IGNORED

A Game Of Two Halfs

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Quality first half, clueless defending in the second

The reason?

Heywood off, Fortune on

Heywood was a rock at the back, eating everything in the air

Fortune, ummm well he ummm didn't do much.

Only a friendly but Murray looked the business, Grant Smith looked dangerous and Russel was hard working. Cotterill looked quality going forward too, infact he really is going to be a quality player.

Overall not impressed with losing a 3 goal lead, friendly or not.

Time is running out to get the first 11 sorted, but what a joy it is to have such a selection headache.

I think its fair to say that Fortune/Keogh will not be our centre halves this season. They conceded 3 at Mangotsfield and 3 at Cheltenham when paired. Whilst everyone is having a pop at Fortune for his performance at Cheltenham (fair enough) I thought he showed up better than Heywood at the Gas.

It was disappointing not to see Bridges and Stewart play together.

I was quietly impressed with Bridges, not just in the way he played but also his attitude.

He is bigger than I thought but when he is match fit he will be a handful for most defences. I have a sneaky feeling that he will make a bigger impact than Stewart.

Bridges had some nice touches and also brought others in to the game. That was something that Lita rarely did.

Last night was the first time I have sent Stewart in a City shirt. Problem last night was that he became the target man when clearly he is more suited to playing off of a target man.

Like most people who were at the game I was very impressed with Heywood. Not too much is going to get past him this season. If Partridge is as good as people say then the defence should not be too much of a worry, particularly with Keogh as back up.

In Keogh I can see a future City captain if we can keep hold of him.

Overall there were positives and negatives to come out of last night. First half we were excellent, second half not so. I am not sure that the Heywood/Fortune switch was the main reason. The number of subs and players playing out of position may not have helped. Russell looked as though he could be quality and Grant Smith also looks up for it.

It was disappointing to lose a three goal lead, friendly or not. We also need to start playing to our forwards strengths. Last night the full backs did not get forward enough which left the wide men isolated and reduced the supply to the strikers.

Archived