IGNORED

This Block Of 10

garlicbread

Talk of auto promo now in our hands...amazing feeling!!

I feel that the Palace game on monday will be our most telling game of the season. If we win, we will have daylight between us and 2nd....we will be 2pts above Watford, 4 above Stoke and 5 above West Brom, having played a game more.

That would put massive pressure on the rest, and give us some breathing space for the first time....what a boost that would be.

So to the maths...If we finish this block of 10 on 17 (again), and then get the 17 pro rata from our last 6 surely we have a massive chance. But as I cant count, can the stato's help me out and stick on predictions the for the run in??

(Soccerbot says this..

Predicted Final Table Pld Pts

1 Watford 46 84

2 Stoke City 46 83

3 Bristol City 46 83

4 West Bromwich Albion 46 79

5 Charlton Athletic 46 74

6 Ipswich Town 46 73

I would tend to agree with this, beware The Stoke!

I was thinking about this - perhaps the approach is to get so we are 10 games left then plan from there.

Soccerbot was predicting us 4th yesterday, and recognises only the past 6 games or so, blended with the points per game ratio.

they are estimating that 84 points would win the league then, and we are on 57, so that leaves 27 still to get from 14 games which is 1.92 points per game. Last 6 we have picked up 10 points, so need another 9 from next three games to keep the momentum going - a tall order!

But it sure wont be easy I am not saying the following will happen but this is what an 86 point finish would look like:

next four as follows could give us

Palace (home) win - 3 points

Colchester (away) - win - 3 points

Hull (home) - win - 3 points

Charlton (away) - lose

and we will be then on 66 points with 10 games to go to get 18 required but if we win the homes and draw the away we will be champions on 86 points with point per game of 2 only slightly higher than it is over the last 7!

Leicester (away) - draw - 1 point - 67

Watford (home) - win - 3 points - 70

Plymouth (home) - win - 3 points - 73

Cardiff (away) - draw - 1 point - 74

Naarwich (home) - win - 3 points - 77

Saints (away) - draw - 1 point - 78

Wolvos (home) - win - 3 point - 81

Stoke (away) - draw - 1 point - 82

Shef Utd (away) - draw - 1 point - 83

Preston (home) - win - 3 points - 86

I still believe, there is only one loss in the above, but 6 draws. We have the best defence in the league, and the number 1 keeper so not entirely dreamland! Still very much on, mathematically and today its in our hands.

Come on you Reds! We can do it!!

Archived