IGNORED

Past Players Who Could Have Been.....

Guest Greyfriars Red

Steven Gillespie? While he was here i thought he looked a great player, he didnt get many games and didnt have much of a chance to show his worth, but i thought he looked commited for the cause and that he could do a great job, but because he hadnt played much he got shipped off to cheltenham.

Guest Greyfriars Red
Steven Gillespie? While he was here i thought he looked a great player, he didnt get many games and didnt have much of a chance to show his worth, but i thought he looked commited for the cause and that he could do a great job, but because he hadnt played much he got shipped off to cheltenham.

Steven Gillespie is at Cheltenham. Had 1 or 2 injuries but has scored a few goals and in a regular in the team.

Agree with the suggestions above. I see that no one's mentioned a certain Yeovil striker yet... (ah, just checked and someone now has)

Tommy Doc had a good career with us, though it could have been so much better if he'd looked after himself more.

And I might get laughed at for this, but as someone who saw Greg Goodridge's debut against Luton, and some of his other performances in the first half of his first season, I was expecting great things from him...

Jahed Muntasser - Came with a great reputation, did nothing at City and Ended up playing in Serie A until recently.

Mo Bokoto - again good reputation, beat a number of clubs to get him, turned out however to be pants!

Ray Atteveld - less said the better

Vegard Hansen - Started Awesome - then got homesick and buggered back off to Norway

Vilmos Sebok - Quality Defender - Suffered from Pulis syndrome!

Steven Gillespie is at Cheltenham. Had 1 or 2 injuries but has scored a few goals and in a regular in the team.

He has played 28 which havent all been starting many have been from the bench and scored 7, which to be fair isnt bad half fit, and considering these goals have been split with the likes of Spencers & Odejays its not too bad. i just feel he was forced out of here having only made 12 appearances.

Scott Brown.

Always thought we had discovered a real gem in young Scotty & thought he would go on to great things.

DITO. I was (& still am!!!) when GJ shown him the door. I thought he would do well for us in the champonship. He is one of those cheeky scousers (Bless him :D ) .He scored some good goals @ the right time for us.

Guest ashtonyate
Mark McGhee. Played for City youth - wasn't wanted. Next I heard he was winning European trophies with Aberdeen

Mark McGee went back to Scotland home sick we still held his registration in England for a long time

has to be the Cheese!

I had the pleasure of watching him for a couple of seasons and the guy was an awesome player. I sometimes wonder wether City would have survived a bit longer in the top flight if Cheese hadnt been injured by Peter 'git' Shilton. Bear in mind that he was replaced with an ex-England international(Joe Royle) and a Scottish one(Peter Cormack). IMHO Cheese was a far better player than either.

I would imagine he would have eventually left us for alot of money and feel certain he would have led the England front line instead of people like Mariner etc. Cheese was a better player,simple as that!

U REDS

Keith Fear, the club management always said that he could end up playing for England or Bath City, it was all down to him. Saw him play for Bath once, he still looked class inbetween looking decidedly lazy, pretty much the same as his City career!

Guest Eamer
The swiss/Austrialian Agostino (what was his first name!)- went off to Munich 1860, rumoured that ne of the Milan teams was to pick him up but not sure what happended after that... anyone

Paul Agostino was Australian and played for Munich 1860 and has just moved to a team in the Australian leagues I believe. He was my favourite player. Remember him scoring 5 in a 9-2 win against St. Albans.

to be honest i will go along with Matthews as well.

Loved his time here, great commitment, powerful when fit and good finishing. But his body simply could not cope with League One

:surrender: Good luck Lee, where-ever you our

Made 10 sub appearences for Crewe last season.

Marc Goodfellow for me. I rated him and thought he was quality while he was with City. Scored a few goals considering he played out wide as well. Went on to score some cracking goals for Swansea too but no idea where he is now?

Last seen at Bury.

Paul Agostino was Australian and played for Munich 1860 and has just moved to a team in the Australian leagues I believe. He was my favourite player. Remember him scoring 5 in a 9-2 win against St. Albans.

Thanks - didn't he have dual nationality and could have played for about 4 international teams - Aus,Italy,Swiss and uk?

Always thought Rob Newman would hit a top 10 club and was disappointed he went to Norwich.

Keith Curle should have done better too - England cap but got all shook up by playing right back and never really recovered - there was a rumour that Man Utd were in for him and a scout was watching when he broke his leg - damn shame as he went to Reading then Wimbledon and then Man City?

Kevin Mabbutt was the better player of the Mabbutt brothers - unfortunately he did his knee/leg at Crystal Palace and surgery wasnt what it is now - lives in California - been there for quite a while and part of the footballing association I believe.

Always thought Rob Newman would hit a top 10 club and was disappointed he went to Norwich.

Keith Curle should have done better too - England cap but got all shook up by playing right back and never really recovered - there was a rumour that Man Utd were in for him and a scout was watching when he broke his leg - damn shame as he went to Reading then Wimbledon and then Man City?

Kevin Mabbutt was the better player of the Mabbutt brothers - unfortunately he did his knee/leg at Crystal Palace and surgery wasnt what it is now - lives in California - been there for quite a while and part of the footballing association I believe.

Is Keith Curle the guy who had a spell as Torquay manager last season?

Scott Brown.

Always thought we had discovered a real gem in young Scotty & thought he would go on to great things.

I agree totally, i just cant see why Johnson got rid of him. He was in great form, and had a belter of a game at Bournemouth and almost scored a screamer which came back off the post. A tackling midfielder who could score goals and had a bit of pace.

Nevermind, at least we got Brian Wilson.... :doh:

Archived