IGNORED

City V Scunthorpe

My son LUKE DAVEY died tragically on the 21st july and he was an avid city supporter. I would be honoured if you can all sing at the top of your voices for him on the 1st home match of the season. He very raraly missed a game and i know he will be there in spirit urging them on. he lived his life to the full and city was a huge part of it. so please make his mum proud and sing your hearts out 4 him. :pray:

I heard about Luke's death through my old college mate Mitchell James who i'm sure you know, i'm very sorry to hear about it and it puts life into perspective, it's so important and has to be appreciated and i only spoke to Luke once on the opening day of college but he seemed a really cheerful and funny lad, remember he's in a more peaceful place now where no harm can be done, sorry again. :(

ill be more than to raise my voice with many others at the first home game for Luke! :)

can't you get in touch with the club aswell and ask them to comment on your son over the tannoy on the opening game and get them to say make some noise for luke or something I'm sure they wouldnt mind doin that and sorry to hear of your loss.

My son LUKE DAVEY died tragically on the 21st july and he was an avid city supporter. I would be honoured if you can all sing at the top of your voices for him on the 1st home match of the season. He very raraly missed a game and i know he will be there in spirit urging them on. he lived his life to the full and city was a huge part of it. so please make his mum proud and sing your hearts out 4 him. :pray:

Vicky I'm so so sorry to hear of the loss of your wonderful son "Luke".

I hope anyone reading your thread will take a moment before the kick off to bow their heads and say a few words in respect to the lad.

My wife and i certainly will do.

Love to all your family. Arn and Lis ................x

R.I.P Luke.

This happened just a couple of minutes down the road from me and everytime I have passed I have seen many people paying their respects.

I knew him and went to the same school as him and his brother was in my year.

Feeling very sorry for him and your whole family.

If you would like to know who I am, its Jack S. Danny will know me.

I didn't know Luke personally......by name anyway, I know so many people at AG by nicknames or just by face, but I'll gladly dedicate the first match report and ratings I do, both on this website, the ST website and the first one I do for the EP, to him.

Sounds like he died young and it really puts things like work problems and football into perspective.

Rest in Peace.

BB

I shall spare a thought both now and on the first home gfame for him. It sounds like you are giving him a send off he will be delighted with and I am sure he will be proud of the boys and the fans against Scunny.

RIP Luke.

Luke

• Admin

Really sorry to hear about your loss, condolences to all those that were fortunate enough to have known him!

(You need to get your request into the match programme or into the local press, there is only a small minority of City fans that read this site)

Guest bcfccider

RIP Luke. My condolences to the family

I was really sad to hear this about Luke from Mitchell's father (with whom I work). I am going to get the BCFC ties for Mitchell and Trevor for the funeral.

Will sing up as loud as I can.

I just want to bump this one back up.

If ever there was a reason to scream and shout at a game, this is it. Luke was a great lad and nothing would make him happier then seeing thousands of City fans roar their team onto victory.

:city:

Archived