higher in the charts when they re-issue One For The Bristol City 2008 to celebrate City's promotion to the Premiership? Just a though...

Is there a link to the article?

Probably no help at all this but i have always felt the Wurzels were almost synonymous with Bristol City because of the cider and large following of City fans from North Somerset.

Remember at a very early age Virtute et Indusrial being sung well before Citys promotion in 76 in pubs around the ground. Too young to drink then but i certainly heard it but the line was always "If the City don't win Saturday Rovers never will!

Drink up thy cider has certainly been sung at the Gate since the seventies and this season i am a cider drinker seems to be becoming popular.

I've met them on a few occasions and it seems that Tommy is bizarrely the most happy to talk about City, although you get the impression that none of them go regularly.

The drummer, John 'Amos' Morgan told me that he once had a trial for city in goal when he was younger. This was going back a long long time though as he must be pushing 80 now!

At live shows, even in North Bristol, they have been known to sing Morning Glory and change the words to 'One for the Bristol City' halfway through, probably waiting to see if they are likely to get a kicking first!

As far as Adge Cutler is concerned, I grew up Nailsea and I don't think he was that bothered with sport but as a proud westcountryman was the sort of bloke that would like to see his local sides do well and City would have been his local league team.

I've met them on a few occasions and it seems that Tommy is bizarrely the most happy to talk about City, although you get the impression that none of them go regularly.

The drummer, John 'Amos' Morgan told me that he once had a trial for city in goal when he was younger. This was going back a long long time though as he must be pushing 80 now!

At live shows, even in North Bristol, they have been known to sing Morning Glory and change the words to 'One for the Bristol City' halfway through, probably waiting to see if they are likely to get a kicking first!

As far as Adge Cutler is concerned, I grew up Nailsea and I don't think he was that bothered with sport but as a proud westcountryman was the sort of bloke that would like to see his local sides do well and City would have been his local league team.

They were sat infront of me at the Burnley game and didn't seem to be supporting either team. Maybe they're just not the cheering and shouting sort?

Oh... and they left before the end, which I know will annoy some people on this forum!!

Archived