IGNORED

Brooker Out On Loan

Guest Eamer

Would it be a decent idea to send him out on loan? He's played a couple for the reserves and probably isn't ready for the standards in the Championship at the moment. What would everyones reaction be if he went out on loan to say, Cheltenham or Swindon or someone?

As things stand, not sure that Brooker would be more effective than Trundle or Enoch coming off the bench or Byfield in the first team.

The 3 of them are rotating nicely at the moment, all hungry and fighting fit.

Brooker coming back at his peak, yes, the Brooker we all know who needs 5 or 6 games to get back to his best, no.

The other 3 have done nothing wrong to be left out of the first 16, so a month on loan for Brooker to find fitness and form might not be a bad idea.

A loan would only apply to Division 1 or 2, and the 6ft+, 14 stone+ body bashers would destroy whatever long term treatment we have applied.

Off the bench a bit at a time, starting in a cup match this weekend. GJ played Brooker a quarter fit , half fit and no where near fit, because he knows what it means to the team, having the enforcer on the field.

Who else has he done that with...... no one !

Brooker on loan ? I for one would be very surprised as I believe GJ knows better.

A loan would only apply to Division 1 or 2, and the 6ft+, 14 stone+ body bashers would destroy whatever long term treatment we have applied.

Off the bench a bit at a time, starting in a cup match this weekend. GJ played Brooker a quarter fit , half fit and no where near fit, because he knows what it means to the team, having the enforcer on the field.

Who else has he done that with...... no one !

Brooker on loan ? I for one would be very surprised as I believe GJ knows better.

No Byfield and Trundle as competition last time though R&R.

I've no doubt GJ knows better :innocent06: and Brooker not going on loan is the more probable scenario.

To accommodate his return though, one of Byfield, Enoch and Trundle will in all likelihood need to be dropped from the first 16.

I'm just not sure any of them deserve to be.

No Byfield and Trundle as competition last time though R&R.

I've no doubt GJ knows better :innocent06: and Brooker not going on loan is the more probable scenario.

To accommodate his return though, one of Byfield, Enoch and Trundle will in all likelihood need to be dropped from the first 16.

I'm just not sure any of them deserve to be.

I Think Byfield, Brooker, Showdude and LT are enough for the striking 4. We only have about 20 games remaining, Add Carle as an attacking genius and we have to be fool proof...... well safe.....well in good shape.....well better than relegation. Its ok, we will be there abouts for auto/playoffs

As things stand, not sure that Brooker would be more effective than Trundle or Enoch coming off the bench or Byfield in the first team.

The 3 of them are rotating nicely at the moment, all hungry and fighting fit.

Brooker coming back at his peak, yes, the Brooker we all know who needs 5 or 6 games to get back to his best, no.

The other 3 have done nothing wrong to be left out of the first 16, so a month on loan for Brooker to find fitness and form might not be a bad idea.

Rotating nicely could refer to a plump chicken, however we are the lowest scoring team in the play off 6, also having the worst goal difference.

3 players may have done nothing wrong, however they have not done enough as far as the goals scored situation, apart from Byfield. His goals scored for time on the pitch is excellent. For a team undergoing its first Championship experience together, the squad have excelled.

Lita was always good but with Brooker alongside him he was brilliant. With Brooker and one or two of our other front men, we can hope for the combination we need. We need even more goals, to put teams away when we have the ascendancy, as per Coventry.

Brooker on loan, well I consider the source and would prefer to think not. A seasoned pro, a valuable assett with a contract until 2009.

Nogbad.........Happy New Year.

Eamer.........Keep working, you are improving and Happy New Year.

Would it be a decent idea to send him out on loan? He's played a couple for the reserves and probably isn't ready for the standards in the Championship at the moment. What would everyones reaction be if he went out on loan to say, Cheltenham or Swindon or someone?

Yeah i would agree with him being loaned out. Needs regular games. Dosen`t look like it`ll happen too soon with us, so it`ll benefit him and us to get some regular 1st team football under his belt on loan somewhere. Dosen`t matter what club it is. Even if it`s.. THE GAS :laugh:

If Brooker goes out on loan that tells me we'll definetly be signing at least one striker.

It's the old problem with not having enough reserve football and the quality of what we play isn't great.The only way you'll get match fit is by playing first team football.

