IGNORED

New Stand

PhatWill

What with these new debenture seats being put into the Williams stand and the 'Roll of honour' (which sounds rubbish) being put in the Dolman bar, anyone would think that these plans are being put forward as an ALTERNATIVE to the new stand not something just to pass the time by!

My bet - unless something dramatic happens this season and City get promoted we won't see any new stand this DECADE...

When the plans do re-surface in a few years time lets make sure the fans get more of a say. Get the Supporters Trust involved - build a proper, big stand that holds 6,000+

Extremely worrying that they (board) are looking at improving the outdated and totally inadequate Williams Stand! That basically says the will not be getting replaced the very near future. The plans are just indicative and what you would come to expect from the people that allegedly run our football club!!!

yep - its pretty obvious that had the new stand been built then the williams would have been next, its well past it's sell by date, built in the 1950s and looks it. The occupants plus the VIPs, press etc would have been accomodated in the new stand while it was replaced, investing in it now makes it highly likely that the new stand is off for the forseeable. I would guess that the new stand ceased to be economic when we failed to go up last season

yep - its pretty obvious that had the new stand been built then the williams would have been next, its well past it's sell by date, built in the 1950s and looks it. The occupants plus the VIPs, press etc would have been accomodated in the new stand while it was replaced, investing in it now makes it highly likely that the new stand is off for the forseeable. I would guess that the new stand ceased to be economic when we failed to go up last season

Anyone have a photo of what was there before the Williams was built? Was it a stand? Terracing? Bit of a field (you might scoff, but anyone remember the bit of field at the open end of Wigan's previous ground?)

I think that the stand that was there before was blown up by Adolf and the Williams was built after the war with the compensation. So we have the Wedlock built in 1928, the Williams in the late 1940's, the Dolman in about 1970 and the Atyeo in 1990. On that basis, it's far too early to build another stand, it isn't due until 2010.

Archived