IGNORED

Play-off Dates

Frenchay Red

Not wishing to tempt fate in any way what-so-ever :fingerscrossed: I was just wondering that if we did continue with our fantastic season, but didn't quite make the top two but got in the play-offs, when the games might be played? I'm trying to sort out some arrangements for May 10th &11th and know the final is on Sat 24th but don't want to miss the semis. Any ideas? :pray::city:

If we make it into the playoffs... the first leg will be on the weekend following the last week of the season (10th or 11th, either day depending on position), second leg will be midweek 3 days after that.

The final will be on Monday 26th May, spring bank holiday.

Not wishing to tempt fate in any way what-so-ever :fingerscrossed: I was just wondering that if we did continue with our fantastic season, but didn't quite make the top two but got in the play-offs, when the games might be played? I'm trying to sort out some arrangements for May 10th &11th and know the final is on Sat 24th but don't want to miss the semis. Any ideas? :pray::city:

Is the final not normally on the Monday??

If we make it into the playoffs... the first leg will be on the weekend following the last week of the season (10th or 11th, either day depending on position), second leg will be midweek 3 days after that.

Football League says Saturday 24th May.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk...1065813,00.html

Thanks for that! I can see why you won the poster the year award! :worship2:

Rather messes up my plans, but can't think of a better excuse to avoid cycling 100mls around Dartmoor!! :sweatingbullets:

Hmm does that mean they've reversed the order then? I'm sure the WBA/Derby game was on the Monday last year - but then I was pissed that whole weekend so I could be wrong.

I think they have reversed it this time. I would expect the playoff legs to be on the Saturday 10th and Wednesday 14th or similar.

I think they have reversed it this time. I would expect the playoff legs to be on the Saturday 10th and Wednesday 14th or similar.

The semi final legs are normally Sat/Tues for one pair and Sun/Wed for the other.

Though I guess they can change that too, the league site says no confirmation until close of season.

They moved the Championship play off game to a Saturday two years ago due to the world cup.

Its so players involved can join up with their countries earlier. I would expect its for the same reason this time.

They moved the Championship play off game to a Saturday two years ago due to the world cup.

Its so players involved can join up with their countries earlier. I would expect its for the same reason this time.

It will help the non-english players going to Euro 2008 no end.

Anyway, this is a good spot as I for one had not noticed this at all.

As for the semis, Sky seem to dictate this so they can show a different game every day. Last year Derby and Southampton played on a Saturday and a Tuesday (May 12 and 15). West Brom played Wolves on the Sunday and Wednesday (13 and 16).

Me too in Florida. Wonder if these games are shown out there?

Hi, newboy here (well not so new anymore, more well used!)

Been reading the forum for a couple of years but as yet not grasped the opportunity to join in the debates!

Clevedon Red - If you are in the Orlando area then try the George & Dragon at the top end of International Drive about 400 yards down from Wet and Wild, same side of the road.

A nice English pub that show all the top games on 4 large screens.

Was in there on Sat 1st December and as soon as the barman spotted my City cap he turned the TV at the bar to Sentanta for the Watford game! All the rest of the pub wre watching a Prem game (think it was Villa)- wasn't interested - they all thought I was barmy jumping up and down when we scored!

Try it , I think you will enjoy it there - nice family friendly pub!

Hi, newboy here (well not so new anymore, more well used!)

Been reading the forum for a couple of years but as yet not grasped the opportunity to join in the debates!

Clevedon Red - If you are in the Orlando area then try the George & Dragon at the top end of International Drive about 400 yards down from Wet and Wild, same side of the road.

A nice English pub that show all the top games on 4 large screens.

Was in there on Sat 1st December and as soon as the barman spotted my City cap he turned the TV at the bar to Sentanta for the Watford game! All the rest of the pub wre watching a Prem game (think it was Villa)- wasn't interested - they all thought I was barmy jumping up and down when we scored!

Try it , I think you will enjoy it there - nice family friendly pub!

Thanks for the info reddevon.

Archived