Double edged sword really-Can we get him fit by loaning him out or will we lose him to injury?

We can't wrap him in cotton wool forever and he's been out for almost a year on & off so I say, loan him out, get him fit and then he can provide healthy competition for our existing strikers which, in terms of goals when starting games wouldn't be difficult and our new signing......or two, up front!

We can't wrap him in cotton wool forever and he's been out for almost a year on & off so I say, loan him out, get him fit and then he can provide healthy competition for our existing strikers which, in terms of goals when starting games wouldn't be difficult and our new signing......or two, up front!

Our Championship rivals will certainly be strengthening their forward power this month, which coupled with Brooker's temporary departure means that we should bring in two good loan strikers before the window closes.

Our Championship rivals will certainly be strengthening their forward power this month, which coupled with Brooker's temporary departure means that we should bring in two good loan strikers before the window closes.

Where are we going to get 1 let alone 2 good strikers from??????

Any good CCC standard striker will not be loaned to us, any lower league club will want us to buy not loan and are there any better out there than the ones we've already got which leaves an out of favor premership striker who if they are any good will be looking to move to another prem club.

Where are we going to get 1 let alone 2 good strikers from??????

Our scouting network.

Any good CCC standard striker will not be loaned to us, any lower league club will want us to buy not loan and are there any better out there than the ones we've already got

They may be loaned with a view to a permanent transfer, never say never.

which leaves an out of favor premership striker who if they are any good will be looking to move to another prem club.

See above. We could afford one Premiership player's wages at 20 weeks for a £25,000 per week man, if it was the difference between promotion, or failure. Preston North End were 2nd with 47 points after 26 games in 2006/07, but they failed to improve their squad in January and consequently dropped to 7th place by the season's end.

Our scouting network.

They may be loaned with a view to a permanent transfer, never say never.

See above. We could afford one Premiership player's wages at 20 weeks for a £25,000 per week man, if it was the difference between promotion, or failure. Preston North End were 2nd with 47 points after 26 games in 2006/07, but they failed to improve their squad in January and consequently dropped to 7th place by the season's end.

Every club wants a 20+ goal a season striker so will only let one go for big money. We may get a good youth player from a big premership club but it would be a risk. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a top striker at Ashton Gate for the rest of the season but I am trying to be realistic and think our only chance of getting a new striker is a lower league player who wants to step up apart from that we will have to gain promotion with what we've got which given the right service will be good enough IMO.

As for Preston they did have what most people would call a 20+ goal CCC striker so didn't need to strengthen in that area.

As for Preston they did have what most people would call a 20+ goal CCC striker so didn't need to strengthen in that area.

Dave Nugent? His highest tally was 15 in the league season...

He still got sold for what £5 mill or something? Does back up your point about realism though if a guaranteed 15 goal man costs so much.

Dave Nugent? His highest tally was 15 in the league season...

He still got sold for what £5 mill or something? Does back up your point about realism though if a guaranteed 15 goal man costs so much.

At the time he was an England International. Does anybody really think we are going to attract that calibre of player. When we get promoted but not yet.

Rotating nicely could refer to a plump chicken, however we are the lowest scoring team in the play off 6, also having the worst goal difference.

3 players may have done nothing wrong, however they have not done enough as far as the goals scored situation, apart from Byfield. His goals scored for time on the pitch is excellent. For a team undergoing its first Championship experience together, the squad have excelled.

Lita was always good but with Brooker alongside him he was brilliant. With Brooker and one or two of our other front men, we can hope for the combination we need. We need even more goals, to put teams away when we have the ascendancy, as per Coventry.

Brooker on loan, well I consider the source and would prefer to think not. A seasoned pro, a valuable assett with a contract until 2009.

Nogbad.........Happy New Year.

Just found this one again, a very Happy New Year to you R&R. :thumbsup:

Looks like Brooker was going on loan but back injury prevents for the time being.

I think we'll be discussing SB for a long while yet, but by the time we next get round to it he looks certain have even more competition.

It may be that like the unfortunate Artus, the progression City are making and the ongoing signings to maintain this will ultimately block Brooker's chances to impress at first team Championship level at AG.

Even if he can get fit - one injury often leads to another and his continuing bad luck/inability to get fit is obviously now a huge concern.

Archived