IGNORED

20p Phone-in

Frenchay Red

Everytime I listen to it that Mike from Stockwood is on, I'm not trying to knock the guy because he has more balls than me in ringing up, but why do we get the same people all the time, some are really good both City & Rovers but others don't really deserve a weekly audience yet they are consistantly given one, suppose its just a lack of callers.

suppose its just a lack of callers.

Maybe, but do we really have to spend half the programme trying to name all the ex-Man.Utd. players who are now managers?

There are plenty of places for that sort of thing on Radio 5 and other 'nationals'.

On the local phone-in, I want to hear local news and views only.

Is Twentypence trying to pander to the huge number of glory hunters in the area? Not enough interest or incident in local sport to keeo the phones buzzing?

The callers are mostly familiar and even seem to have admirers to impersonate them if they're unavailable. One caller sounded identical to 'Terry from Shirehampton', but wasn't him. :disapointed2se::surrender:

I guess that a lot of us (Red & Blue) like to listen and have opinions on the opinions, but don't have the confidence to contribute. Personally I plead guilty to that. I wonder if those that are regularly on air on Fri, or after the games, are in fact contacted by Radio Briz and invited to have their say. In truth they are only a handful each week, but without them it wouldn't be much of a phone in! Hence 20p pads it out as best he can. While on the subject of Radio Briz, the guy who did the commentary today nearly gives me heart failure, every time we seem to attack he makes it sound like we are about to score. I wish he would calm down a bit, then maybe I could.

Archived