IGNORED

Apologies To Paul Cheesely

Frenchay Red

I was at the Quo gig last night and saw Paul Cheesely there. As a lifelong City fan, who was in his youth when we went up to the old 1st division, I can well remember just how good he was. However I don't seem capable of remembering his bl@@dy name and went up to him and called him Dave!!

What a numpty he must have thought! However he ignored my stupidity and was friendly and shook my hand!

So, sorry Paul!

My excuse is that I worked for years with a Dave Cheesely (who is a gas-head!!) and it was just a slip of the tongue!

Hope you enjoyed the gig, Quo were on top form! And I'm going again tonight! If you happen to be there again I'll get it right next time! :wub::city: :coat:

I was at the Quo gig last night and saw Paul Cheesely there. As a lifelong City fan, who was in his youth when we went up to the old 1st division, I can well remember just how good he was. However I don't seem capable of remembering his bl@@dy name and went up to him and called him Dave!!

What a numpty he must have thought! However he ignored my stupidity and was friendly and shook my hand!

So, sorry Paul!

My excuse is that I worked for years with a Dave Cheesely (who is a gas-head!!) and it was just a slip of the tongue!

Hope you enjoyed the gig, Quo were on top form! And I'm going again tonight! If you happen to be there again I'll get it right next time! :wub::city: :coat:

:rofl2br: thats amazing! a true Only Fools and Horses moment

Nice one Trigger

Hey, don't feel bad, apart from Quo you probably made his night!

It's got to be the best part of 30 years since he last kicked a ball for us? To have a fan recognize (!) you and still want to shake your hand must be quite something! :city:

So, sorry Paul!

He was probably more embarrassed by being seen at a Status Quo Gig.

Guest mesa boogie
Hey, don't feel bad, apart from Quo you probably made his night!

It's got to be the best part of 30 years since he last kicked a ball for us? To have a fan recognize (!) you and still want to shake your hand must be quite something! :city:

I wouldn't go as far to say he was recognized, he was called Dave.

So, sorry Paul!

We all make mistakes, don't feel so down down deeper and down.

Archived