IGNORED

Fa Let Warnock Off, Jordan Asked To Explain Comments

Percy Parrot

That should be interesting. He could end up getting himself in more trouble if he has to open his mouth in front of a panel.

Given how much Jordan loves the sound of his own voice, i'd like to think he'll leave FA HQ in more trouble than when he arrived!

I do think that he needs to be made an example of, not least for suggesting that he would send his assistant down to tell Warnock to allow the opposition a free goal if the situation on Saturday were reversed. ''Yes of course, Mr Chairman. I'll just advise my chief advocate of fair play, and Captain, Shaun Derry to allow the opposition to walk in a goal and we'll all share a glass of Pimms in celebration at our wonderful sense of justice after the game. Regards, 'Mr Integrity' - Neil Warnock''.

The thing with Warnocks comments was he did not say we are cheats...

He said they had been cheated and gave the opinion that we should of "owned up"

But he did'nt directly call us cheats - But we all know what he was implying!

Tango man on the other hand, said we cheated - so the fa should punish him.

If not, I think the club should take legal action against him for his unfounded claim

Simon Jordan will get away with his comments, he always does.

Neil Warnock will be given a verbal warning I expect - because its Neil Warnock. If it was Gary Johnson or any other normal manager he would be given a 5 match touchline ban and a fine.

What makes me laugh is that just for Warnocks rant at the linesman and the fourth official during the match most managers would have been given a ban just for that! But his comments have over shadowed that incident and to have Keith Hacketts backing too then Warnock is on course to get away with it.

But i see Sammy Lee from Liverpool has been charged for having a go in the Tottenham match and he was less outspoken than Warnock!! Strange this FA!!

Indeed.

Are we to assume that Warnock's interaction with the fourth official is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the FA?

The thing with Warnocks comments was he did not say we are cheats...

He said they had been cheated and gave the opinion that we should of "owned up"

But he did'nt directly call us cheats - But we all know what he was implying!

Tango man on the other hand, said we cheated - so the fa should punish him.

If not, I think the club should take legal action against him for his unfounded claim

And the other bloke the club's lawyers should be having a word with is the Telegraph's football correspondent, Henry Winter, about whom there was a separate thread here the other day. He categorically accused us of cheating, in print. I sent him an email letting him know (politely, naturally) what I thought about that, as did Greebo, I think, among others. Haven't been favoured with the courtesy of an acknowledgement, of course.

Indeed.

Are we to assume that Warnock's interaction with the fourth official is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the FA?

I can't believe he has managed to side step this. The FA are trying to promote respect to the officials and in my opinion Warnock didn't really show a great deal of respect for anybody in his touchline rant. He even tip-toes into our technical area, which I would have thought was some kind of offense. Don't get me wrong I'm not wet behind the ears, but I think he is as much to blame in this situation as his side-kick Jordan.

And the other bloke the club's lawyers should be having a word with is the Telegraph's football correspondent, Henry Winter, about whom there was a separate thread here the other day. He categorically accused us of cheating, in print. I sent him an email letting him know (politely, naturally) what I thought about that, as did Greebo, I think, among others. Haven't been favoured with the courtesy of an acknowledgement, of course.

Me neither. I won't hold my breath.

No answer from Henry Winter yet. Perhaps the receipt of e-mails that comprehensively tear his arguments apart without resorting to personal abuse, vitriol or mud slinging has confused the poor bloke or perhaps it has made it crystal clear to him how hypocritical and poorly reserached his article really was.

Can't believe the FA. Bang on about Respect and they seem to think he's not worth challenging. :-(

Exactly right.

The 'Respect' campaign is supposed to be a uniform code of conduct from the very highest level right down to grassroots.

I can only presume, given that the FA finds his behaviour acceptable, that it's absolutely fine for me to react in the same way when I'm coaching kids.

Exactly right.

The 'Respect' campaign is supposed to be a uniform code of conduct from the very highest level right down to grassroots.

I can only presume, given that the FA finds his behaviour acceptable, that it's absolutely fine for me to react in the same way when I'm coaching kids.

No not at all, there is obviously 1 rule for colin and 1 for everybody else, i base this statement on colins previous misdemeanors, what signal is this sending out, bloody disgrace.

Its exactly what you would expect from the Gentlemen that are the FA. It does appear that its one rule for one and a totally different set of rules when your surname is Warnock. His actions are no different than Sammy Lees or Darren Ferguson. Is it really any wonder that the opinion of this campaign the FA want to call RESPECT is laughed at by so many.

Its exactly what you would expect from the Gentlemen that are the FA. It does appear that its one rule for one and a totally different set of rules when your surname is Warnock. His actions are no different than Sammy Lees or Darren Ferguson. Is it really any wonder that the opinion of this campaign the FA want to call RESPECT is laughed at by so many.

I've just emailed the FA for clarification on that very issue.

I find it absolutely staggering that Warnock's actions, never mind the words, are deemed to be 'respectable' by the FA.What an example to show everyone involved in football.

I guess the FA are very aware of the bad decision their referee made and by clearing Warnock piles more trouble on the officials, ie trying to right the wrong. To me it's not about a right or wrong decision but how Warnock and Co lost control afterwards, disgraceful.

Shame on the FA, but I hope they throw the book at Jordan.

I've sent the following email to the FA:

As an FA qualified coach at grassroots level, I was wondering if you could tell me why Neil Warnock's behaviour towards the 4th official, in the game between Bristol City and Crystal Palace, after Freddie Sears' goal was disallowed, is considered acceptable by the FA.

