IGNORED

Cidered - You've Been Spotted

Chivs

Inspired by the main site's coverage of BCFC flags at the World Cup and mistakenly thinking that someone was wearing a City shirt at the Wimbledon final, I've come up with an idea.

The idea is to raise the awareness of the BCFC name.

I want a new t-shirt with a phrase like "Bristol City - Spotted" on the front. These could be sold by the ST for, say, £10. The challenge is to see who, during the course of the season, can get themselves on TV, or in the national dailies, wearing the BCFC t-shirt. The person who appears the most times wins (probably not much more than respect but it's the taking part...).

The event could be a sporting occasion (cricket in Australia), a political event (Blair speech in Bristol) or a news item etc. The only rule should be that you are spotted on TV or in a national daily newspaper at an event not organised by BCFC.

What do you think?

Could also extend it so that anyone who goes travelling or on their hols gets a pic of them in the tshirt next to a famous landmark or random animal or something.

Hang on Dolly, taking your hamster on holiday with you doesn't count. :whistle:

Hang on Dolly, taking your hamster on holiday with you doesn't count. :whistle:

Theyre not allowed out of the country, and as one went to the hamster wheel in the sky last week its a bit of a sore subject right now :crying:

Something like this?

Looks good Madger.

Perhaps a point scoring system such as;

5 points for national TV and/or national newspaper;

3 points for local TV and papers;

1 point for websites of photos (only 1 point per person per website)

Anyone spotted provides evidence to a panel of 3 judges who need to be convinced of the authenticity of the claim (ie if spotted on national TV it would need an independent witness or video evidence to prove the claim to the judges).

The Supporters Trust would be happy to get involved with promoting the competition / collecting payments (such as with the paypal button and posting) / holding excess cash to go to the winner etc.

Perhaps a point scoring system such as;

5 points for national TV and/or national newspaper;

3 points for local TV and papers;

1 point for websites of photos (only 1 point per person per website)

Anyone spotted provides evidence to a panel of 3 judges who need to be convinced of the authenticity of the claim (ie if spotted on national TV it would need an independent witness or video evidence to prove the claim to the judges).

The Supporters Trust would be happy to get involved with promoting the competition / collecting payments (such as with the paypal button and posting) / holding excess cash to go to the winner etc.

Just a thought but why not have some of the money going to OTIb's running costs?

Inspired by the main site's coverage of BCFC flags at the World Cup and mistakenly thinking that someone was wearing a City shirt at the Wimbledon final, I've come up with an idea.

The idea is to raise the awareness of the BCFC name.

I want a new t-shirt with a phrase like "Bristol City - Spotted" on the front. These could be sold by the ST for, say, £10. The challenge is to see who, during the course of the season, can get themselves on TV, or in the national dailies, wearing the BCFC t-shirt. The person who appears the most times wins (probably not much more than respect but it's the taking part...).

The event could be a sporting occasion (cricket in Australia), a political event (Blair speech in Bristol) or a news item etc. The only rule should be that you are spotted on TV or in a national daily newspaper at an event not organised by BCFC.

What do you think?

I'll get a flag on the Ashes Brisbane game

Something like this?

IPB Image

Yes, exactly. :D

If the ST get involved they may want to have their URL on it somewhere?

What about negative coverage? :devil:

Court appearances? Riots? chavscum.co.uk?

Does that factor into the final count?

Ahh now, this is getting into a murky area. What have I started?

Do you get negative points if you appear at a Hunt meeting wearing the famed Spotted t-shirt? What if you appear at a Rovers game with it on? Negative points, or many plus points? :devil:

This could well be a question of morals rather than an attempt to raise the awareness of BCFC. :city:

Archived