IGNORED

Jamie Cooper - are some city fans hypocrites

Mrdc

I think what this forum is doing for Jamie Cooper is fantastic.

I have never really had a problem with Rovers, but to think only a week ago quite a few city fans were saying a lot of very offensive and personel thing about Rovers fans and players etc, I cannot help but feel that some City fans are being a bit hypocritical now that they really want to help Jamie Cooper.

I have never really had a problem with Rovers, but to think only a week ago quite a few city fans were saying a lot of very offensive and personel thing about Rovers fans and players etc, I cannot help but feel that some City fans are being a bit hypocritical now that they really want to help Jamie Cooper.

This has absoloutley nothing to do with City or Rovers.

I tend to agree and disagree.

The jibes were aimed at the whole and not the individual and in the heat of the moment. What the fans are trying to do here is help an individual who has put his life on the line to help OUR country to enjoy a day out supporting his team. We not helping the club or their fans as a whole.

I wasn't one that was saying offensive things but was angry at the time but should have been angry with our own team for not producing. But in the end I will support this guy to have a good day out.

Yes there is hostility towards Rovers, seeing as we have just played them recently, but that will pass and the chances are we may not play them again in a comptetive game for a very long time.

Good luck to the fund raising and good luck to the soldier.

MM

Blimey mate, irrespective of what i think about the Rovers or perhaps even their fans, this is just a Red side of Bristol tribute to the heroics and injurys this lad has been through!!!!!

I hope your big enough to drop your comment mucker.

A little harsh but you're entitled to your opinion.

The way I see this this is that life has been put in to perspective once again. This is fantastic proof that both sets of fans can unite. They can set aside their differences and pull together for something many believe to be worth while. No-one is under any obligation to donate and, even if those that have said something bad or derogatory against the rovers choose to donate, in my opinion this is not hypocritical. Who are we to judge? People may be eating humble pie whereas others can deal with the differences between their dislike for the opposition and their compassion for another human being.

To me, this isn't about who supports which team, this is about people showing a good side of their humanity to help another human being without prejudice. I don't care how pompous that sounds.

can see what you are saying......however hypocritics on this forum...shock

A little harsh but you're entitled to your opinion.

The way I see this this is that life has been put in to perspective once again. This is fantastic proof that both sets of fans can unite. They can set aside their differences and pull together for something many believe to be worth while. No-one is under any obligation to donate and, even if those that have said something bad or derogatory against the rovers choose to donate, in my opinion this is not hypocritical. Who are we to judge? People may be eating humble pie whereas others can deal with the differences between their dislike for the opposition and their compassion for another human being.

To me, this isn't about who supports which team, this is about people showing a good side of their humanity to help another human being without prejudice. I don't care how pompous that sounds.

don't sound pompous at all Jay.

Albeit, fans on this forum will bicker and row with each other over things they don't agree on, this is a totally different scenrio.

This lad deserves 100% respect, and its nice to see he,s getting that from all fans mate......

I havnt really paid any attention to the whole Jamie Cooper thing..

Personally, I'd be happy to rally around for a donation for a City/Gas/Football fan who was suffering from some life threatening disease..

Rather than someone who chose to join the army and got ill in the process (ok he contracted MRSA thats bad luck but still).

Yes I have compassion, but perhaps not as loaded as some on here!

:unsure:

Personally, I'd be happy to rally around for a donation for a City/Gas/Football fan who was suffering from some life threatening disease..

Rather than someone who chose to join the army and got ill in the process (ok he contracted MRSA thats bad luck but still).

Controversial.

Well if know one chose to join the army you and me as young males would probably be forced to join the army or face imprisonment, so have some respect.

Controversial.

Well if know one chose to join the army you and me as young males would probably be forced to join the army or face imprisonment, so have some respect.

I'm sure Bush would send his chum some aid if that was the case.

Fair point, I wont be donating, but lets hope the lad still has his day.

I'm sure Bush would send his chum some aid if that was the case.

Fair point, I wont be donating, but lets hope the lad still has his day.

And Bush' days as the president of the USA are officially numbered.

I don't think that Hillary 'everything is rosy' Clinton or that other geezer would have the same generosity as far as war goes.

I don't think people are donating becuase he's a gashead. It's more, as someone else says, because he put his life on the line to protect our country, and more importantly us.

Even if he did choose to join the army, the fact he did derserves praise on its own. You wouldn't catch 99% of people on here joining the army just before a war.

I don't like the Rovers, lets get that clear.

Now I don't want anyone to think there's any logic in that.

Oh no, it's far simpler than that.It's a simple football hatred that stretches back generations and there's no rhyme, reason or rationale for it.Now, having sorted that one out, we'll move on to this young man who, like yours truly, served in the armed forces.

I was lucky in that I exited the services aftet learning a trade.Representing them at sport took up a lot of my time, which, at 21 was just what I wanted, thank you very much.I was never in an actual war zone although Northern Ireland wasn't the friendliest place way back then!

For one thing, Jamie's a Bristol kid.Big plus!

