IGNORED

Rotherham

DavidNoble

Nope not at all... Will alway be happy about them selling Goater to us but otherwise this should be in the Football section not City section...

I'm sorry but when did you become a mod?

Oh thats right you didnt due to half the forum threatening to leave if you did.

Back to the original post. I don't have any soft spot for Rotherham but do keep an eye out for Carlisle's results following the majority of there fans in who were stood on the paddock at there ground stayed behind to clap off the lads following our 3-1 win up there in April. There actions deserved respect.

Nope not at all... Will alway be happy about them selling Goater to us but otherwise this should be in the Football section not City section...

Give it a rest, otherwise I'll give you one.

Never had any time for them after them recalling Robins from his succesful loan spell. City would not meet their inflated value, cannot remember who was in charge of them but it felt like they were holding us to randsom; it was when they were in the Championship and we were in League 1, or whatever it was called then.

i hope rotherham do well this season, the fans they bought to AG on promotion day last season were fantastic, they were singing are you watchin nottingham and clapping us, fans like that is what i like to see
I remember them singing You are going up and that made me laugh. They were great fans' and the joined in with the party.

If memory serves me correct they also sold us John Galley who helped keep us from relegation to poxy division 3 in the early 1970's, they also loaned us Mark Robins. Our last 3 points last season were against Rotherham that got us promotion and their fans applauded us and our pitch invasion. :clapping: Nothing wrong with Rotherham and I wish them well.

does anyone else have this soft spot for rotherham iv noticed there fifth and when watching their highlights on football league review iv started to almost want them to come up

anyone else have this?

Yes I don't mind them and would think "good on you" if they come up.

Nobody did them any favours last season.

Some things help your opinion of clubs - their reaction to us going up (all of them stayed and applauded us) plus their reaction to adversity, singing pretty loudly next to us for large parts of the game.

Songs of "Going down and 'avin a laugh" and the wearing of the "form is temporary, pride is permanent - RUFC Going Up 2008" just struck a chord of admiration.

PS - plus they hate Forest from the miner's strike and we're cheering us to finish above them all the way.

If memory serves me correct they also sold us John Galley who helped keep us from relegation to poxy division 3 in the early 1970's,

Yes, me old mate Goblin, I was thinking the very same thing. Galley was a real old fashioned center forward, he used to run like a carthorse, bully defenders and had a shot like a bullet - or so I like to remember, I saw him score a goal once against Sheffeild United I think, before they built the Dolman, that inspired my entire schoolboy football career - a twenty yarder that flew in.

On a similar note, it was good to see Keith Fear down the gate, last time.

:fastasleep:

i hope rotherham do well this season, the fans they bought to AG on promotion day last season were fantastic, they were singing are you watchin nottingham and clapping us, fans like that is what i like to see

Hear, hear, class act, especially when your own team has been relegated. It cant be much fun being at a ground who's team has gone up. But the Forest chants did make my day just that little bit more special!! :winner_third_h4h:

Archived