IGNORED

Oliver Holt Of The Daily Mirror

somered

In todays Mirror Football Reporter Oliver Holt wants Palace to win because:

"Palace are managed by Neil Warnock.

Richard Scudamore is a City fan.

Scudamore perpetrated one of the worst football injustices of recent years when he fiddled while West ham escaped a points deduction for fielding and sent Warnock's Sheffield United down last season.

It would be nice for the Premier League's Chief Executive to get a small taste of what that kind of disappointment feels like."

There you have it then, in some quarters of the national media it appears that we are the team that should not be promoted because of Richard scudamore and his tenuous links to our club, strange!

Scudamore perpetrated one of the worst football injustices of recent years when he fiddled while West ham escaped a points deduction for fielding and sent Warnock's Sheffield United down last season.

It would be nice for the Premier League's Chief Executive to get a small taste of what that kind of disappointment feels like."

There you have it then, in some quarters of the national media it appears that we are the team that should not be promoted because of Richard scudamore and his tenuous links to our club, strange!

As a City fan Scudamore will already know what disappointment feels like - we don't need to fail (again) at the play-offs for that to happen!!

I said it before, and i'll say it again, I am ashamed that Scudamore is a city fan - i could see this bad publicity coming.

The fact he is trying to kill the game and make the premier league an elite club, makes me wonder, WHY?? why does he support city??!!

I said it before, and i'll say it again, I am ashamed that Scudamore is a city fan - i could see this bad publicity coming.

The fact he is trying to kill the game and make the premier league an elite club, makes me wonder, WHY?? why does he support city??!!

He's just waiting for us to get there - then, when we do, relegation will be a thing of the past and the Premier League will become a closed shop. But he can't wait forever!!

It is strange that they should lay all of the blame at Scudamores feet. After all it was a panel of the Premier League who decided West Hams and ultimately Sheff Utd's fate, not just Scudamore.

Strangely, Sheff Utd seem to hold no grudge towards us as many of their fans would prefer to see us go up(although they probably didn't know about the Scudamore link).

the premier league is an elite club already.it doesn't need scudamore's help for that.

it's exactly the same in scotland,france,spain,italy,germany,belgium,holland,portugal etc etc.

the same clubs are dominating all the time thanks to champions league revenue.

the premier league is an elite club already.it doesn't need scudamore's help for that.

it's exactly the same in scotland,france,spain,italy,germany,belgium,holland,portugal etc etc.

the same clubs are dominating all the time thanks to champions league revenue.

EXACTLY. so why is he trying to make them even MORE rich??

EXACTLY. so why is he trying to make them even MORE rich??

100% agree. Someone who claims to love a lower league club MUST surely have an idea of how bad the Premier League is for us and the rest of English football.

I remember him saying once that although the Premier League was set up to help the England set-up he'd rather see BCFC in the prem than England win the world cup.... personally i'd like to see both but with his work, until this season, it looked like we were getting further and further away from both.

Thank goodness for Johnson.

From football365's mediawatch column;

As an aside in his column, Holt also provides four reasons why he hopes Crystal Palace beat Bristol City in the Championship playoff semi-finals.

However, he forgot to add another, which should read: '5 - The royalties from the Neil Warnock autobiography that I ghost-wrote have just paid for a nice new conservatory'.

There have been many articles like this on web pages and in papers alike. On gthe way to work yesterday I read the Metro and it read something like, Neil Warnock will lead Crystal Palace out at Wembley despite them being near the foot of the Championship just months ago.

Now, when I read it, it was almost like it was a foregone conclusion that Palace will beat us.

I hope Gary Johnson has plenty of newspaper cuttings.

MM

• Admin

Whilst waiting to leave for work I rattled a quick email off to the Mirror's "Respond to a story" address.

When using his column to openly take the moral high ground against the "Bristol" (sic) supporting Richard "I want to make my employers richer" Scudamore, perhaps this would have carried more weight had it not become evident that Oliver Holt's support of Palace was borne just a little out of his own financial relationship with Neil Warnock whose autobiography Holt ghost wrote.

I'd have thought being a (purported) Stockport fan, Holt would recognise "Bristol" (sic) as a fellow lower league side and would realise that Scudamore had already enjoyed a "small taste of what that kind of disappointment feels like". Crystal Palace meanwhile are recognised as founder members of the Premier League behemoth Holt so despises (whilst making a living from reporting on).

I suggest that taking Warnock (and cheques for services rendered) out of the equation, Holt would be supporting David instead in this battle against Goliath.

They won't publish it but meh, made me feel better....

Whilst waiting to leave for work I rattled a quick email off to the Mirror's "Respond to a story" address.

They won't publish it but meh, made me feel better....

Good reasoned argument there Madger, so no chance of it being published in the Mirror.

I think the reason he probaly 'chose' to support City was after he made it to the position of Chief Executive of the Premier League, the PR bods there probably told him he had to have a team to look like a 'real' fan.