Secondly, and perhaps even more curiously, I've got more time for a bloke that follows the Rovers home and away, than some Glory Hunter with no more connection to Chelsea than the moon, jumping on a bus to London every other week and adorning his bedroom with pictures of John Terry.

Thirdly, the lads done his bit for us and his duty to our country.Now, before somebody who doesn't agree with the war, the govt....etc, etc, goes into one let me confirm that CHOICE is a seldom used phrase in the services.I know he joined from choice but that was probably more about wanting a steady job, to play sport and learn a trade, than wanting to be a hero or wanting a tear up in a country thousands of miles away.

For those reasons, he'll get my help.

It's bad enough being injured, but imagine being a Rovers Fan!! :noexpression:

And before anyone asks, I'll be supporting the Rovers at the Millenium!!

DONCASTER ROVERS :winner_third_h4h:

Sorry Jamie, but there's only so far I can go. :D

Controversial.

An excellent point Collis, Switzerland and Israel for instance still have compulsory national service.

Interesting to note also that Tony Blair played a big part in starting the war with Iraq. I note also that Tony Blair's son Euwen did not sign up to fight in the war that his dad helped to start when he left Bristol University. In fact, Euwen Blair was spirited off to the Americas where the last I heard of him was when he had food poisoning in the Bahamas. Get your act together Tory Blair and Co. - don't start wars that you or your families aren't prepared to fight for yourselves !!!!!!!......

bushmemogateom2.jpg

An excellent point Collis, Switzerland and Israel for instance still have compulsory national service.

Interesting to note also that Tony Blair played a big part in starting the war with Iraq. I note also that Tony Blair's son Euwen did not sign up to fight in the war that his dad helped to start when he left Bristol University. In fact, Euwen Blair was spirited off to the Americas where the last I heard of him was when he had food poisoning in the Bahamas. Get your act together Tory Blair and Co. - don't start wars that you or your families aren't prepared to fight for yourselves !!!!!!!......

bushmemogateom2.jpg

Goblin, may i ask, have you a fleet of armoured tanks on route to Chesterfield this evening? :dancing2:

Goblin, may i ask, have you a fleet of armoured tanks on route to Chesterfield this evening? :dancing2:

Unfortunately I had to work today so I'll have to watch for our result on teletext and my recently renovated Stalin Tank thus remains untested on an away trip. :doh:

If you want a lift in a tank then I recommend you use Dolly Marie's T34 Red Army tank for the Millwall trip. It was actually equipped with cider barrels are beer taps for the discerning BCFC away tripper. Arrive at the New Den Millwall in comfort and safety and in a drunken stupor is our motto. :innocent06: Unfortunately I can't find the photo of it on this website.

As you may remember, from the post below from last year, she was very successful as commander of her very own Dolly Marie division on last season's trip to Walsall. :winner_third_h4h:

To avoid the destruction of the M5 motorway's tarmac, - units of the BCFC Cider Army use the fields at the side for the trip to Walsall last April....

t34_76_8.jpg

Units of the BCFC Red Army 'Dolly Marie' division take Walsall centre with their WWII T34 tanks, absolutely no sign of any corrupt West Midlands Royalist Gestapo Police :shifty: .......

t34_76_7.jpg

PS and we beat Walsall FC 0-3 !!!!!!

Unfortunately I had to work today so I'll have to watch for our result on teletext and my recently renovated Stalin Tank thus remains untested on an away trip. :doh:

If you want a lift in a tank then I recommend you use Dolly Marie's T34 Red Army tank for the Millwall trip. It was actually equipped with cider barrels are beer taps for the discerning BCFC away tripper. Arrive at the New Den Millwall in comfort and safety and in a drunken stupor is our motto. :innocent06: Unfortunately I can't find the photo of it on this website.

As you may remember, from the post below from last year, she was very successful as commander of her very own Dolly Marie division on last season's trip to Walsall. :winner_third_h4h:

To avoid the destruction of the M5 motorway's tarmac, - units of the BCFC Cider Army use the fields at the side for the trip to Walsall last April....

t34_76_8.jpg

Units of the BCFC Red Army 'Dolly Marie' division take Walsall centre with their WWII T34 tanks, absolutely no sign of any corrupt West Midlands Royalist Gestapo Police :shifty: .......

t34_76_7.jpg

PS and we beat Walsall FC 0-3 !!!!!!

Quality RG, and always raises a smile!!!!

Heard Miss Marie has been promoted to Chief Commander?

Football is a deep routed social institution, no matter how engrained into our individual psychology it may be it doesn't change that I'm sorry.

We're talking Humanitarianism here, he's a fellow young Man from Bristol who's come within an inch of his life due to having way more courage than I'm sure the vast majorety on here could muster, whether he be slightly unhinged for putting himself through this in the first place or not isn't the issue for me, neither are the justifications of the crisis, (it could've been me he'd be protecting).

He's got my respect farover the average bod and is therefore worthy of a pint or three on me.

It's got nothing to do with the football team that this lad supports.

.........and also, he's not the one asking us to be nice to him is he?

