IGNORED

Oliver Holt Of The Daily Mirror

somered

Slightly off topic, but Oliver Holt's mum is Emily Bishop from Coronation Street. Amazing how such a lovely woman can spawn a complete ****.

He used to be a regular on Jimmy Hill's sunday Supplement and looks just like her, well he would with her wig on :icecream: I haven't watched it much since Brian Woolnough took over.

I used to love watching the 1950's American sitcom 'Happy Days' which was set in Milwaukee, but now I've discovered that the serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer was born there I swear I'll never clap eyes on Potsie and Fonzie ever again.

What a 'kin liberty.

Was that tenuous enough for you Holty? Eh!!?

:clapping:

I used to love watching the 1950's American sitcom 'Happy Days' which was set in Milwaukee, but now I've discovered that the serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer was born there I swear I'll never clap eyes on Potsie and Fonzie ever again.

What a 'kin liberty.

Was that tenuous enough for you Holty? Eh!!?

Nice one greenun. :winner_third_h4h:

When all is written and read, Oliver Holt is a crap journalist - is he Andy von Stockhausen of the Evening Post in disguise? My mind is wandering - Andy von Stockhausen sounds like a German eagle worshippers name. :whistle2:

A few years ago Sky tried to buy Man Utd to almost universal disapproval. The only journalist who thought it was it was a good idea was Oliver Holt of The Times who wrote a full page article stating why the Man Utd fans should give the takeover their full backing.

He's got no journalistic integrity and has always been more interested in lining his own pockets.

Slightly off topic, but Oliver Holt's mum is Emily Bishop from Coronation Street. Amazing how such a lovely woman can spawn a complete ****.

Loved by (mother Eileen) Derbyshire, but not so revered in Berkshire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Holt (you may also notice some unauthorised additions to this wikipedia entry, which may not be strictly true but are still quite funny nonetheless.

Loved by (mother Eileen) Derbyshire, but not so revered in Berkshire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Holt (you may also notice some unauthorised additions to this wikipedia entry, which may not be strictly true but are still quite funny nonetheless.

After reading the wikipedia article, it seems highly suspicious how this Oliver Holt character has managed to win so many journalistic awards. :noexpression: It's about time our sprinkled doughnut eating Police got off their fat backsides and investigated Oliver Holt and his journalistic buddies at the Bristol Evening Post for corruption.

If Richard Scudamore didn't investigate all the possibilities for making the Premier League the best league in the world then he wouldn't be doing his job properly. Maybe a lot of people don't agree with those possibilities, but he has to look into them all the same.

He's as entitled to be a City fan as you are, so don't get all high and mighty about how "ashamed" you are. He's a successful man who, by and large, is doing a good job. If anything I would be proud to have him as a City fan.

Oh and the guy who wrote the article is an idiot of the highest order who clearly has an unfair bias towards Neil Warnock and is abusing his position as a journalist.

Well said, couldn't have put it any better myself.

At last a journalist talking sense re: Neil Warnock, this is from Brian Reade's column in the Mirror on Saturday:

"I have to disagree with my colleague Oliver Holt about his desire to see Neil Warnock's Crystal Palace get past Bristol City in the Championship play-offs.

The thought of having to endure a diet of bitter, hypocritical, drawn-out whinging whenever Warnock perceives a slight against his club is as appealing as a dentist with a bad dose of the shakes, refusing you anaesthetic before going at your root canal with a blunt drill. Every week. For nine months."

Sums Warnock up to a tee really!

It's crass not to not want us to go up cos of Scudamore - he's just a fan and has no official connection with the club. Having said that, I doubt anybody thought there would be a conflict of interest when we were languishing near the bottom of League One.

The 39th game was a ridiculous idea, but the clubs seem to think that Scudamore has done a good job raising millions from selling TV rights and boosting the profile of the Premier League worldwide.

This has created the conditions for English football to dominate the Champions League, but, on the downside, big financial disparities in the Premier League.

As for Oliver Holt, he's always come across as rather self important and smug. I think most fair minded journalists would want us to do well cos of our manager and style of play.

At last a journalist talking sense re: Neil Warnock, this is from Brian Reade's column in the Mirror on Saturday:

"I have to disagree with my colleague Oliver Holt about his desire to see Neil Warnock's Crystal Palace get past Bristol City in the Championship play-offs.

The thought of having to endure a diet of bitter, hypocritical, drawn-out whinging whenever Warnock perceives a slight against his club is as appealing as a dentist with a bad dose of the shakes, refusing you anaesthetic before going at your root canal with a blunt drill. Every week. For nine months."

Sums Warnock up to a tee really!

Obviously a warnock fan?

Obviously a warnock fan?

Holt is the worst journalist the mirror has ever had, i lost all respect for him in the way he constantly piped up for Beckham to be put back into the England team after McClaren had dropped him all because Beckham had given him an exclusive interview from his home, his "brown-nosing" in his weekly column EVERY WEEK from then on about Beckhams return to the fore was sickening and pathetic, now, Brian Read on the other hand is a genius, his Thursday and Saturday columns are unmissable, you'd swear you were listening to Red Goblin!

Archived