IGNORED

Why Do We Need So Much Segregation

bringbacktherobin

Why does so much of out ground need to be closed off?

image081gi2.jpg

That is a premiership game at newcastle, -v- blackburn i think.

Away fans on the left, toon fans on the right.

5 Stewards separting the fans, the netting only takes up 3 seats.

Why do we need to take up 000's

Because its what the local authorities demand from us to supply us with a safety certificate.

What fans shouting at each other

If you think that is just just 'shouting at each other', and it wouldn't lead to anything if there were no riot police etc etc, then you are being very naive.

Segregation is essential for games like Cardiff, Millwall etc, however wehre do you draw the line? How do you know what teams will bring what 'fans'. Nobody knows, so blanket segregation is done.

:no:

Why does so much of out ground need to be closed off?

That is a premiership game at newcastle, -v- blackburn i think.

Away fans on the left, toon fans on the right.

5 Stewards separting the fans, the netting only takes up 3 seats.

Why do we need to take up 000's

I agree.

I posted something on here recently recommending the club to follow Cardiff's lead and copy what they did with the stand that houses the away fans.

_41210138_grange_bbc_203.jpg

They limited the away capacity to 2,000 (shown on the right hand side of the picture above) and built two fence's to create a sort of 'no-go zone' before freeing up the rest of the stand for the vociferous home support.

If we did this, it would not only allow BCFC to sell ST's in the East End but not hand the away team such an accoustic advantage when visiting the Gate next term. It's surely the most cost effective option of appeasing fans' demands to get back in there...

I agree.

I posted something on here recently recommending the club to follow Cardiff's lead and copy what they did with the stand that houses the away fans.

They limited the away capacity to 2,000 (shown on the right hand side of the picture above) and built two fence's to create a sort of 'no-go zone' before freeing up the rest of the stand for the vociferous home support.

If we did this, it would not only allow BCFC to sell ST's in the East End but not hand the away team such an accoustic advantage when visiting the Gate next term. It's surely the most cost effective option of appeasing fans' demands to get back in there...

Ive been to cardiff twice and ive always thought this was a good idea, didnt we have the fence up before though I'm sure we did and people jumped up on it

I agree.

have to agree. cardiff managed when millwall were there.

it just makes everyone happy and gives the atmosphere the players needs to stay up next season!

have to agree. cardiff managed when millwall were there.

it just makes everyone happy and gives the atmosphere the players needs to stay up next season!

yeah if you look at some of the games they have had there and they have managed fine i cant see why city cant do it for us, if you have the fences then have a line of police when the big teams come down i think it would work

Segregation is essential for games like Cardiff, Millwall etc, however wehre do you draw the line? How do you know what teams will bring what 'fans'. Nobody knows, so blanket segregation is done.

So why not at Tottm v Arsenal ,Man Utd v Man City Celtic v Rangers?

There IS a need for segregation.There is no need to take out thousands of seats.

If we don't knock down the EE, we will need to house about 2-3,000 City supporters in there for financial and moreover, football reasons next seson and that can be done by reinstating Block A and having the City fans next to The Williams.

Give away fans a maximum of 1,500-2,000 next to the Dolman and put proper, but moveable segregation in place that can be moved when visiting supporters only utilise 500 or so seats.It happens at other clubs and if we can land a man on the moon we can solve this.

I agree.

Agreed and we could also use a physical barrier made out of similar GRP construction as used to stop the puck flying into the crowd at ice hockey matches.If it'll stup a puck at 90mph it'll stop a Pukka Pie thrown by a chav herbert at 30mph.

The only problem with the Cardiff Solution is that it can't be moved to accommodate more home fans when only 200 away fans turn up for a night game.

Agreed and we could also use a physical barrier made out of similar GRP construction as used to stop the puck flying into the crowd at ice hockey matches.If it'll stup a puck at 90mph it'll stop a Pukka Pie thrown by a chav herbert at 30mph.

The only problem with the Cardiff Solution is that it can't be moved to accommodate more home fans when only 200 away fans turn up for a night game.

That's surely only a very minor problem at the very least BB! At least we wouldn't be outsung by 200 Bury fans on a cold November night anymore! Besides, this would surely suffice until the new EE is finally ready to get going again? And who knows how long that could be!

By undertaking this work, it would be ready in a few weeks and, more importantly, in time for ST's to be sold. The infrastructure's in place to get the fans safely in with the tunnel nearest the Williams Stand being up and running for several seasons now.

I get totally fed up with visiting fans coming to the Gate and saying we make no noise so maybe this idea should be put forward to the Supporters Trust. Maybe they could use some influence to get this idea off the ground and in place before August 11th...

Guest North Street

You do not need a fence at all.

The mesh City already in use "is" extremely robust and unless you clamber over it on your knees almost impossible to negotiate without falling over. It bounces up and down and the seats beneath tip over providing a further obstacle.This mesh

is considered to be sufficent at most grounds in the UK.

We've seen in the past fances don't work, and we see each week that clubs with very active mobs can be sat next to each other in the prem, with 1 line of stewards and nothing happens.

The bigger the segregation the easier it is for #### to posture. Remove that safety harness and it doesn't happen.

The bigger the segregation the easier it is for #### to posture. Remove that safety harness and it doesn't happen.

good point - the bigger the gap/segregation - the "harder" (ie safer) the chav's feel!

Were you at Millwall? - because all the preceeding week before the game all we heard was that the lower tier at the Den would not be opened for OUR safety, watch your back, don't wear colours etc etc......in fact having been at the Den it was clear to me that the lower (away) tier was closed to City fans in order to protect their goby little band of Millwall 14 -16 year old chavs in the West stand lower tier who were "giving it large" from behind the segregated area..............the bigger the fence - the more they pose!

We've seen in the past fances don't work, and we see each week that clubs with very active mobs can be sat next to each other in the prem, with 1 line of stewards and nothing happens.

Exactly. The moronic 12 year-olds who've had an overload of E numbers won't be quite so gobby if there's a chance that someone could have a go back at them. Whenever I go to away grounds, this is all that any potential "disorder" consists of (from our side and the oppositions).

Archived