IGNORED

A Simple Solution

BB.

Guest keith's tache

I'd gladly pay to stand up behind the goal. The season ticket holder next to me is so fat he's always got half a buttock on my seat. He also smells of onions.

Have you not noticed all the new stadium, all seaters, far better than some shabby terrace like Cardiff!

Football Authorities decide whats best, and terracing has proven to provoke trouble!

All seaters are better in your opinion, not in mine, thats why I think there should be a choice.

Football authorities allow us to have terracing.

How does terracing provoke trouble?

Guest Harvey9

I'd gladly pay to stand up behind the goal. The season ticket holder next to me is so fat he's always got half a buttock on my seat. He also smells of onions.

don't know why, but i laughed a lot at that :rofl2br:

Would you be prepared to pay the same price to stand that you do for a seat at present?

thats just plain awful keithie tache. i mean you gotta complain to the aurthorities and get a discount.

better still get fat bloke onion features to go off somewhere else.

shambolic

But if you were standing up next to Fat Frenchie just think where his buttocks would be then. :w00t:

doesn't make any sense?

1st off, where would the families then go?.........why should family season ticket holders be moved to incorporate a few people who want terracing?

2nd........why do people actually want terracing? it's so 70's and 80's and not worth the hassle,

3rd you couldn't control how many people go in the area, as people would spill over from the dolman stand

and finally are people really going to want to stand there and get totally soaked? what happens when it rains? everyone will want to go and sit back in the dolman? which they will not be allowed to do.

sounds like a recepie for total chaos!!! unless people can actually come up with a decent propostion, it will sound just as pointless as re-opening the east end to home fans.

doesn't make any sense?

1st off, where would the families then go?.........why should family season ticket holders be moved to incorporate a few people who want terracing?

Fair comment, but look at it this way, the East End is used for families and away fans, the Atyeo has a familiy enclosure and the whole stand is effectively the unofficial family stand, the Lower Dolman is the old family enclosure and many families have remaind. See what I'm getting at? I've nothing against families going to Aston Gate, but they have taken over the majority of the ground. We need just one area (Lower Williams in my opinion) where we can stand up, sing up and have fun.

2nd........why do people actually want terracing? it's so 70's and 80's and not worth the hassle,

It creates a better atmosphere, this would encourage the team. You can move about from game to game and meet different people and it's just much more fun than sitting. It is easier to talk to the person behind you if you're stood up than if your sat down. Many people want terracing to return, enough people to make it worth while in a stadium that is only half full anyway...

3rd you couldn't control how many people go in the area, as people would spill over from the dolman stand

Lower Williams would be easy to control as their is a wall that you would need to jump down and the stewards, CCTV etc, would be able to identify the culprit no problem. Make it all ticket, like all the stands effectively are now anyway.

and finally are people really going to want to stand there and get totally soaked? what happens when it rains? everyone will want to go and sit back in the dolman? which they will not be allowed to do.

People do that now anyway. If it rains we'll get over it. I'd sacrifice a drenching every now and again for a atmosphere worthy of a football match week in week out.

Rovers fans managed the drenchings in the Blackthorn end for a fair few years... Do you actually get wet in the Lower Williams anyway?

I propose that we give it a go in the Lower Williams not the Lower Dolman, as like you say, it would be harder to control in the Lower Dolman.

Not sure why? Are we being consulted, I like my wooden seat, it's like a faithful old friend.

Just something that they have said in the past.

Maybe they'll let you keep your wooden seat and make the rest plastic... anything to save 50p. :laugh:

Are we being consulted, when was the last time we got consulted over any decision? Last years home shirt? Big decision that was :whistle: . Although it didn't happen until they could see that we weren't going to give them our money for the original shirt... there's a lesson in there somewhere... :shifty:

To SteveL... There is demand for an all singing all standing all fun area of the ground! HINT! HINT!

doesn't make any sense?

