IGNORED

Swindle Living Up Their Name?

tompo

Just when Swindon thought it could not get any worse Andy King is taking them to a tribunal be acuse they have stopped payments on the remainder of his contract.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/4945450.stm

Not the best preparation for their biggest game of the season?

Thing I can't understand is if they can't afford to pay King (they stopped the payments a few months ago) how come they were able to sign players in the January transfer window?

If Swindon do save themselves I would not be happy if I was a fan of the club who go down at their expense.

If Swindon do save themselves I would not be happy if I was a fan of the club who go down at their expense.

right lets end this once and for all. we are 5 points from safety with 6 points available and need the 5 teams above us to all lose.we are relegated, this match on saturday means nothing to us in terms of trying to stay up, its a local derby and we're trying to upset your play-off push. even if we win we are still down but the table doesnt look as bad

right lets end this once and for all. we are 5 points from safety with 6 points available and need the 5 teams above us to all lose.we are relegated, this match on saturday means nothing to us in terms of trying to stay up, its a local derby and we're trying to upset your play-off push. even if we win we are still down but the table doesnt look as bad

If you say it often enough you'll convince yourself eh? We're relegating you on Saturday, face it :razz:

Andy King had links with the club for something like 6 years. He knows the clubs financial situation. He probably also knows that he'll get the money.

If you read the article Devlin has made it quite clear he'll get the money eventually, but obviously the ruthlessness of opposition fans make it sound like we dodging left, right and centre... that isn't the case and we won't go out of business for this either. King is throwing his toys out of his pram. He wants his money, that's fair enough.

I know my next comment isn't business minded but I'd rather we tried to stay up than pay off the man who put in this dire situation this season.

Andy King had links with the club for something like 6 years. He knows the clubs financial situation. He probably also knows that he'll get the money.

If you read the article Devlin has made it quite clear he'll get the money eventually, but obviously the ruthlessness of opposition fans make it sound like we dodging left, right and centre... that isn't the case and we won't go out of business for this either. King is throwing his toys out of his pram. He wants his money, that's fair enough.

I know my next comment isn't business minded but I'd rather we tried to stay up than pay off the man who put in this dire situation this season.

Not ruthlessness of opposition fans at all Rich and I did read the article.

Your chairman is quoted as saying that you could not afford to pay King. That is fair enough but if you can't afford to pay him how could you afford to sign players?

But the problem is he has a contract with Swindon, And Swindon have to pay that no matter what. They can't just pick and choose when to pay people when they have contracts with them. If I was Andy King I would be slightly annoyed.

When Swindon sacked him they knew they would have to carry on paying him so should have thought twice about sacking him really, That's probs why they did go for the cheap option actually.

Now King is taking them to court Swindon will find themselfs in a worser position as the court will favour with King and I may be wrong but I think Swindon will have to pay the legel costs aswell.

"There was a reassessment of where the money needed to go, and we haven't paid Andy for two or three months now."

Surely if it was contractual, they should have debated this change with King first?

e.g. "Andy, we're going to repay you but we're getting stuffed on the pitch at the moment. If we get relegated you may never get your money. Do you mind if we suspend payments for a few months and we buy some players instead?"

I'm not claiming that you're dodging this, Rich, merely that you're moving the goalposts - it started as a lump sum, then goes monthly, then you have a reassessment and decide that you would suspend payment for a while.

If it's in the contract your accountants should have got it paid off first. You're stuffed in court.

It's called cutting your cloth, Yearly wind up orders, Former managers suing for unpaid contracts, Yet you always find money to bring highly paid has beens:-Ruddock, Peacock, Thorpe, Cureton etc, etc. I know your a fan and you defend your club, But, Surely a quick look at the accounts would tell you, 'umm this week we have to pay our VAT, Next week the telephone, The week after OUR EX MANAGER and a months time Lee Peacocks hotel bar bill.

Last time I brought this up you told me that this was simplistic, I don't see it like that bills first/highly paid has beens 2nd. High court battles cost money as well and your next winding up order might be your last or the loss of 10 points in 2nd division would be catastrophic.

Believe me the quick fix with has beens and never were's dosen't work, They could'nt care a damn about Swindon Town FC, We should know we have signed enough over the years i've supported BCFC.

Back in 1963 Swindon had one the best young sides I have ever seen:-The great Ernie Hunt, Bobby Woodruff, Roger Smart, Mike Summerbee, John Trollope and the emerging Don Rogers, Most were either home grown or very cheap recruits, But, They actually cared about the club.

They know they have to pay him, they are just messing with him to ensure we pay everyone else first. Fair enough I say, although I'd do exactly what he is if I was in his shoes.

We are relegated by the way. It takes some sort of mathmatical miracle for us to stay up because bottom teams are playing each other. Plus we'd have to win 2 games on the trot to even make the miracle possible, which is clearly not going to happen.

From the BBC:

Swindon taken to tribunal by King

King has had two spells in charge of Swindon

Former Swindon Town manager Andy King has taken the club to an industrial tribunal to try to claim the wages he is owed, reports BBC Radio Swindon.

King was sacked last September, and under the terms of his contract he was due to receive a year's wages.

Swindon started to pay the money but stopped because they claimed they could not afford to keep up the payments.

Deputy chairman Mark Devlin says the club intends to eventually pay King the money he is owed.

Devlin told BBC Radio Swindon: "The club at the time obviously didn't have the money to pay it in one big hit, so they began to pay it on a monthly basis.

"There was a reassessment of where the money needed to go, and we haven't paid Andy for two or three months now.

"He decided to take us to court which is totally understandable, it's his prerogative.

"We do fully intend to pay Andy but we need to pay him when obviously the club has the money."

:dance::w00t::dance:

Defending Swindon is all I have.

Only a relegation for Oxford can save my season now.

Most intelligent Swinetowner on this board, Rich, and you may get your way. Hopefully the Dung go with you,, and you kicke em into the conference. Incidentally second time your club has "fianacial irregularities hanging about.............

Must be the air in Wiltshire..................

Nothing irregular about it, we have just decided not to pay him and use the cash to sort other stuff out while the cash flow is tight. He'll probably be paid in June after Bryan Adams delights the 40 somethings.

So would you be happy if the company youwork for decided to pay others but not you?

Playing devil's advocate...

Given that Swindle are pretty much down, some might argue that it would be a really good time to take the points hit that going into administration would cost (wiping out those payments into the bargain).

SHHHHHHHHH, Don't let them know they could do that.

They know they have to pay him, they are just messing with him to ensure we pay everyone else first. Fair enough I say, although I'd do exactly what he is if I was in his shoes.

We are relegated by the way. It takes some sort of mathmatical miracle for us to stay up because bottom teams are playing each other. Plus we'd have to win 2 games on the trot to even make the miracle possible, which is clearly not going to happen.

We could say exactly the same thing with the playoffs mate, until it's impossible, which at this time it isn't, then we are in the running, So no you're not relegated yet, that happens Saturday I hope. :pray:

Archived