best player on the pitch for me

Anyway just seen that his loan spell from Everton

has just finished

Hes 25 years old from brazil

6' 1'' midfielder

Anybody eles think he would be worth getting

on loan for a few months

He has been absolutly magnificent for us

He ahs gone back to Everon but we are trying to extend his loan, reason he couldnt was the 96? day ruling, he has been on loan here for 3 months so had to go back

We rate him so much and Davey is talking with his mate David Moyes this week to extend the loan

Up to now it is looking promosing

Having watched the barnsley game

i was very impressed by their number 15 Anderson de silva

has just finished

6' 1'' midfielder

on loan for a few months

Thought to myself on Saturday that him and Marvin in midfield would be an awesome partnership. Can't see it happening though at the expense of Johnson junior - unfortunately!

has just finished

6' 1'' midfielder

on loan for a few months

Yes, I thought him and Souza were both quality players.

has just finished

6' 1'' midfielder

on loan for a few months

i have to disagree i thought thier no 10 howard was quality very creative didn t waste possession :englandsmile4wf:

Without wishing to upset the "Lee Johnson can do no wrong contingent" there are a few players I have seen this season and I have thought "I would love to see him alongside Marvin" and the two most notable were Andy Reed and Brian Howard. All players need competition for their place and that includes the midfield playmaker department. Noble is clearly not fancied there by Gary Johnson so we need to get another player of that type in and provide competition/improvement. What I like about both Reed and Howard is that they are also "leaders" who are not scared to "talk" to other players when required and Carey/Orr aside that is something we lack in our side. This, in my opinion, is one of the reasons why we sometimes have fifteen minute spells in some games where we don't seem to be able to put our foot on the ball. Signing this type of player would give us both quality and leadership - not a bad mix at all.

Tbh Howard didnt impress me at all. He looked over weight, lacked in pace and wasnt on the ball no where near as much as Johnson. How can you complain about a consistant midfield partnership that has taken us to joint 2nd at Christmas???? :disapointed2se:

This is the difference in people. Most of us are not "complaining" about the current midfield partnership but at the same time that does not stop us looking, in unbiased fashion, at the players of other teams and thinking that they could improve our team. I am not knocking Lee Johnson but Brian Howard is a better player in my opinion and so is Andy Reed. Howard has scored around ten goals this season (not bad for a fat porker with a beer gut in the Championship) and if you honestly believe that LJ had more possession than him on Staurday, particularly in the second half when Barnsley were breaking on us, then you must be a supporter of the one eyed variety. I am not criticising Lee Johnson and I am over the moon with the fact that we are in third place - I, and others, are merely stating that we saw a player who, if we were able to get him, would improve our team.

If you cannot appreciate that this thread, stating that someone playing for another team in LJ's position could improve our team, is not a snipe at him or picking on him then you lack maturity.

This is the difference in people. Most of us are not "complaining" about the current midfield partnership but at the same time that does not stop us looking, in unbiased fashion, at the players of other teams and thinking that they could improve our team. I am not knocking Lee Johnson but Brian Howard is a better player in my opinion and so is Andy Reed. Howard has scored around ten goals this season (not bad for a fat porker with a beer gut in the Championship) and if you honestly believe that LJ had more possession than him on Staurday, particularly in the second half when Barnsley were breaking on us, then you must be a supporter of the one eyed variety. I am not criticising Lee Johnson and I am over the moon with the fact that we are in third place - I, and others, are merely stating that we saw a player who, if we were able to get him, would improve our team.

If you cannot appreciate that this thread, stating that someone playing for another team in LJ's position could improve our team, is not a snipe at him or picking on him then you lack maturity.

I thought Andy Reid was excellent against us and ran the show for them. How I would love some one of that quality in our team week in week out.. He just seems to find time and space naturally and never seems rushed into doing things..

Archived