Err why do families wanna sit there and get soaked as mentioned in your final point? regardless, of course families would be found a place to go, if SL can warrant building a new stand for corporate interests and kick people out of their seats in the williams, i'm sure an area could easily be given over to the families who don't

wanna sit with the 'non-families'.

not even worth a response

good point, but answered by BB - make it the 'new' Enclosure in the Grandstand instead

see above

Err why do families wanna sit there and get soaked as mentioned in your final point? regardless, of course families would be found a place to go, if SL can warrant building a new stand for corporate interests and kick people out of their seats in the williams, i'm sure an area could easily be given over to the families who don't

wanna sit with the 'non-families'.

not even worth a response

good point, but answered by BB - make it the 'new' Enclosure in the Grandstand instead

see above

there is even less chance of that happening in the lower williams?..........why would they want to put the "louder" element of fans, right next to any corperate seating, it is hardly going to help the sells of premier seating to then incorperate a "terrace area" for younger fans

face it, there is no where left in the ground where a terrace can be suitable introduced, it won't happen and unless there is any real evidence for the benefit of introducing terracing there is no chance of it happening as it's not in the clubs interest to bring it in

Have you not noticed all the new stadium, all seaters, far better than some shabby terrace like Cardiff!

Football Authorities decide whats best, and terracing has proven to provoke trouble!

Poppycock, what about Milwalls rearrangement of furniture at DogKennel road..that was seating they were lobbing round..aint no terracing there then or now.

there is even less chance of that happening in the lower williams?..........why would they want to put the "louder" element of fans, right next to any corperate seating, it is hardly going to help the sells of premier seating to then incorperate a "terrace area" for younger fans

Who's to say the corporate fans wouldn't like it anyway, a bit presumptuous isn't it? Weren't they going to put posh box's in the new East End? Where do you suggest that they set aside for like minded fans to be boistrous then? Or is there no area for such things at Asthon Gate any more? Why should the "premier seating" take priority....again? Money I can only assume... And they ask us for loyalty, some loyalty in return wouldn't go a miss!

face it, there is no where left in the ground where a terrace can be suitable introduced, it won't happen and unless there is any real evidence for the benefit of introducing terracing there is no chance of it happening as it's not in the clubs interest to bring it in

They can find out if it works by following the simple steps in the original post, they can make any necessary adjustments to it too. That will be their evidence, if it doesn't work, then change it back with the money that they were going to spend on the Dolman.

it's not in the clubs interest to bring it in

Having happy fans, having an atmosphere at Ashton Gate... neither are in the Clubs interest?

They need to make an area available where people can create an atmosphere without causing offence to stewards, families etc... That doesn't mean just chucking a couple of musical notes on the stadium plan, but actually making people aware when they buy a ticket aware that there will be a football atmosphere in that area and words such as... :shutup:

Safe standing works in Germany in large modern stadia. The technology and safety measures exist today for Safe standing. We're not talking about a return to the massive terraces. Small standing areas for 2000 to 4000 people for instance.

Of course Steve L sees that there is no room for debate here. Although it is the perfect solution for getting the atmosphere back at the Gate. Clubs like Man City and West Ham want to allow safe standing. Why can't Steve L back it?

This so called coporate fans Steve L wants at Ashton Gate don't want to watch football in a souless stadium. In Germany they actually put the boxes behind the standing areas in some stadiums as the hospitality people love the atmosphere. The Germans are years ahead of us in this area.

This was posted on another thread but I think it relates more strongly to this thread...

NOW is the time to get this idea water tight and somehow present it to the board.

Would the Supporters Trust be willing to get involved in this?

What are the boards likely arguments against such an idea as terracing?

What are all the pro's and cons of terracing at Ashton Gate?

Lets pool all our thoughts on the matter together!!! :chant6ez:

How can you complain about the smell of onions in an open air stadium? If it's like smoking it doesn't count, does it?

Why oh why is it so hard to cater for everybody's wants and needs?

Met a load more City fans on the weekend who simply do not attend AG as what is on offer is not of any interest to them. (not the actual Football or standard of it btw). They rightly feel that the Club doesn't care about them and consequently are beginning to care less and less about the Club.

How many people would it take to convince the board that this type of issue needs addressing and is actually of benefit to them and to the Club?

In a nutshell.....WTFiGO!?!

Archived