Obviously, as Premier League CE, he couldn't show any sort of bias and support one of its members, and therefore chose someone closer to home and someone, ultimately, unlikely ever to make it into the top division to compromise his position.

I bet Scudamore and the PR sorts must be papping themselves now. What happens if we do go up? All along he's said again and again that he supports us. He's tried to show his 'real' fan credentials. But in his position, he won't be able to do that because he'll be seen as biased and it'll be a conflict of interest.

In other words, he should, theroetically, stand down. But he's too power hungry to do that, isn't he?

If Richard Scudamore didn't investigate all the possibilities for making the Premier League the best league in the world then he wouldn't be doing his job properly. Maybe a lot of people don't agree with those possibilities, but he has to look into them all the same.

He's as entitled to be a City fan as you are, so don't get all high and mighty about how "ashamed" you are. He's a successful man who, by and large, is doing a good job. If anything I would be proud to have him as a City fan.

Oh and the guy who wrote the article is an idiot of the highest order who clearly has an unfair bias towards Neil Warnock and is abusing his position as a journalist.

If Richard Scudamore didn't investigate all the possibilities for making the Premier League the best league in the world then he wouldn't be doing his job properly. Maybe a lot of people don't agree with those possibilities, but he has to look into them all the same.

He's as entitled to be a City fan as you are, so don't get all high and mighty about how "ashamed" you are. He's a successful man who, by and large, is doing a good job. If anything I would be proud to have him as a City fan.

Oh and the guy who wrote the article is an idiot of the highest order who clearly has an unfair bias towards Neil Warnock and is abusing his position as a journalist.

doing his job? don't you think premier league makes enough money??!! They already make millions more than any other league. A real city fan would not think up such a stupid idea, which if it went ahead would kill the rest of the game - lower league clubs. including us.

If he was a real city he would know the "plan" would change football forever and what for....... greed. Scudamore might as well support man u, chelsea liverpool or arsenal.

doing his job? don't you think premier league makes enough money??!! They already make millions more than any other league. A real city fan would not think up such a stupid idea, which if it went ahead would kill the rest of the game - lower league clubs. including us.

It doesn't matter what I think. His job is to do the best for the Premier League and that's what he has to focus on.

Besides, perhaps you could explain exactly how his ideas are going to kill the rest of the game?

Are independent sports journalists meant to show open bias like this?

Because, Alan Green gets panned all the time for being a Liverpool fan.

all journalists (me being a practising one) are expected to remain neutral in their work, now that sometimes involves not going to their teams game.

I would guess that if/when we go up our games on MOTD will not be commentated on by Jonathan Pearce very often.

There are some obviously who let bais/grudges get in the way of their journalism but as to independant journo's it depends who they are submitting work to, if its a local pblication then you would expect a certain level of favouring the team(s) involved. With national publications then less so, some do but it is often only in context and as mentioned earlier in a netural peice.

Some can go OTT and ignore, dismiss etc stories or change the angle of a story to fit his or her ideas on the team/players involved.

crap journalism

Precisely - Oliver Holt moved from being Chief Football Correspondent for The Times to do the same for the Daily Bloody Mirror, that tells you all you need to know about what quality of journalism he's interested in.

This is the most tenuous reason to want a team to lose ever. There's almost certainly a more important reason for him wanting Palace to win which he's not prepared to admit. Closet Palace fan, lives in SW London or loves Neil Warnock.

#### on all counts.

From football365's mediawatch column;

Haha fantastic. Mr. Holt should find a proper job instead of going in for shameless propaganda and downright lieing for his own personal gain. I hope the bloke is suitably ashamed and treated with contempt by any serious journalists still out there.

There's almost certainly a more important reason for him wanting Palace to win which he's not prepared to admit. Closet Palace fan, lives in SW London or loves Neil Warnock.

#### on all counts.

Just like Adolf Hitler, Oliver Holt is an eagle worshipper :whistle2: ......

regalia_nurem_eagle_hitler.jpg

The Red Army to beat the Eagles as was the case in 1945.

Oliver Holt is a tit, and is loathed by a lot of Premier League fans. Amazing that he has been voted sports journalist of the year on more than one occasion.

The other week he was saying that Gareth Barry shoud show some loyalty to Aston Villa, as opposed to playing Champions League football with Liverpool, yet in the same article praised Paul Ince for his work at MK Dons, and said that if a Premeirship job came up, he should be top of the wanted list (thus ensuring him leave and show no loyalty to MK Dons)

Slightly off topic, but Oliver Holt's mum is Emily Bishop from Coronation Street. Amazing how such a lovely woman can spawn a complete ****.

I used to love watching the 1950's American sitcom 'Happy Days' which was set in Milwaukee, but now I've discovered that the serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer was born there I swear I'll never clap eyes on Potsie and Fonzie ever again.

What a 'kin liberty.

Was that tenuous enough for you Holty? Eh!!?

Archived