It has come to my attention that Mr Warnock is not to face a disciplinary hearing for his outburst, despite all coaches and managers having signed up to the FA Respect codes of conduct this season.

I would ask you to read the Respect Codes Of Conduct For Coaches, watch footage of Mr Warnock's reaction to the 4th official and tell me why he isn't considered to have been in breach of the codes of conduct he signed up to and that you, as a governing body in football, are supposed to uphold.

It is hard enough to get people to behave in a respectful manager at grassroots level as it is, without people like Mr Warnock showing such blatant disregard for the codes in place.

However, when the FA itself fails to censure high profile individuals for such behaviour, it makes our job nigh on impossible.

To be honest, it makes me want to give up bothering, when there is clearly no support of the campaign at FA level.

I await your response with interest.

Regards,

Huw Griffiths

The FA have now made a rod for their own backs (No surprise there then :whistle2: ). If they were to look at the footage of NW confronting & (What looked like squaring up) to the 4th official out side his managers aria they should have fined & given his a touch line ban. I now hope that every future manager up for a disciplinary refer's to his actions every time as the FA except it as 'Correct to do'.

It did though at the time of the incident amaze me the 4th official let him get away with what he was doing and gesturing.

As an FA qualified coach at grassroots level, I was wondering if you could tell me why Neil Warnock's behaviour towards the 4th official, in the game between Bristol City and Crystal Palace, after Freddie Sears' goal was disallowed, is considered acceptable by the FA.

It has come to my attention that Mr Warnock is not to face a disciplinary hearing for his outburst, despite all coaches and managers having signed up to the FA Respect codes of conduct this season.

I would ask you to read the Respect Codes Of Conduct For Coaches, watch footage of Mr Warnock's reaction to the 4th official and tell me why he isn't considered to have been in breach of the codes of conduct he signed up to and that you, as a governing body in football, are supposed to uphold.

It is hard enough to get people to behave in a respectful manager at grassroots level as it is, without people like Mr Warnock showing such blatant disregard for the codes in place.

However, when the FA itself fails to censure high profile individuals for such behaviour, it makes our job nigh on impossible.

To be honest, it makes me want to give up bothering, when there is clearly no support of the campaign at FA level.

Regards,

Huw Griffiths

Well said. Will they have the guts to answer?

Regards,

Huw Griffiths

Edson you beat me to it mate :clapping: Good one on the email to the FA buddy :clap::clap::clap::clap: .

No answer from Henry Winter yet. Perhaps the receipt of e-mails that comprehensively tear his arguments apart without resorting to personal abuse, vitriol or mud slinging has confused the poor bloke or perhaps it has made it crystal clear to him how hypocritical and poorly reserached his article really was.

I have never much liked Winter as a football writer; this episode has confirmed my opinion of him. Interestingly, I have occasionally come across bits of evidence that some people in the wider football community dislike the bloke as well. I was watching an England game earlier this year, for instance, when David Pleat, who was the summariser, had a sideswipe at him on air for something he had written.

It pees me off that he can write something as libelous as he did in a national newspaper, without offering any tangible evidence to support his allegations, and then blithely ignore legitimate correspondence on the subject from people who were, unlike him, present at the match, all apparently without fear of censure and without having to justify himself. It really is an abuse of his position as a journalist.

Maybe the club feels that the hassle and expense of pursuing the matter isn't worth it, because I'm sure someone at Ashton Gate must be aware of his article. (imon Jordan has, after all, been asked to account for himself to the FA for making more or less identical remarks). Either that, or City's lawyers don't feel they would have a case, though I find that hard to believe: the accusation was so blatant. Pity we don't seem to have any forum members who are also members of the legal profession.

I have never much liked Winter as a football writer; this episode has confirmed my opinion of him. Interestingly, I have occasionally come across bits of evidence that some people in the wider football community dislike the bloke as well. I was watching an England game earlier this year, for instance, when David Pleat, who was the summariser, had a sideswipe at him on air for something he had written.

It pees me off that he can write something as libelous as he did in a national newspaper, without offering any tangible evidence to support his allegations, and then blithely ignore legitimate correspondence on the subject from people who were, unlike him, present at the match, all apparently without fear of censure and without having to justify himself. It really is an abuse of his position as a journalist.

Maybe the club feels that the hassle and expense of pursuing the matter isn't worth it, because I'm sure someone at Ashton Gate must be aware of his article. (imon Jordan has, after all, been asked to account for himself to the FA for making more or less identical remarks). Either that, or City's lawyers don't feel they would have a case, though I find that hard to believe: the accusation was so blatant. Pity we don't seem to have any forum members who are also members of the legal profession.

I think in the case of libel or slander you need to prove to a court of law that you have suffered/ or will suffer a personal loss because of the actions of such comments, not sure in the case for bcfc if this would be worth persuing.

Regards,

Huw Griffiths

Should surely be manner?

:innocent06:

On a serious note, great letter Edson. I hope they do show you the courtesy of replying as I would be very interested to hear how they defend it :\

Should surely be manner?

:innocent06:

On a serious note, great letter Edson. I hope they do show you the courtesy of replying as I would be very interested to hear how they defend it :\

Fair point.

It was one of those crappy contact forms where you can't really see what you've written, so it was hard to proof read. Or something.

Archived