IGNORED

Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Captain Of England

bucksred

As all the speculation about ferdinand taking over from Terry is in the rags, thought I'd ask the question:

Who do you think should be skipper of England.

If it were me, it would be Gerrard, because the other twos off pitch behaviour should prevent them from doing it, specially as the England skipper is a role model

Terrys dancing round a pole with his allegedly dodgy knee afore the Croatia game, and Ferdinands convenient missing of his drug test, plus organizing the infamous party, where the girl was allegedly raped, aint really what you expectfrom the team skipper is it?

Or do you think someone else should have the honour?

Over to you lot.............. :noexpression:

As all the speculation about ferdinand taking over from Terry is in the rags, thought I'd ask the question:

Who do you think should be skipper of England.

If it were me, it would be Gerrard, because the other twos off pitch behaviour should prevent them from doing it, specially as the England skipper is a role model

Terrys dancing round a pole with his allegedly dodgy knee afore the Croatia game, and Ferdinands convenient missing of his drug test, plus organizing the infamous party, where the girl was allegedly raped, aint really what you expectfrom the team skipper is it?

Or do you think someone else should have the honour?

Over to you lot. :noexpression:

Ferdinand has always made bad decisions off of the pitch , he's caught up in his own ego since going to Manure Utd . His brothers going the same way as well . Like most high profile players he does his bit for the community but leopards and spots come to mind to often with him .

Think on the pitch he has been lucky to have some good defenders around him , Vidic at the moment , and gets turned around far to many times .

Not being the club captain means also he would not get the role unless the other two were out .

Terry's become the ultimate whinger on the field . Perhaps because he's captain of a winning side but as a captain he should'nt be one of the players in the refs face after every decision goes against the side .

The tackle made recently prior to where he became injured showed also poor judgement . Think he was lucky to get the role last time and its of interest that the role is being discussed again now a new manager has arrived .

Gerrard I believe is the ultimate player , with qualities to become a England captain .

As a midfielder he is ultimately involved in all the games action . He can gee people up , has a win ethic to his play , is captain of his club side and respected and seems to create that buzz around him .

Neither of them really i still believe Beckham is good enough to be in the England team and our captain with Gerrard as assistant captain

I don't see Beckham as a 90 minute player for England anymore, as i don't think playing in the MLS (or not playing, as of now) will give him the match fitness needed for international football. I can still see him being used as an impact player off the bench for his set pieces, but not as a regular starter, which for me rules him out of the captaincy..

Totally depends upon how Cappello is going to line England up. If we say Cappello is going to say I'm going to change England for the better yet we still field the same team;

Robo, Nev, Rio, Terry, Cole, Becks/SWP/Hargreves, Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Rooney, Owen

Then I don't think the captaincy should change permanently but just put it on becks for his 100th cap. But on the flip side of the coin if Cappello says Lampard doesn't give his club form for his country, wastes chances and rarely does enough to warrant a place in the side other than name value, likewise people like Gerrard get dropped and not start unless tey show the form. Then I could see the captaincy going to Owen maybe or even Gary Neville. As for me we do need to start to get rid of some of the egos or at least get the best out of the players we've got. So it depends on what Capello is going to do, whether he'll be another Steve McClaren promise change and keep the same side despite it having not won us out for the last two tournaments. Or if he is going to do a Van Basten and get rid of the egos then I see the captaincy changing to someone like Owen or even Rooney.

although I agree he's not a 90min player anymore, he'll still give as good a 70mins as anyone else could in that position, for now I still believe there is no better option than Beckham, like him or not, he's still the best option on the right wing AND as captain, critics moan he is a one trick pony, but hey........he's probably the best in the world at that trick and players love having him in the team, because he creates chances for them and gets goals himself, how many free-kicks did we score when he was out the squad??

As a captain, if you know he will never go hiding and will also be motivate those around him,

Long Term.......after that.........Gerrard - only option really. Brought him on as a player for Liverpool and I'd expect him to do the same for England.

Becks? Nah. Gotta be looking at the current crew, not the past. David James, THERES an interesting name!

Should Fabio, perhaps, be looking at the U21's en masse, as they aint tarred with the underacheiver tag so many of the current crew are?