IGNORED

Coventry City Match

flying fokker

First of all I would like to say thank you to some of your fans who were helpful on Matchday.

I have looked out for Bristol City results since 1977 when we were locked in that remarkable match at Highfield Road.

I am a guest of the administrator so if this offends please accept my apology.

I have read some of your comments about the policing of the match. I left out of the away supporters stand and to be honest i was surprised to see so many Bristol City fans at the bottom of the steps (some of whom were the Brisol supporters from the right side of the stand. I felt at ease amongst the Bristol City fans but was also concerned that something might 'kick off'.

I have also read some of your comments about the stand we were in being taken away from the home supporters. I understand your concerns because you will find that our fans are similarly removed from one of the ends of the Ricoh. 2 seasons like this........We are hoping to be behind both sets of goals next season.

I don't know what you were expecting but you will find that the vast majority of Coventry City fans are just like you.

We do not go to matches for trouble.

Hospitality suites are always going to wind the local fans up when they cater for the opposition.

Let me just prepare you for some of the Ricoh factor. Coventry City fans are partisan and you will find that block 16 (near the away end) is where the idiots from our club will congregate(all of whom do not remember that famous night in the 70's). They are all spotty faced youths with jumped up ideas of their own worth and have been known to poke each other on the nose a few times.

That is the worst bit.

The Jewson Stand is where most of you will be and it holds around 6000. I hope you fill it because the atmosphere will be fantastic.

Parking is a challenge at times because there are so many restricted parking zones.You should look at the Arena shopping centre because you can park for free if you spend £25 there. Alternatively you could park at leisure island (do ricoh parking search). There are plenty of places to park and you will find that many Coventry fans use the car parks with the away supporters. There are some areas roads where Coventry and away supporters all walk so this is the norm and i would therefore not worry about trouble.

Just to finish....I'm looking forward to the game and have to say that things are far from over. Coventry are going through a rough time at the moment and therefore i would expect it to be another classic cup game.

Met some of your fans in the pub on Saturday and were a nice bunch of blokes. Seems like you have been through the mill over the past 5 years or so. Not many had a good word to say about Strachen and his 60 million pound spending spree!! Seems as though there has been a decline with the club since your relegation days. Still you have a good stadium now and some good players. Maybe your going through a bad patch and will pick up soon. It seems that its 50/50 with your fans wanting Adams out. I'm sure the replay will be another goal feast of a game. Lots of city fans will make their way up to the midlands. Good luck for the rest of the season.

First of all I would like to say thank you to some of your fans who were helpful on Matchday.

I have looked out for Bristol City results since 1977 when we were locked in that remarkable match at Highfield Road.

I have read some of your comments about the policing of the match. I left out of the away supporters stand and to be honest i was surprised to see so many Bristol City fans at the bottom of the steps (some of whom were the Brisol supporters from the right side of the stand. I felt at ease amongst the Bristol City fans but was also concerned that something might 'kick off'.

I have also read some of your comments about the stand we were in being taken away from the home supporters. I understand your concerns because you will find that our fans are similarly removed from one of the ends of the Ricoh. 2 seasons like this........We are hoping to be behind both sets of goals next season.

I don't know what you were expecting but you will find that the vast majority of Coventry City fans are just like you.

Hospitality suites are always going to wind the local fans up when they cater for the opposition.

Let me just prepare you for some of the Ricoh factor. Coventry City fans are partisan and you will find that block 16 (near the away end) is where the idiots from our club will congregate(all of whom do not remember that famous night in the 70's). They are all spotty faced youths with jumped up ideas of their own worth and have been known to poke each other on the nose a few times.

That is the worst bit.

The Jewson Stand is where most of you will be and it holds around 6000. I hope you fill it because the atmosphere will be fantastic.