I could give money to starving kids in Africa or something similar but I'd rather donate to a worthy cause closer to home and this lad deserves to have his special day out. The fact that he's a Bristol Rovers fan doesn't even come into it......I'm sure that the majority of Gasheads out there would do the same thing for one of 'ours' if he/she was in a similar situation.

Well done to everyone who has...... or who will be donating to Jamie's special day out.

Quality RG, and always raises a smile!!!!

Heard Miss Marie has been promoted to Chief Commander?

Thanks boss. I found the piccie of the tank that Dolly Marie bought (below) and then some enlightened cider army engineer converted the diesel barrels at the back to cider barrels and put beer taps on the turret. :dancing2: Dolly Marie was happily smiling at the turret hatch serving pints of cider - I wish I could find that piccie. :rofl2br:

02-T34-85,Sinsheim.jpg

anyone who serves their country deserves a pat on the back, and to be treated well. sadly these days it don't happen.

It should be a given, but it aint.

Not sure hypocritical is the word.

but you can't help but think if more people did more to stop this war going ahead and were more vocal regarding the superbug problems being experienced in the hospitals, a lot of heartache could be prevented.

The observation that he chose to join the army as a job is also a fair point.

Would a gashead who served in Iraq and is simply poor get the same treatment? I'm not so sure.

This is a nice touch from the City fans but will do nothing to prevent more deaths in Iraq or difficulties as a result of the superbug epidemic in the NHS.

but you can't help but think if more people did more to stop this war going ahead and were more vocal regarding the superbug problems being experienced in the hospitals, a lot of heartache could be prevented.

Sir, around a million people marched on Parliament in protest at the war in Iraq. What more can people do to persuade the Government when our Government doesn't listen to ordinary people ????!!!!!! :noexpression:

However, I can offer a world renowned man of action from England's past who will frighten the politicians into listening to us....

End the tyranny of our 'politically correct' oppressors that did deny us our birthright to stand on Ye Olde East End terrace and our right to chant obscenities without fear of Royalist Gestapo Police reprisals. Vote into Parliament a real nightmare for the football supporter hating politicians........vote for the man of action.........VOTE FOR GUY FAWKES !!!!!!..........

fawkespg0.jpg

Sir, around a million people marched on Parliament in protest at the war in Iraq. What more can people do to persuade the Government when our Government doesn't listen to ordinary people ????!!!!!! :noexpression:

However, I can offer a world renowned man of action from England's past who will frighten the politicians into listening to us....

End the tyranny of our 'politically correct' oppressors that did deny us our birthright to stand on Ye Olde East End terrace and our right to chant obscenities without fear of Royalist Gestapo Police reprisals. Vote into Parliament a real nightmare for the football supporter hating politicians........vote for the man of action.........VOTE FOR GUY FAWKES !!!!!!..........

fawkespg0.jpg

you know the answer to that - revolution. Its happened far more often in thye recent history of Europe than most people think.

But people are far too busy shopping to worry about principals.

you know the answer to that - revolution. Its happened far more often in thye recent history of Europe than most people think.

But people are far too busy shopping to worry about principals.

When there's no food in the shops to shop for that's when you get revolution. In Europe it most noteably happened in 18th Century France and in Russia during the first world war. It usually ends with a massive people's army overthrowing the Government and then executing the Royals, the Aristocrats and the Plutocrats en masse.

We are the People !!!!!!!!

When there's no food in the shops to shop for that's when you get revolution. In Europe it most noteably happened in 18th Century France and in Russia during the first world war. It usually ends with a massive people's army overthrowing the Government and then executing the Royals, the Aristocrats and the Plutocrats en masse.

We are the People !!!!!!!!

Well there is little chance of that with the global resources of big business in this country, the kids of africa can starve while we gorge ourselves to death and the government continue to threated the relative peace in the world.

Your earleir point about a million people marching on london is valid though - if only there was an alternative in the polling booths.

Well there is little chance of that with the global resources of big business in this country, the kids of africa can starve while we gorge ourselves to death and the government continue to threated the relative peace in the world.

Your earleir point about a million people marching on london is valid though - if only there was an alternative in the polling booths.

Our Government has got to our minds through our stomachs with an amazing variety of food and drink for us to gorge - more food and more choice than at any time in our history. We're becoming fat while Africa starves - but are most of those people with full bellies really bothered for those that are starving? :noexpression: Our Government knows and is rest assured that most people aren't bothered.

Interestingly, present day England was prophesised in print for all to read in the early to mid 20th Century. Aldust Huxley's 'Brave New World' - a world of drugs, sex and shopping and George Orwell's '1984' - the totalitarian television 'big brother' state that terrifies and subjugates its population and is at permanent war with the East. At present we're somewhere between those two visions of shopping, sex, drugs and a totalitarian state's war with the East.

Soldiers in Irag are not serving their country, they are serving the interests of business.

In my view its up to their employers to 'treat them well'

soldiers in iraq are serving there country and fighting to give what me and you take for granted (freedom)and deserve the respect !

they join the army to serve and protect there country wherever they are sent to in the world ! and should be given the respect that they deserve as they are prepared to fight and sadly die for there country

Archived