IGNORED

Fifa 2004, Crashing?

WestburyRed

Is it me or is this game buggy as hell? I have the GC version and it already has these interesting features...

- Game occasionally locks up and crashes after a game, not very often though.

- Some matches run extremely slowly and jumpy almost to the point of being unplayable.

- Scored a goal without the ball going near the goal, occured when taking a free kick from out wide, keeper saved it about 3 yards off of his line but for some reason it was a goal.

- 20% of goal replays have the camera pointing at the wrong end, so you just see the goalkeeper on his own.

- 20% of offside replays have the same problem.

- Goal replays with several players invisible on the pitch, just the ball moving about.

- Final whistle only ever heard probably 5% of the time, every other time the game just freezes for a second to tell you its over.

But apparently the PS2 version is even worse, some GAME stores have had up to 3 copies per day returned.

Anyways, first season with City and I've played 33 with 95 points on amateur. scored 99 and let in 14, won the League Cup too after a thrilling 3-2 win over Newcastle (I was 2-0 down, ****in Shearer!) It may be just me but the game is getting slower and slower and I'm running out of fit players, thankfully Wilkshire seems to have been blessed with some serious talent so I often stick him on the end of volleys and hit the long shots with him.

Yeah, i have the PS2 version and the final whistle is not always heard that is correct. And my PS2 has frozen twice when changing to the start menu. And the Replays of the offside decisions are occasionally dodgey.

I love the game but if i'm being honest those things have all occured on mine so far.

I love the game but if i'm being honest those things have all occured on mine so far.

Me too, I'm not a fan of PES at all (its kinda available on Gamecube, called Winning Eleven) so I was well chuffed when FIFA 2004 was announced with Nationwide teams. Just a shame about the bugs.

I guess I could get the PC version, at least then I could build Ashton Gate, keep the game completely updated, speed it up a bit and do all sorts of other modifications.

Archived