Parking is a challenge at times because there are so many restricted parking zones.You should look at the Arena shopping centre because you can park for free if you spend £25 there. Alternatively you could park at leisure island (do ricoh parking search). There are plenty of places to park and you will find that many Coventry fans use the car parks with the away supporters. There are some areas roads where Coventry and away supporters all walk so this is the norm and i would therefore not worry about trouble.

Just to finish....I'm looking forward to the game and have to say that things are far from over. Coventry are going through a rough time at the moment and therefore i would expect it to be another classic cup game.

Nice post mate - I would say all clubs have their moronic thugs who ought to be sent permanently to one of our colonies. That would have to be Wales then. Some clubs have more than their fair share and sadly we are one of those.

I think there is a lot of interest in the replay, given your fine stadium, with a home draw for the winners and I wouldn't bet against a decent away following - alas nowhere near 6,000 though. :no:

• Admin

Coventry train station is about three and half miles away from the stadium and really is too far to walk. There is a shuttle bus that operates from the bus station to the Tesco/Arena stadium complex. It departs every 10 minutes and costs £3 return (for adults), otherwise jump in a taxi.

Away fans are located at one end of the stadium in the Jewson South Stand, where around 3,000 supporters can be accommodated. The angle of the stand is quite steep, meaning a fair bit of effort to climb to the top. Normally a steep stand means that fans are close to the playing action, but not here. Not only is there a sizeable cinder track surrounding the playing area, but this in turn is a considerable distance from the pitch itself. This does lead to some viewing problems, especially when the action is taking place at the other end. The leg room is adequate for most and the stadium does have good acoustics, which should help boost the atmosphere. Behind the stands there are spacious concourses and a number of food and drink outlets serving amongst other things the delicious 'Football's Famous Chicken Balti Pie' (£2.20), as well as steak & kidney pies, pasties, hot dogs and burgers (£2.50). Alcohol is also available in the form of Carling Lager & Worthington Bitter (both £2.60 a pint). The Club also offer a 'pie and a pint' for £4.60. The concourses also have a number of televisions which show the game being played inside.

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

That is the worst bit.

One quick question Fokker, you mention the arena car park, i noticed on your web site that when your lot got back to the car park FIVE of the cars had there windscreen smashed! does this happen a lot at games or was it a one off? Cheers mate 2-1 to us in replay.

Coventry train station is about three and half miles away from the stadium and really is too far to walk. There is a shuttle bus that operates from the bus station to the Tesco/Arena stadium complex. It departs every 10 minutes and costs £3 return (for adults), otherwise jump in a taxi.

Away fans are located at one end of the stadium in the Jewson South Stand, where around 3,000 supporters can be accommodated. The angle of the stand is quite steep, meaning a fair bit of effort to climb to the top. Normally a steep stand means that fans are close to the playing action, but not here. Not only is there a sizeable cinder track surrounding the playing area, but this in turn is a considerable distance from the pitch itself. This does lead to some viewing problems, especially when the action is taking place at the other end. The leg room is adequate for most and the stadium does have good acoustics, which should help boost the atmosphere. Behind the stands there are spacious concourses and a number of food and drink outlets serving amongst other things the delicious 'Football's Famous Chicken Balti Pie' (£2.20), as well as steak & kidney pies, pasties, hot dogs and burgers (£2.50). Alcohol is also available in the form of Carling Lager & Worthington Bitter (both £2.60 a pint). The Club also offer a 'pie and a pint' for £4.60. The concourses also have a number of televisions which show the game being played inside.

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

That is the worst bit.

Thanks for that you nice flying fokker you, 40,000 to the mill a few seasons back but would guess around 1500 will make the journey as we are concentrating on playing you proper next season :pray:

That is the worst bit.

Top post.

I was a fifteen year old lad at coventry all those years ago,cracking night,there was a article in the EP tonight that reckon there was over 15000 Bristol fans there in all areas of the ground.Remarkable night I will never forget it. However this time around I reckon we could be suprised with the away following some say 500,personally I think between two and three thousand.

The game at the gate was a cracker lets hope we have another next tuesday.

Archived